BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown needed to be sacked 10 games ago. Now's too late to be making changes. They're down.

I wouldnt be sure about that....Get a good manager in and he should get a reaction and save them. They have a good run-in.

Portsmouth v Hull

Hull v Fulham

Stoke v Hull

Hull v Burnley

Birmingham v Hull

Hull v Sunderland

Wigan v Hull

Hull v Liverpool

Over Jenas?

Id take Milner, Young, SWP, Lennon, Johnson, Dunn - maybe even Matty Taylor over JENAS. :unsure:

Id even take Andrews....ooops no I wouldnt! :P

I think you've missed the point of my post. I'd take Beckham (who has torn his achiles tendon) over Jenas (who is fully fit)...

I heard the other day about Bullard and Barmby having a fight in public or something? Don't suppose you can tell me a bit more about that one, Nicko?

Brown needed to be sacked 10 games ago. Now's too late to be making changes. They're down.

It was an over-sensationalised story which most of the papers got wrong anyway.

The players were not training in a park. They'd been to training, then went for a warm-down under the Humber bridge (there's a little wood/forest type park area under the bridge) then the argument happened in the carpark of the Country Park Inn. Bullard pulled out of a LOT of tackles against Everton and was very poor - he wasn't even involved. It was 10 vs 11 from the start. Barmby is passionate about the club, being a local lad, and he called Bullard lazy and questioned his commitment to the club (in a non-direct way - it's often reported, rumours of Bullard out drinking - maybe a fan said something to Barmby about it? people are supposedly always spotting Bullard in The Weir, Pozition nightclub and at The Sesh - local indie night). Bullard took offence, pushed Barmby, Barmby put him in a headlock, they were parted and a load of shouting happened - thats about it.

Jenas fully fit !!!????

OK, I don't know much about his levels of fitness, but you get the point I was making!

It was an over-sensationalised story which most of the papers got wrong anyway.

The players were not training in a park. They'd been to training, then went for a warm-down under the Humber bridge (there's a little wood/forest type park area under the bridge) then the argument happened in the carpark of the Country Park Inn. Bullard pulled out of a LOT of tackles against Everton and was very poor - he wasn't even involved. It was 10 vs 11 from the start. Barmby is passionate about the club, being a local lad, and he called Bullard lazy and questioned his commitment to the club (in a non-direct way - it's often reported, rumours of Bullard out drinking - maybe a fan said something to Barmby about it? people are supposedly always spotting Bullard in The Weir, Pozition nightclub and at The Sesh - local indie night). Bullard took offence, pushed Barmby, Barmby put him in a headlock, they were parted and a load of shouting happened - thats about it.

Cheers for that. Still, in-fighting isn't what they need sitting 19th in the table.

Put him a headlock?! Why? Could he not get him in a full nelson?

To be fair Hughesy you have absolutely no evidence to say that we budgetted for 13th. John Williams has never come out and said the position we have budgetted for and 13th is pur speculation.

I might be wrong but I think it is in the Annual Report.

The Everton defeat did him in...they were chatting up other bosses last week...he only got to take the Arsenal game because no-one wanted it at the time.

Horton in charge for now. But they will try for a 'name.'

Are you sure???

Pearson has just ruled Curbishley out, saying he's not on the 'shortlist' and also said "all candidates know the Hull City squad inside out".

Surely that points to either; Horton, Windass or McLaren?

Absolutely no chance with McClaren, he's far too good for Hull. Horton or Windass sounds about right. Sounds like they're going to 'do a Burnley' and appoint a no mark who will guarantee relegation.

Curbishley, if they could have persuaded him there, would have probably been the best man possible.

Absolutely no chance with McClaren, he's far too good for Hull. Horton or Windass sounds about right. Sounds like they're going to 'do a Burnley' and appoint a no mark who will guarantee relegation.

Curbishley, if they could have persuaded him there, would have probably been the best man possible.

Yes, but McLaren has links to the club. He knows the squad inside out because he goes to watch Hull City whenever FC Twente don't have a game. He supports the club, his 2 sons are season ticket holders as is his father in-law, he started his playing career at the club and also advised the club to sign Jan Venegoor of Hesselink who was training with Twente, but didn't have the money to sign him.

Curbishley has never left his M25 bubble has he?

Are you sure???

Pearson has just ruled Curbishley out, saying he's not on the 'shortlist' and also said "all candidates know the Hull City squad inside out".

Curbishley would not commit...which is a poor start for a would-be manager.

Jewell is a no.

The manager at the top of the wanted list [this hour at least] does know the Premier League very well.

So does the alternative choice.

It's just whether either want to come for the rest of the season...

Eh?

Beckham is still England's most creative force and he has saved English blushes for the last ten years time and time again. He is also far and above the best leader and England are a much better team when he is on the field through his grit and determination and a touch of class thrown in.

England are much weaker without Beckham on the plane.

I wasnt going to respond to this thread again but this post is ridiculous. Beckham offers nothing other then dead ball skills. Most creative force???? You have got to be joking!? He has done very little since '01/'02 for England and for the past 4/5 years has only got in through reputation. Grit and determination is great but that doesnt make you good enough for an England shirt. If Beckham's presence in SA prevented the likes of Milner/Lennon/J. Cole from getting on the pitch then im glad he's not going.

Dont get me wrong, its terrible for him and nobody should have their international career ended that way, but he, in my opinion has offered very very little to England on the pitch during the past half a decade or so. There are better players in the England team who deserve a shot ahead of Beckham by a long long way.

Totally wrong.

He also delivers from wide positions. (I think he set two goals up very recently).

Picture the scene, England trailing with about 20 minutes to go Crouch and Rooney up front, Walcott/Lennon/Swp (delete as appropriate) ineffectual due to the opposition dropping deep. Who do you want to come on and deliver some balls into the box (a plan B in other word)?

Even now there is nobody better. Which is exactly why he was in the squad. I'm pretty gutted to be honest.

Curbishley would not commit...which is a poor start for a would-be manager.

Jewell is a no.

The manager at the top of the wanted list [this hour at least] does know the Premier League very well.

So does the alternative choice.

It's just whether either want to come for the rest of the season...

All the money seems to be going on Megson :blink: and Dowie! :blink::wacko:

Are the top 2 on this list?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hull-specials/next-permanent-manager

Pearson said there is 5 candidates.

Knows the Prem well? one of;

Megson, Dowie, Hughes, Souness, Keegan, Hoddle, Venables, Reid???

but also a 'name' Sven? :lol:

Anyone would think the world has stopped spinning, judging by the media reaction.

It would certainly have wobbled on it's axis if it had been Rooney!

btw I heard somebody bought Stanley Matthews old boots recently. I'm hoping that they give em to Rooney between now and May to keep those metatarcels intact. The rest of him seems indestructable at the moment.

Totally wrong.

He also delivers from wide positions. (I think he set two goals up very recently).

Picture the scene, England trailing with about 20 minutes to go Crouch and Rooney up front, Walcott/Lennon/Swp (delete as appropriate) ineffectual due to the opposition dropping deep. Who do you want to come on and deliver some balls into the box (a plan B in other word)?

Even now there is nobody better. Which is exactly why he was in the squad. I'm pretty gutted to be honest.

You saying that Lampard/Gerrard/Milner cannot take a decent free kick???? Beckham isnt the only free kick taker from these shores. Im not denying that his delivery is good, but a) We have other (as mentioned) players who regularly provide world class service to top strikers and b ) You cannot just pick a player because he can strike a dead ball.

He cant run, he cant defend and he doesnt have the mobility to be creative in open play. Is Beckham a bad player? no. Does he offer anything to this England side? no. Lennon/Johnson/A.Cole are far far bigger worries. Beckham was a side show, a show which im glad isnt going to arrive in SA. We dont need him and for many fans this is the time to accept that.

I read a statistic that he either scored or assisted 33% of our goals over the last 5 tournaments.

Easy to replace then.....

When he came on on Wednesday he created more in his 20 minutes than anybody else over the whole 90 (how did Inzaghi not score?).

Milner/Young/Bentley/SWP/Walcott are all good young players.

Which country has ever won a world cup with kids? Experience counts in big tournaments, which is why Italy won last time.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan but not good enough for a place in the England SQUAD? Deluded.....

Archived