BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Capello has always shown that he is his own man, I do not for one second believe that he would invite Beckham along just for some marketing.

Previously i too would have said that but he continues to pick players regardless of form, when he previously said he wouldn't, so the cynical part of me wonders. Surely if we've learnt one thing from Sven's time with England it's that you don't pin your hopes on players coming back from injury or on potential. You pick the guys who are fit and playing well at the time. Then and only then, if you think they can add anything, do you add in past it players who are recovering from injury or young players who might or might not benefit from the experience.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard is untouchable much like Bryan Robson in the eighties. Another gutless ref I'm afraid. We cant moan too long or loud though after N'Zonzi's WWF smackdown.

I've already commented on that. imo Lucas was on a wind up and trying to get him booked or worse by leaning back and holding onto N'Zonzi. I'd not be suprised to find he was prob pulling the age old stunt of nipping the skin at the back of his upper arm too which hurts like hell.

I think mitigating circumstances have to be that Gerrard did it to Michael Brown - there aren't too many midfielders more deserving of a smack than him. Dirty, nasty piece of work is Brown.

Still, give him a ban - keep Liverpool away from 4th and guard Gerrard against burnout for South Africa.

Next Year NZonzi - please do this to Gerrard!! Scouse n0bhead!

Just been on 606 thread about Gerrard, I can't beleive there are scousers saying it was Browns fault for putting his arm across gerrad. After watching the replay, he did put his arm across but it was never more then chest height. IMO after getting away with swearing and sticking 2 fingers up at the ref, the FA have to do something now.

Hull is potentially a very big club (big city, with plans to extend the stadium) - however id still be quite suprised if Sparky took it.

If they appoint Coppell or Dowie then I think they will go down.

I can see Hughes taking it if he is promised sustained investment over four or five years. 10m a season for transfers and a large wage budget or something like that. However I am not sure Hull can afford it.

If they don't have cash sparky will stay away I am sure.

Just been on 606 thread about Gerrard, I can't beleive there are scousers saying it was Browns fault for putting his arm across gerrad.

Suprised they havent arranged a march to protest about it yet, or a campaign to free Stevie G or Rafa from critiscm! :P

Hull is potentially a very big club (big city, with plans to extend the stadium) - however id still be quite suprised if Sparky took it.

If they appoint Coppell or Dowie then I think they will go down.

It's a League town and it isn't that big. It's potentially a decent sized Prem team.

Hull City only want a manager for the next nine games. It's not about forward planning, geography or anything else.

Survival.

Money.

Hear it will be Dowie with Steve Wigley and Tim Flowers for back-up.

Ah well, that's another team down.

Hull City only want a manager for the next nine games.

What a stupid route to take, that's going to put most good managers off and just leave the desperate ones willing to take it.

If they do want to protect themselves if they go down, they could have at least offered a 9 game contract with a guaranteed extra year if they avoid relegation.

It's a League town and it isn't that big. It's potentially a decent sized Prem team.

Both rugby clubs attendances joined together don't even meet that of the attendances at the football. Just because the city has two Super League clubs and because they were well reported on due to their pedigree in the 1980s, everyone seems to lumber Hull as a town similar to Wigan, when infact it's the 11th biggest city in England.

...not to mention there isn't another Prem club within 100 miles and the city is surrounded by the East Riding which contains 900,000 people.

What a stupid route to take, that's going to put most good managers off and just leave the desperate ones willing to take it.

If they do want to protect themselves if they go down, they could have at least offered a 9 game contract with a guaranteed extra year if they avoid relegation.

What I don't get is Brown is on 'gardening leave'. If Dowie can't keep the club up, Brown has a year left on his contract. Do the club expect him to come and manage in the CCC as if nothing has happened?

Brown is just a hatchet man, not a footballer.

Still didn't deserve to be forearm smashed. Gerrard is getting away with more and more every week. He won't get away with this behaviour in the WC, the FA need to pull him back under control.

Both rugby clubs attendances joined together don't even meet that of the attendances at the football. Just because the city has two Super League clubs and because they were well reported on due to their pedigree in the 1980s, everyone seems to lumber Hull as a town similar to Wigan, when infact it's the 11th biggest city in England.

...not to mention there isn't another Prem club within 100 miles and the city is surrounded by the East Riding which contains 900,000 people.

What I don't get is Brown is on 'gardening leave'. If Dowie can't keep the club up, Brown has a year left on his contract. Do the club expect him to come and manage in the CCC as if nothing has happened?

Dean Windass on the Yorkshire and Lincs version of late kick off suggested that while Brown is on gardening leave he'll get paid his normal salary. If they sack him with over a year to run on his contract they will have to pay compensation. Could be it's cheaper to put him on gardening leave till he gets another job than sack him outright.

Still didn't deserve to be forearm smashed. Gerrard is getting away with more and more every week. He won't get away with this behaviour in the WC, the FA need to pull him back under control.

Its about time Mr Capello warned him about the example he sets. If Barton had done that last night then it would be all over the tv & press, Gerrard does it and its 'The FA might look into it'.

Its about time Mr Capello warned him about the example he sets. If Barton had done that last night then it would be all over the tv & press, Gerrard does it and its 'The FA might look into it'.

Part of the problem is this "you can't do anything if the ref says he's seen it and it's been dealt with". The ref clearly saw something becuase he spoke to gerrard so unless they go against their own rules, what can the FA actually do?

Part of the problem is this "you can't do anything if the ref says he's seen it and it's been dealt with". The ref clearly saw something becuase he spoke to gerrard so unless they go against their own rules, what can the FA actually do?

The FA can ask the ref to review it because he didnt book Gerrard for it. Now it will probably be up to the ref, which given the usual big club bias he will probably get away with it...

The FA can ask the ref to review it because he didnt book Gerrard for it. Now it will probably be up to the ref, which given the usual big club bias he will probably get away with it...

Precisely my point. the ref will say he saw it and dealt with it and that'll be it.

I've already commented on that. imo Lucas was on a wind up and trying to get him booked or worse by leaning back and holding onto N'Zonzi. I'd not be suprised to find he was prob pulling the age old stunt of nipping the skin at the back of his upper arm too which hurts like hell.

Sounds like the sort of thing Dennis Wise would've done.

Change the rules.

I lived there for 3 years, I know exactly what it's like. It's League mad. The football crowds don't compare in terms of passion.

Exactly what I was thinking. If a Barton, Savage or Diouf type character had done either of the V sign at the ref or the Lex Luger forearm smash they'd have the book thrown at them - rules or no rules.

Gerrard is above the law. Probably had some of his gangster 'friends' warn the FA.

Archived