BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Yeah, I don't think there was any malice in it. It wasn't the best of challenges - he wasn't in full control, but it was happening at high speed and Ramsey was just too quick for his own good.

The player's reaction when he realised what he'd done tells its own story.

It's very similar to the Martin Taylor thing, and for Wenger to be amping things up like that does not help. I hope Ramsey makes a full recovery.

Presumably these things happen to Arsenal players not because they are targetted by other teams but because they are quicker and more skilful than other teams. Wenger keeps bringing through this type of players therefore the law of averages means that he will get more of this type of injury. Perhaps he should think about this before he starts suggesting that players are out to injure his players. Not suggesting that he shouldn't play skilful players, just that those things happen. Tony Pulis was almost in tears after the match and Shawcross by all accounts was. You don't react like that if you meant to do it. I feel enormously sorry for Ramsey and hope he makes a full recovery and goes on to have a very successful career but I also feel sorry for Shawcross on what should have been the happiest occasion of his career so far that one moment's misjudgement has resulted in such a nasty injury to a fellow professional.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sooner Wenger gets out of football the better. He's done fabulous things for Arsenal but his shocking lack of respect for other players and managers is pathetic. Cant stand the man, there are no other players or managers in the game who i dislike less.

Shawcross was clearly devastated and to hear Wenger's comments after the game which only helped to heap more misery onto his young shoulders was disgusting. A freak injury is a freak injury, but against Arsenal there is always somebody to blame. Wenger is acting as if the boy needs arresting.

All the best to Ramsey.

From a Welsh view, I think it was an accident.

Shawcross lost control of the ball, panicked and tried to win it back with a tackle that wasn't imo with any malicious intent. He's just been caled up to the England squad only a few months before the world cup, he's out to continue impressing on what has been a very good season for Shwacross and it was just a missed time challenge like any other people have seen up and down the country this weekend.

The tackle was low, not even close to the knee. It's a shame for Ramsey and especially for Welsh football as he is the future for the national team. Wales have some good youth coming through but Ramsey was the pick of the bunch. Hopefully he makes a full recovery because potentally he could become world class.

• Backroom

Why wasn't vidic sent off when samba was for the same thing in the last round?

Also is friedel in goal? If so that's shoddy by o neill as guzan has played every round and has been vital in a couple of games for them including a heroic performance v Sunderland

• Backroom

Ref's been poor so far, 2 Villa players booked for their first mistimed tackle yet Vidic gets away with a blatant red and Rafael and Carrick get away woth blatant yellows.

Also is friedel in goal? If so that's shoddy by o neill as guzan has played every round and has been vital in a couple of games for them including a heroic performance v Sunderland

and nearly cost them a place in the final by his shoddy antics against rovers in the second leg.

• Backroom

Great header but I think we would question Robbo if he got beat with a looped header from there

Rooney is a shoe in for player of the season this year, lets hope he keeps it up in summer

How quickly Vidic has fallen - shame for Utd that Scotty's "inside tip" didn't happen in the summer. He's really starting to get shown up for pace and isn't half the player he has been before this season.

Because he plays for Utd.

RFW had obviously got to Phil Dowd and he bottled the most obvious of sendings off.

Great result for us with Sunderland 0 Fulham 0. Keeps us within reaching distance of 8th and maintains a 7 point gap to the clubs next in the table behind us.

Vila must have had the easiest route to Wembley.... Cardiff, Sunderland, Portsmouth & Blackburn. At least United knocked out Man City and Tottenham. Deserved winners all round imo.

I wanted Villa to score first and United to go on to win, I wanted them to feel robbed just like we did @ Villa Park. Villa had all the luck in the semi final, I'm glad it went against them today. Cheating tw@ts my lord, cheating tw@ts

Moderm myth. Arsenal have hardly been free of guilt in thne past have they. Arsenal fans must have been weaned on the likes of Storey, Ure, Young, Lineghan, Adams, Bould and Keown they were all dirty bstards and latterly the likes of Vierra and Bergkamp were hardly shrinking violets were they? Bob Wilson broke George Bests leg with an atrocious lunge. btw Anybody rem Van Persie of Nelsen a coupls of years back in fron of the Darwen End JW lower?

Thats cos the red top readers want to do the same.

What came first the chicken or the egg TCO? :rock:

Yes, didn't he get sent off for that one? Also remember Van Persie feigning serious injury, being carted to the side of the pitch on a stretcher from whence he jumped up, and ran back onto the pitch like Lazarus rising from the dead :angry:

Yes, didn't he get sent off for that one? Also remember Van Persie feigning serious injury, being carted to the side of the pitch on a stretcher from whence he jumped up, and ran back onto the pitch like Lazarus rising from the dead :angry:

I remember Van Persie smashing the Stoke keeper (I think) last season in frustration as well.

Heard an Arsenal fan on the radio this morning trying to say that Stoke have similar resources to Arsenal, and therefore should be able to play football against them and not play a more physical style.

This idiot was saying Stoke should go out and scout the same players that Arsenal do, yet he fails to include the 25 million they spent of Arshavin and the 10 million they spent on 1 youth player in Eduardo, many more examples also.

Nobody wants to see people get injured, but that wasn’t malicious on Saturday, it was badly timed, but these things happen.

Remember Viera and Petite Wenger? and for me Bergkamp was the worst, he used to run his stoods down the calf in a cowardly manner, remember that Arsene?

As for Benitez he should look no further than Steve Me, the biggest diving cheating **** in the premiership now Ronaldo has gone. Styles of play are one thing, but out and out cheating are another.

Rant over.

Archived