BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Hmm, they've nicked Barry from Villa, Santa Cruz from us, maybe Lescott from the Toffees. Looks like to me they're weakening the teams who could possibly challenge them for Europe, by going after their better players. :unsure: Although that would depend on who Rovers and co spend with the Citeh cash.

Bit like we did when we signed shearer

DUNCAN!!!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC Gossip & Transfers page:

2225 BST:Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian tells Argentine radio station Radio Del Plata that his client is "evaluating proposals" from Manchester City, Chelsea and "one other team" - with a decision to be made in the next 10 days.

Does the three club rule still apply when the fibber in question can't even be bothered to make up a name? :D

SSN reporting that Stoke are in talks with West Hame over Dean Ashton, Stoke must be looking to give their physio's some more work.

Ashton is from the North West so I can see why this may attract him, maybe the lifestyle down in the big smoke doesn't suit him.

On his day, IMO, he is one of the best English strikers around and a fit Ashton would be a very good replacement for Santa Cruz.

Ashton's a great player and would walk into our team if fit, but that's the problem, he's hardly ever been fit since he came to the premiership. West Ham may accept a knock down price of say 5m or so which could potentially be a good deal but I don't think we can risk that on someone who has such a record of long term injuries.

If he goes to Stoke then by sods law he'll probably stay fit all season!

Not sure if this is definitely Other Prem or not, it certainly sounds like one or two of ours. From Popbitch this week:

This Premier League star has had a cruel run

with injuries. But don't feel too sorry for

him, feel sorry for the club that's paid his

wages. The previous season was also injury-hit

but the star needed his contract renewed. He

knew his injury wouldn't hold up to

much scrutiny from the medical team so he

developed an illness which meant he had to

stay away from training just about every other

day. He trained, got a bit hurt, but then

spent the next day at home with his leg in

an ice bath, keeping the swelling down. He

just about got through the medical, was

awarded a new contract and then rather promptly

broke down injured again.

Anyone like to have a stab at the identity? Michael Johnson springs to mind.

Apparently we are very close to signing Kevin Doyle :angry2:

Depends on price. I remember him playing in a 3-3 draw at Ewood (last game of the season in 2008 I think) and he was very good. I'm surprised at his lack of impact at Championship level but don't know how fit he's been or how many games he's played. He's got to be better than Bobby Zee ;)

Archived