BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Absolutely no chance with McClaren, he's far too good for Hull. Horton or Windass sounds about right. Sounds like they're going to 'do a Burnley' and appoint a no mark who will guarantee relegation.

Curbishley, if they could have persuaded him there, would have probably been the best man possible.

imo Best man for em would be either Woy or Big Sam.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who?

Arsenal bench-warmer Walcott.

Manchester City's sulking Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Or Spurs crock Aaron Lennon.

Beckham may actually be a big loss come the summer.

Joe Cole can do a great job anywhere along the midfield, Ashley Young and imo from his recent appearences forgotten man Bentley is at the very least on a par with Beckham. Beckham has a huge dollop of heart and the supremely professional spirit associated with all the class of 93 at MU but in all honesty he is past it now.

His right foot is still very good, excellent even I suppose, but the rest of his game has slid quite a way from it's peak. He never did know how to tackle, dribble, head, sprint or kick it with his left foot anyway so even if fit he'd be too old to learn now.

I guess he'd still walk into your team of sweaty socks though..... injured or not! :P

Eh?

Beckham is still England's most creative force

If that were true I'd be absolutely devastated tonight. But it isn't so I'm not.

btw I heard somebody bought Stanley Matthews old boots recently. I'm hoping that they give em to Rooney between now and May to keep those metatarcels intact. The rest of him seems indestructable at the moment.

Agreed. He's an absolute pleasure to watch at the moment, even in United red. If England win the World Cup it'll be in no small part thanks to the work a certain Scotsman has done to make Rooney the finest player on the planet right now.

I read a statistic that he either scored or assisted 33% of our goals over the last 5 tournaments.

Easy to replace then.....

When he came on on Wednesday he created more in his 20 minutes than anybody else over the whole 90 (how did Inzaghi not score?).

Milner/Young/Bentley/SWP/Walcott are all good young players.

Which country has ever won a world cup with kids? Experience counts in big tournaments, which is why Italy won last time.

Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan but not good enough for a place in the England SQUAD? Deluded.....

Man Utd was 7 years ago, how does that have any effect on Beckham today? Likewise Madrid? You cannot go completely off reputation. He used to play for Madrid 4 years ago therefore he must be good enough for England now... What kind of argument is that??? A deluded argument perhaps?

If you want experience then i presume you'd like to see Sol Campbell back in the side?? Because if experienced players are more important then having 'kids' in the team then surely we shouldnt just stop at Beckham. Personally, i just thought that Lampard, James, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Terry, Rooney, J.Cole, A.Cole, Crouch, Walcott, etc had all had decent experience at international level, but if thats not enough then lets get Shearer, Lineker, Hurst back out there. Im sure they'd do ok from a dead ball aswell.

Joe Cole can do a great job anywhere along the midfield, Ashley Young and imo from his recent appearences forgotten man Bentley is at the very least on a par with Beckham. Beckham has a huge dollop of heart and the supremely professional spirit associated with all the class of 93 at MU but in all honesty he is past it now.

His right foot is still very good, excellent even I suppose, but the rest of his game has slid quite a way from it's peak. He never did know how to tackle, dribble, head, sprint or kick it with his left foot anyway so even if fit he'd be too old to learn now.

I guess he'd still walk into your team of sweaty socks though..... injured or not! :P

Cole doesn't even play for Chelsea...in his left-side position.

Bentley is just another Beckham wannabe who never lived up to the hype.

The fact is that none of the impersonators are anywhere near the chap.

Milner will get the job because he is adaptable and Capello loves him.

But Beckham is a loss. You can't beat experience.

He's not good enough to make a difference on the pitch, that overrides experience. By that logic you'd want the likes of Sol Campbell in the team as well. Milner is a vastly superior player to Beckham now and would deserve his place in the first team.

Man Utd was 7 years ago, how does that have any effect on Beckham today? Likewise Madrid? You cannot go completely off reputation. He used to play for Madrid 4 years ago therefore he must be good enough for England now... What kind of argument is that??? A deluded argument perhaps?

If you want experience then i presume you'd like to see Sol Campbell back in the side?? Because if experienced players are more important then having 'kids' in the team then surely we shouldnt just stop at Beckham. Personally, i just thought that Lampard, James, Gerrard, Ferdinand, Terry, Rooney, J.Cole, A.Cole, Crouch, Walcott, etc had all had decent experience at international level, but if thats not enough then lets get Shearer, Lineker, Hurst back out there. Im sure they'd do ok from a dead ball aswell.

Because he is just "ok" from a dead ball.

I don't go completely off reputation. Nor do I presume do AC Milan or Fabio Capello.

Who?

Arsenal bench-warmer Walcott.

Manchester City's sulking Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Or Spurs crock Aaron Lennon.

Beckham may actually be a big loss come the summer.

Beckham will be a loss - but it does give an opportunity for somebody else to come in and make a name for themselves, though I agree with you, WHO.

Two players who are absolutely on the top of their game at the moment and luvvin it are Milner and Rooney. They are in the frame of mind to 'make things happen'.

Football is about opinions Alan and I can tell you in this case mine is right. Joe Cole is our most talented midfield player in whichever position. He is the only one with the ability to step up a gear at international level. The fact that you deem him a left winger is daft. He only plays there for England cos shamefully no one else can.

As far as Chelsea are concerned he's up against displacing top international players who I'm sure Capello would love to be English. I couldn't see any of our midfielders (Gerrard, Beckham, SWP, Young, Bentley) even close to playing in that Chelsea team. Barry might play deep and Milner possibly but if the rest came on the market tomorrow I don't think Chelsea would be interested.

To be fair Hughesy you have absolutely no evidence to say that we budgetted for 13th. John Williams has never come out and said the position we have budgetted for and 13th is pur speculation.

To be honest I also recall JW coming out and saying we had budgetted for a cetain league position - Hughesy may be right with 13th. But a position was mentioned - as it was realistic at the time - until Ince cocked it up..

The Everton defeat did him in...they were chatting up other bosses last week...he only got to take the Arsenal game because no-one wanted it at the time.

Horton in charge for now. But they will try for a 'name.'

Who were these Nicko?

All the money seems to be going on Megson :blink: and Dowie! :blink::wacko:

Are the top 2 on this list?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/hull-specials/next-permanent-manager

Pearson said there is 5 candidates.

Knows the Prem well? one of;

Megson, Dowie, Hughes, Souness, Keegan, Hoddle, Venables, Reid???

but also a 'name' Sven? :lol:

You have forgot big Sam. Hull want somebody who knows how to battle and fight in the relegation zone - that is their main aim and concern. Sam came to Rovers will a task of keeping Rovers up - did he not have until the end of the season last season? So maybe he could be prepared to go to Hull to try to do the same.

Because he is just "ok" from a dead ball.

I don't go completely off reputation. Nor do I presume do AC Milan or Fabio Capello.

Have you seen AC Milan recently? Ancient side playing in a league which is on a downward spiral and is about to be rated behind the Bundesliga. Beckham wasnt first choice for them either.

Id rather have a sulking Wright-Philips, a bench warming Walcott, a high flying Milner and an alternative in Joe Cole to having Beckham in the squad.

Have you seen AC Milan recently? Ancient side playing in a league which is on a downward spiral and is about to be rated behind the Bundesliga. Beckham wasnt first choice for them either.

Id rather have a sulking Wright-Philips, a bench warming Walcott, a high flying Milner and an alternative in Joe Cole to having Beckham in the squad.

Have I seen AC Milan recently?

They are second in the league, 1 point behind Inter. I would hardly consider that a crisis.

It isn't as good as it used to be but it is hardly a mickey mouse league is it?

I'm glad that is what you would rather, because that is what you will be getting.

Shame for Beckham but I wonder if he could still make a recovery in time? He's going to have the best medical care and treatment money can buy and with his determination and desire to play, is there any hope?

He may still go to South Africa in another capacity as I think the BBC will ask him to be a pundit.

Archived