BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result and an an absolutely superb goal by Dempsey. He is a hell of a player.

Something has taken over Bobby Zamora's body too. He's crap, slow in both mind and pace and can't trap a wet sandbag but this season he is playing out of his skin.

Duff too must have changed his pills. He's everywhere on the pitch like the old days at Ewood but never seems to get hurt!

Woy must have made some pact with the Devil!

That USA game in the World Cup isn't going to be as easy as some believe. They've got a decent team.

Nice to see you're still alive :lol:

Last time I wanted a club to make a come back like that (apart from Rovers) was Liverpool in 2005.

Really pleased for Woy last night and all the Fulham fans, I hope you make it to the final and smash the Scousers in Hamburg ;)

Really? Liverpool?

I was sitting in a pub in Leeds in 2005, full of students all with LFC colours on (didn't hear a scouse accent all night by the way) I was gutted at the end. Just as I was in 1999.

Fulham yes, Liverpool and United? NEVER

Agree with Mattyblue. I would be very pleased for Roy and Fulham in general if they won Europa, I have no animosity towards them whatsoever (also live in Fulham for what it's worth).

On the other hand, I could never cheer for Liverpool, or any of the Big 3. I am hoping Fulham wins the Europa League and any non-English teams wins the Championship.

When it comes to Big 3 plus Liverpool my preference order is:

Man U

Chelsea (like Ancelotti but don't like the players and have too many Chelsea-supporting Aussie mates here in London)

Arsenal

Liverpool

That USA game in the World Cup isn't going to be as easy as some believe. They've got a decent team.

One reason we should be scouting MLS more than we do. Fulham hasn't done too badly for about 1.5 million pounds or so.

Thanks for all the lovely comments lads.

It really is appreciated.

Have to go lay down for a while.

Yeh, well done matey, that was some comeback. I'm really pleased for you and all at your club. Roy's really restored his reputation in his time at Fulham. Makes you wonder if we ( I include myself here ) hadn't have been quite so keen to get rid of him. Could be hard holding on to him if things carry on like this.

Yeh, well done matey, that was some comeback. I'm really pleased for you and all at your club. Roy's really restored his reputation in his time at Fulham. Makes you wonder if we ( I include myself here ) hadn't have been quite so keen to get rid of him. Could be hard holding on to him if things carry on like this.

Every manager finds a right time, right place scenario at least once in his life. Allardyce at Bolton, Hughes here, Souness here: it doesn't necessarily last, although like Ferguson's time at United or Wenger's at Arsenal it can. Think Hodgson has found one of his right man in the right place at the right time moments.

To be fair to him, Fulham isn't the only high watermark in his career.

No I know hence why I said one of his moments and everyone gets at least one. I'm not trying to belittle what he's done there, just to say that it wouldn't necessarily have happened if he'd staeyd here, if this job at that time wasn't right for him.

Really? Liverpool?

I was sitting in a pub in Leeds in 2005, full of students all with LFC colours on (didn't hear a scouse accent all night by the way) I was gutted at the end. Just as I was in 1999.

Fulham yes, Liverpool and United? NEVER

Mostly because I was there :lol:

Given that the rest of my family all support them I used to not mind them, however Benetiz and his loyal followers have made me really dislike them over the last few seasons.

At the time I too wanted Liverpool to get back into that game. Doesn't mean I like them - just as I wanted Fulham to go through the other night, but I still can't get over Sean Davies goal celebration at the Darwen end in the promotion season.

Getting a deja vu of how Wolves won at Spuds earlier this season. I think they are going to do Villa a real nasty this afternoon which if combined with a Hull win at Pompey could seriously reshape the way we are looking at the bottom of the league.

yeah, I think the Rovers job came a little too early for him. Real shame.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. He was an experienced coach before he came here and did great in his first season, finishing 6th and qualifying for the Uefa Cup. However, he badly invested Jack's money the following season, and once he lost the dressing room that was it.

Too early? As in, after Inter Milan?

He wasn't flexible enough at that stage to adapt his foreign coaching methods to the English game. Kevin Gallacher has said as much.

He was obviously very successful abroad before his spell at Ewood, but struggled to adapt to the Premiership. He had a very immediate positive effect, but this died off around about January time I think.

Ugly scenes at the DW stadium now, though, where home keeper Chris Kirkland appears to be struck on the head by a missile thrown from the Burnley fans behind his goal. Stewards get into action as a previously tepid afternoon becomes a bit more fiesty on and off the pitch.

Nice !

Archived