BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do Wigan always get to be the heroes beating Chelsea and Liverpool while we haven't gotten a decent result against a top team in decades? Infuriating really.

They'll be most remembered in the 2009/10 season for losing 9-1 to Spurs...

Why do Wigan always get to be the heroes beating Chelsea and Liverpool while we haven't gotten a decent result against a top team in decades? Infuriating really.

Bloody good luck to them I say. And the fact that 5 Scousers were booked will no doubt tickle Big Sam.

Benitez has reaped what he sowed, the tosser

Guest Kamy100

Breaking news on Sky Sports: Pep Guardiola has announced after watching Liverpool tonight he sees the future of Barca's football style in Liverpool. He feels that copying Liverpool's style is the blue print for clubs all around Europe to follow!

Breaking news on Sky Sports: Pep Guardiola has announced after watching Liverpool tonight he sees the future of Barca's football style in Liverpool. He feels that copying Liverpool's style is the blue print for clubs all around Europe to follow!

3 attempts on target away at Wigan - dont forget....they are going to win the league next season!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wanted us to go for James McCarthy in the summer and I'm even more gutted we didn't after watching him tonight, £1.2 million was an absolute bargain.

Glad to see Liverpool beaten though. I can't see them getting fourth place now.

• Backroom

The most annoying thing about the Wigan result is that we could have beaten Liverpool both times we played them... instead we got 1 point from both fixtures. Bit of a shame, as this season more than any other in recent memory Liverpool have really been there for the taking.

Tonight they had Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Benayoun, Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres all fit and playing plus Johnson and Aquilani on the bench (and making appearances). So what's Rafa's excuse now?

I hope they don't make the top four, but I didn't really want Wigan to win because it takes them three points closer to our points tally.

I wanted us to go for James McCarthy in the summer and I'm even more gutted we didn't after watching him tonight, £1.2 million was an absolute bargain.

Glad to see Liverpool beaten though. I can't see them getting fourth place now.

Good player McCarthy, but why would we want a player from a Mickey Mouse league. :rolleyes:

PS aren't Wigan 6 points beneath us, thats a bigger difference than a hot N cold striker.

Mr E wrote: Why do Wigan always get to be the heroes beating Chelsea and Liverpool while we haven't gotten a decent result against a top team in decades? Infuriating really.

actually after watching tonight's match it is easy to see why they got the result whereas we didn't they have a clinical goalscorer in Rodallega we have a striker who will fail at chelsea and be loaned out to a championship side as DiSanto is no where near Prem. standard as said before I don't think L'pool will get that 4th place if they play like this till the end of the year.

DE4life wrote: The most annoying thing about the Wigan result is that we could have beaten Liverpool both times we played them... instead we got 1 point from both fixtures. Bit of a shame, as this season more than any other in recent memory Liverpool have really been there for the taking.

you have hit the nail on the head there with regards to the away game we should have drawn it but if you take that game out of the equasion the game at ewood before xmas we should easily have taken 3 points we did everything right defended superbly against L'pool at Ewood all we needed was a goalscorer and to be fair if we had someone like Dindane/Rodallega I am convinced we would have won that game and would have been a better xmas and will go as far to say when DiSanto goes back to Chelsea he will fail there and will be loaned out to a championship side and have to say what a waste of 6 months wages extending his deal and as for paying 7m for him you are having a laugh he is not fit to lace McCarthy's boots!.

rant over

jesus, even more negativity. liverpool deservedly lost and wigan got further away from burnley. i'm quite pleased.

things are relatively positive for rovers, even though we have a tricky run in and if burnley lose their next two matches (stoke who play the way they can't deal with and wolves which will could go either way with it being such an important game against a team who have played fairly decently recently) then burnley will be 4 points off safety, even if those around them lose their games. and their run in after that is not great. certainly not good enough to get 4 points and then whatever the others get.

lighten up.

quote the fat Spanish waiter after the 9th loss of the season

'We didn't play well, especially in the first half. We didn't show attitude. It was clear that we gave the ball away too often and too easily, especially in the first half.

'We're not happy. We have to show more character if we want to be in the top four.

I thought Gerrard showed his true character by abusing the ref!

ha ha ha

Give SA a call, he will put it right for you, NOT!

:lol:

Typically the graceless fat oaf scuttled off down the tunnel with out shaking his opponent's hand. Perhaps he was in a hurry to despatch a tape of the game to Barcelona.

As an aside perhaps Brian Reade's next column should address the issue of Liverpool supporters standing en masse behind the goal at Wigan.

Typically the graceless fat oaf scuttled off down the tunnel with out shaking his opponent's hand. Perhaps he was in a hurry to despatch a tape of the game to Barcelona.

As an aside perhaps Brian Reade's next column should address the issue of Liverpool supporters standing en masse behind the goal at Wigan.

It was the safest place, no attempts on goal!

:D

To be fair, after the last World Cup, Bruce Arena was the one saying that Donovan owed it to the US team to go play in Europe against a better quality opposition to improve his game....

To be fair, after the last World Cup, Bruce Arena was the one saying that Donovan owed it to the US team to go play in Europe against a better quality opposition to improve his game....

12 months ago, he personnally attacked Beckham for asking for the same. How can he now do it himself?, we were chatting about this the other day and we all said he can't ask, because of that. But it would seem he has, so what does that say about him.

The press will have a field day with him if he stays, they most likely will anyway because he's asked to stay. Yes playing here will improve his game, but pride and principles for me are more important.

Archived