BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a shame. I said last week that Ramsey is the most promising young player in the Premier League and that he was being groomed to replace Fabregas. I really hope it doesn't end his career. I take it it's a broken leg?

Will be interestign to see if Arsenal can get their minds back on the game and get a winner.

Lower leg/ankle. Very very nasty. Well done Sky for not showing it and pandering to the Ghouls.

I wouldn't have minded seeing it again because I didn't think it was a red. Watched it back on sky+ a couple of times and it just looked like a 50/50, but from another angle it may be bad. Shame for Ramsey he has really come on well this season.

Penalty to Arsenal.

Edit: 3-1 now.

• Backroom

Get in

hope wenger doesn't go ott as I like him in general but he does say some silly stuff

yes 3-1

There's a reason football is known as Wendyball by Rugby League followers. Yes it's a bad injury, but bloody hell the Sky commentators are writing his eulogy.

oh noooooo a load of people who follow egg chasing slag off football whatever will we do?

The commentatera were right it was a shocking injury I'm sure a fat rugby player wouldn't just run it off

They need to start issuing huge bans for things like this, it's sickening.

In any other profession, such negligence/incompetence that led to a severe injury to someone would have HUGE consequences. 3 games just isn't right.

What?! There's was no malice in Shawcross' tackle, you could see it was an accident.

Very surprised to read that from you. Not your usual handwriting.

What?! There's was no malice in Shawcross' tackle, you could see it was an accident.

Very surprised to read that from you. Not your usual handwriting.

Maybe should have waited longer than 30 seconds after seeing it before writing. I know it wasn't malicious, but it was still dangerous.

From only the one camera angle it's difficult to judge whether the tackle was bad or not. I've looked at it a couple of times back on Sky+ and it did indeed look a little bit like a lunge from Shawcross. But to be fair the ball was there to be won it was just that Ramsey's speed proved to be a vital factor in him picking up the horrific injury. Within a second or so a ball which looked to be heading for a 50/50 tackle saw Ramsey bring the ball down under control. Shawcross who was fully commited on the 50/50 tackle came through at speed and the injury happened.

That's just my view on it from the one camera angle anyway, other replays (which I don't particularly want to see) may indeed prove it was indeed a very poor tackle, in which case I retract what I've said above. But in my opinion it's no coincidence that Arsenal players seemingly keep picking up these sort of injuries, a lot of their players are nimble and have very quick feet a player only needs to put in a slighlty mis-timed tackle particular at speed and there's always the chance that an injury like this can happen.

Thoughts have got to be with the young lad Ramsey, who looks to be a potential star in the making. Hopeuflly he'll be able to come back from this injury.

Keith Andrews is a Blackburn player. He wears the blue and white shirt. He has never claimed to be the best player in the world. He does a decent job. He scores goals. He marked Kevin Davies out of the game on Sunday when Ryan Nelsen went off - no mean feat. And to top it off, he gives everyone football fan hope that one day they can become a professional footballer. He is a lovely guy off the pitch

I wouldn't have minded seeing it again because I didn't think it was a red. Watched it back on sky+ a couple of times and it just looked like a 50/50, but from another angle it may be bad. Shame for Ramsey he has really come on well this season.

Penalty to Arsenal.

Edit: 3-1 now.

Accident or not 'ANY leg breaker' has to have a red card, otherwise the referee could be deemed negligent even though he hasnt committed the offence.

Keith Andrews is a Blackburn player. He wears the blue and white shirt. He has never claimed to be the best player in the world. He does a decent job. He scores goals. He marked Kevin Davies out of the game on Sunday when Ryan Nelsen went off - no mean feat. And to top it off, he gives everyone football fan hope that one day they can become a professional footballer. He is a lovely guy off the pitch

Rubbish !

on your bike rover 1995.

Archived