BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parker takes home 65k a week, there's no way we could match that. Other clubs will, though.

Dyer also takes home 65k a week... what a joke.

Wow 65k a week - Imagine earning that :) Parker however really can do no more to actually earn that money and deserve it but Dyer WTF is goin on the surely you dont sign Dyer unless it pay per play deal lol...

I think Scott parker is too good for us and the like of villa, spurs, everton maybe even city would pip us however I agree I would love to see him here :)

I think Scott parker is too good for us and the like of villa, spurs, everton maybe even city would pip us however I agree I would love to see him here :)

No chance we would get Parker. We can't affor the wages. For my money he has Villa or Everton written all over him. Maybe Spurs but I think they will look for someone younger.

Our wage ceiling will be around 40k atm I think. We have too many players approaching that ceiling too I think - Robinson, Diouf, Chimbonda, Reid, Pedersen, Dunn (although he may be performance related now), Roberts, maybe Kalinic, Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Grella, Salgado, Givet will all be 30k+. I shudder in particular to think what Chimbonda and Salgado are on.

I would imagine given his employment history and that he was under contract when we bought that there is a decent chance Chimbonda is the highest wage earner at the club.

I'm sure if it suits both parties they'd sweep that one under the rug - and scapegoat Savage somehow! Think Hughes needs to get a job like this - similar to Rovers situation I suppose, just to get his career back on track. It can't look good statistically having spent over £200m and not breaking the top four at City so I doubt he'll be able to look at clubs bigger than the likes of Wham.

From Sparky's perspective a job like Brum where there is money to spend and a relatively cheap squad on the up is a much more promising situation than West Ham who are floudering and have a number of millstones round their neck. So much is unclear about the situation at Upton Park you would have to be crazy to take it. Makes a job like Rovers look quite attractive.

I think Hughes will end up at a bigger club like Newcastle or something when they let go of their current manager.

The Liverpool job will probably come up in the summer too, as Benetiz might finally leave and go to Juve.

And Arsene will only have 12 months on his contract remaining too, so you never know who might come calling for him (Madrid maybe)

As for Scott Parker - I doubt he will get £65k a week anywhere else, its over most clubs wage budget and he will have to drop to at least 50k to get a move.

I think you have got that one wrong. I didn't forecast West Ham going into administration- with a liquidator effectively owning the club they were either going to be sold or broken up. Unlike Pompey there were always serious buyers who could resue the situation around at West Ham.

Before they were owned by the liquidator, someone asked you what you thought would happen - you said they would either go into admin or out of business. I then responded that being a London club, they would be sold and saved.

I'm in Germany at the moment and have just seen the Argentinian goal. A ridiculous decision by the German keeper who ran out to about 35 - 40 yards out to try to tackle an Argentinian and completely cocked it up. Best of it was there was a German defender right there with the Argie. Good finish though. If I were a German, I'd be worried...

Before they were owned by the liquidator, someone asked you what you thought would happen - you said they would either go into admin or out of business. I then responded that being a London club, they would be sold and saved.

Philip-------you're at it again!! Another member superficially reading your posts?!!!!! :rolleyes:

"We could easily have shown a profit, but we wouldn't have [Michael] Turner, [Darren] Bent, [Lee] Cattermole or [Lorik] Cana. We have a situation now where we have a great chance of going forward."

They have 7 points less than us right now to show for those signings. When you're 14th in March you really need to go forward.

Sunderland are, without a doubt, the biggest underachievers in the Premier League over the last two seasons. With the money they've spent, they should be looking at top six, yet they're fighting a relegation battle.

£9m for Craig Gordan...

Sunderland are, without a doubt, the biggest underachievers in the Premier League over the last two seasons. With the money they've spent, they should be looking at top six, yet they're fighting a relegation battle.

£9m for Craig Gordan...

Dontcha wish your keeper was Craig Gordon, dontcha?

Archived