Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Rovers not playing this week, the Villa forum was like home from home:

warnock caught napping on that second goal
Again, he does it almost every week.
At times like this, my doubts start to raise over O'Neill where he picks a totally inept team.
Guttless long ball team, what the ##### was MON thinking
###### disgracful, MON you want ###### shagging It couldnt be any more obvious its not working what are you waiting for?
###### pathetic hit & hope bullshit
###### predictable, dire bullshit. Really dreadful. Half the team haven't turned up. Downing, Heskey, Cuellar and Warnock all terrible. Average at best from the others. Sort it the (Please don't use that word again) out, this is totally unacceptable.

And they won 4-2. :)

Is it any surprise when Villa have Heskey AND Carew up front?

Post of the year will be a close run thing between this and Trev's "I can't see Man City ever scoring" just before they stuck 4 past Chelsea!

Post of the year will be a close run thing between this and Trev's "I can't see Man City ever scoring" just before they stuck 4 past Chelsea!

I was criticising the partnership, not Carew himself. Anyone who's seen them play together, along with the first half of the Reading game, will know what I'm talking about. But they did shut me up in the second half. :)

Remember a few on here saying they did not rate Donovan, he looks decent.

He hadn't yet shown the mentality for succeeding in Europe and I didn't think he had the game for England.

Fair play to Moyes for playing a formation that takes best advantage of him and Piennar on the wings.

Rumor is going around that Chelsea are looking to pay 10 million for him to replace Joe Cole (rumor of him to United), but Everton is a better fit.

Make that 2-2.

Reading losing the plot.

No Reading didnt lose the plot, O'Neills half time talk would be this, the next goal dictates the game, if they get it its game over, we must go at them hard and quickly and if we get the goal, we are in the ascendency and they are on the back foot! simple team talk but thats what happens in games!

I reckon just about all the big clubs in Europe would be sniffing aroudn the likes of Cole, Deco, Ballack and Gallas. It will be interesting to see where they end up. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them remain in the Premier League by switching to other top four clubs.

I reckon it'll be two from Burnley, Wolves and Hull joining Pompey in the Championship next season. I can't call the relegation scrap exciting though - and certainly not more than the title race - because none of these teams actually seem capable of a win or deserving of their place in the league. Whichever of these teams survives, it won't be because they deserve to, but because the other teams in the scrap are utterly useless.

West Ham and Bolton's battle for survival around six years ago - now that was exciting.

Why would Chelsea waste £10m on Donovan when they have a better player in Cole?

Chelsea seem to have a very aggressive expansion strategy in the States. ChelseaTV is heavily advertised and they tour there every year.

It could be part of that approach - Donovan is the highest profile American player so it would have a big impact and garner the club a lot of fans.

I wouldn't like to call the two other teams who will get relegated. It's more interesting than the title race!

It has been for years. Same with the promotion play offs. The press and media are only just starting to cotton on to that fact.

So is donavon staying on for longer than originally planned? Isn't this pretty much what he blasted beckham for previously?

Beckham pushed for a loan move to AC Milan in January, and then extended it to the point that he missed half of the 2009 MLS season. That served as evidence that he does not care for the league, according to Donovan, who gave up his chance to play in Europe early in his career in order to stay at home.
"Let's say he does stay here for three more years," Donovan said. "I'm not going to spend the next three years of my life doing it this way. This is f****** miserable. I don't want to have football be this way."

He obviously didn't realise how much we pay over here!

Archived