BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Two players who are absolutely on the top of their game at the moment and luvvin it are Milner and Rooney. They are in the frame of mind to 'make things happen'.

Football is about opinions Alan and I can tell you in this case mine is right. Joe Cole is our most talented midfield player in whichever position. He is the only one with the ability to step up a gear at international level. The fact that you deem him a left winger is daft. He only plays there for England cos shamefully no one else can.

As far as Chelsea are concerned he's up against displacing top international players who I'm sure Capello would love to be English. I couldn't see any of our midfielders (Gerrard, Beckham, SWP, Young, Bentley) even close to playing in that Chelsea team. Barry might play deep and Milner possibly but if the rest came on the market tomorrow I don't think Chelsea would be interested.

Cole has been on the fringes at Chelsea since his injury. He doesn't have another gear any more.

Milner will get the shout for the 'right wing' slot if there is one.

SWP is going backwards and Chris Waddle is right on Theo.

Bentley needs to kick his own backside for blowing the chance to make the position his.

Say what you like about Beckham, but he has kept his standards up for longer than any of the other imposters. He deserves respect.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere but did anyone see Gerrard's forearm smash on Michael Brown tonight? He got away with the two finger salute at the ref recently and no doubt he will again.

He's a diver and a thug. I really hope they throw the book at him but I know they won't. I hate the scouse b*****d.

Can players be booked/sent off/penalised for showing the V's? Nasri was showing the V's at the crowd at the KC the other night and did it quite a few times.

Unsporting behaviour ? Dissent if its directed towards the referee both cautionable but to the crowd maybe a quiet word.

Bolton creeping up on us after 3 good results recently. Doesn't seem 2 minutes since he was being mocked on here for making the wrong decision!

Managers either have what it takes or they don't. For my money Coyle is absolutely outstanding and Bolton will be a difficult team for us next season.

Bentley is at the very least on a par with Beckham.

Agree with that. If for some reason Bentley does make it to the World Cup this year, he's got one heck of a voodoo doll collection - Lennon getting injured has allowed him to show his worth again and Beckham's injury opening up a RM spot on the squad.

Sorry if its been mentioned elsewhere but did anyone see Gerrard's forearm smash on Michael Brown tonight? He got away with the two finger salute at the ref recently and no doubt he will again.

He's a diver and a thug. I really hope they throw the book at him but I know they won't. I hate the scouse b*****d.

2r20kch.gif

34hbd77.gif

I see a couple of the papers are running with Hughes being the manager Hull want, I can't see him going there really, he seems to have a very high opinion of himself from what I've seen of him.

Looks like that Cairney lad has already been tapped up by one of the bigger clubs as well.

Cole has been on the fringes at Chelsea since his injury. He doesn't have another gear any more.

Milner will get the shout for the 'right wing' slot if there is one.

SWP is going backwards and Chris Waddle is right on Theo.

Bentley needs to kick his own backside for blowing the chance to make the position his.

Say what you like about Beckham, but he has kept his standards up for longer than any of the other imposters. He deserves respect.

Exactly. He is still consistent at the highest level which is a lot better then you can say about the rest. SWP, Lennon, Milner, Bentley etc run hot and cold on form and none of them will worry the top defences in the world.

@drog - Who is better for creative play in the England team then Beckham? Rooney is having a stellar year but you can't have him everywhere at once. They are going to need someone up front to score goals.

Indefensible and especially so for yesterdays man. But what the hey? It's World Cup in a few months so he'll get away with it no probs.

Gerrard is untouchable much like Bryan Robson in the eighties. Another gutless ref I'm afraid. We cant moan too long or loud though after N'Zonzi's WWF smackdown.

Shame for Beckham but I wonder if he could still make a recovery in time? He's going to have the best medical care and treatment money can buy and with his determination and desire to play, is there any hope?

He may still go to South Africa in another capacity as I think the BBC will ask him to be a pundit.

You mean we'd have to listen to that squeaky little voice? No thanks. Rather have him on the pitch where I only have to hear his name than in the studio, and since I don't want to see him on the pitch at all you can tell how much I rate his chances as a pundit. The last time I saw Beckham play for England was in Paris, when Bentley was playing out of his skin and, it being a friendly, should have got his chance to show what he could do. Instead we had to endure Beckham wandering about somewhere behind the right back for most of the game looking totally lost. The French fans we were sitting amongst couldn't believe it was him.

Disgraceful behaviour from Gerrard, the FA need to get on top of this lad pretty quickly.

Extremely poor refereeing from Stuart Attwell.

the more players we lose through injury from our World Cup squad though, the less likely it is that Gerrard will get a ban. Although actually if the FA thought it through, they'd be banning more of our players just to give them a little rest and minimise their chances of injury. I know there's a difficult balance between being match fit and being overplayed, but a nice little 2 or 3 match ban would do some players good in terms of their freshness!

I see Beckham is still going to the world cup!! Guess he has a role to play regardless of what some think of him footballing wise, says a lot when a man like Capello creates a space for you.

Hopefully people will now stop saying he offers nothing and realise that he's a lot more than most think.

Mark Hughes has got until this afternoon to take Hull job.

If not it could be Iain Dowie which is the managerial equivalent of the last dance at the disco.

Avram Grant an interesting option...

and the chances of Hughes taking it are .......?

I see Beckham is still going to the world cup!! Guess he has a role to play regardless of what some think of him footballing wise, says a lot when a man like Capello creates a space for you.

Hopefully people will now stop saying he offers nothing and realise that he's a lot more than most think.

and his inclusion would have nothing to do with marketing opportunities and the fact that the South Africans are desperate to have the most famous footballer in the world, although why he is I've never understood, at their tournament in any capacity. If we didn't take him, they'd probably get him in and fawn all over him anyway.

and the chances of Hughes taking it are .......?

I would have said slim to non-existent.

But Hull have been into his ribs for a week now - and still believe they have a chance.

Why would you sack Brown for Dowie? They need to take a breath.

Mark hughes to Hull - Surely not.... I can't imagine that saying that what other job opportunities are there?? In the prem? maybe west ham in the summer, sunderland if they drop closer to relegation (Even though bruce is a geordie and seems to have turned it around a lil) so maybe he may take this...

Still i would be extremely shocked at this and thought that this was in the bag for coppell. :(

Beckham - Must offer england something extra the way Capello is making space for him etc couldn't agree more.

and his inclusion would have nothing to do with marketing opportunities and the fact that the South Africans are desperate to have the most famous footballer in the world, although why he is I've never understood, at their tournament in any capacity. If we didn't take him, they'd probably get him in and fawn all over him anyway.

Capello has always shown that he is his own man, I do not for one second believe that he would invite Beckham along just for some marketing.

I would have said slim to non-existent.

But Hull have been into his ribs for a week now - and still believe they have a chance.

Why would you sack Brown for Dowie? They need to take a breath.

I suddenly feel the urge to ask the question, regardless of probability... IF Big Sam were to leave anytime soon, and Hughes was out of a job at the time... any chance at all he'd come back? To quote the great Danko Jones; "I love the smell of burning bridges".

Archived