BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people here are elated with our "heroic efforts" of only losing 5-2 or 5-3 to Aston Villa, while Fulham go on and trash Juventus in the Europa Cup.

I mean, what else is there to say, besides that the lack of money and resources are not what set out limits, but our own negative (oh I'm sorry, I mean "realistic") mentality.

Well we have had some simlar heroic efforts ourselves over the years.

Hodgson has created an excellent team there but crucially he was given time and investment, and he has had some atrocious results too (went out of Carling Cup to Burnley last year) and the money spent at the club dwarfs our own outlay (13 million for Andy Johnson.....) Lets give Allardyce some of the same slack.

It is possible we will finish above them this season also.

ps. Fantastic effort by Fulham - they are my favourite London side. Nice club.

Some people here are elated with our "heroic efforts" of only losing 5-2 or 5-3 to Aston Villa, while Fulham go on and trash Juventus in the Europa Cup.

I mean, what else is there to say, besides that the lack of money and resources are not what set out limits, but our own negative (oh I'm sorry, I mean "realistic") mentality.

You talk rubbish, be quiet.

Congrats to Fulham, never saw that result coming.

Well we have had some simlar heroic efforts ourselves over the years.

Hodgson has created an excellent team there but crucially he was given time and investment, and he has had some atrocious results too (went out of Carling Cup to Burnley last year) and the money spent at the club dwarfs our own outlay (13 million for Andy Johnson.....) Lets give Allardyce some of the same slack.

It is possible we will finish above them this season also.

ps. Fantastic effort by Fulham - they are my favourite London side. Nice club.

Not since Hughes departed.

Probably worth pointing out that Martin Jol is in charge of Ajax, with a bigger budget and a more prestigious club, yet McClaren is outdoing him. I think Jol was mentioned by a few on here when Hughes left?

I visited the Amsterdam ArenA a few months back and sat in Jol's chair - big guy.

I'm surprised they haven't walked the Eredivisie this year after buying De Zeeuw and keeping Suarez. Though the atmosphere around the club seems really comfortable, maybe it rubs off onto the players, as you look at their squad and wonder how it isn't a 2 horse-race with PSV. Shows how well McLaren has done/is doing.

On another note, I just hate how slimey Sullivan and Gold are and how West Ham have people like Brooking and this Newham councillor. Totally disrespectful to athletics IMO, not to mention a tad sexist at the end. I hope it stays an athletics stadium, I dislike the thought of taxpayers money going on anything to help West Ham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/8574931.stm

What would McLaren's record have been like if he hadn't have had quite so much money to spend? He had a lucky run in the UEFA Cup, and when 'Boro met a team of genuine class, they got mullered. They might've finished mid-table while he was there, but I do seem to remember they had a fair few relegation battles while he was there, maybe they were strong finishers?

In any case, for all the money he spent, he didn't manage to fashion a particularly good team. It quickly became obvious he was out of his depth as England manager. His success at Twente is undeniable, perhaps continental coaching suits him? They don't have much money, so he's playing to his strengths as a coach, rather than as a manager. Let's not forget, he came to prominence because he did a very good job as assistant to Ferguson. This is probably where he picked up his daft habit of referring to players by their nicknames or first names.

My abiding memory will be of him stood on the touchline watching on helplessly in the rain as England got stuffed by Croatia.

You forgot to mention his brolly! That image is everybody's abiding memory. He is cursed with it till the day he dies.Like that mugshot of Moira Hindley, impossible to think of him any other way!

Congrats FFAN and Fulham - among them BH Riise who is from the same town as me.

I have to say I find absolutely disgraceful that some of our supporters have to talk ###### about our club as soon as they get the chance. Even when Fulham are winning in Europe - somebody is using that victory to talk ###### about ourselves?

I hope IF you dont have the perfect wife all the time that you talk her down whenever you get the chance ie your buddy getting a new girlfriend.

Congrats FFAN and Fulham - among them BH Riise who is from the same town as me.

I have to say I find absolutely disgraceful that some of our supporters have to talk ###### about our club as soon as they get the chance. Even when Fulham are winning in Europe - somebody is using that victory to talk ###### about ourselves?

I hope IF you dont have the perfect wife all the time that you talk her down whenever you get the chance ie your buddy getting a new girlfriend.

Yes good points. Congratulations to Fulham on a sensational victory is all that's required.

Great result and an an absolutely superb goal by Dempsey. He is a hell of a player.

Something has taken over Bobby Zamora's body too. He's crap, slow in both mind and pace and can't trap a wet sandbag but this season he is playing out of his skin.

Duff too must have changed his pills. He's everywhere on the pitch like the old days at Ewood but never seems to get hurt!

Woy must have made some pact with the Devil!

Yeah agreed - spoke to missus dad last night and he told me they were winning - I said 'yeah but it was 3-1 in the first leg'...then checked the score later and WOW! Well done, credit where its due.

Some very tasty teams still left in there though!

Nice to see you're still alive :lol:

Last time I wanted a club to make a come back like that (apart from Rovers) was Liverpool in 2005.

Really pleased for Woy last night and all the Fulham fans, I hope you make it to the final and smash the Scousers in Hamburg ;)

Archived