BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It once again proves how fickle the media has been this season. Apparently, Chelsea were in meltdown after going out of the CL and drawing with us. Yet they've thumped Pompey emphatically and are only a point behind United with a game in hand.

League is taking shape nicely.

• City look in trouble and if they miss out on 4th then Mancini could come under big pressure
  • Liverpool could be overhauled by Everton
  • Villa look like they might have fallen away again
  • 3 way title fight
  • 6 teams fighting out the 2 remaining relegation places
  • MOST IMPORTANT - Rovers are safe with 7 games to go

1. Because they should have been docked points. Tevez got most of em in that final few weeks remember. They prob kept quiet once some 'deal' was done but that was cos they knew they'd 'had a result' as I think you say down there.

2. Made a bad start with blowing 9m over 3 years on Benny Mac (whilst at the same time whingeing that footballers are overpaid) then didn't they?

Mick a word of advice.... you need to remember that no one can defend the indefencible. ;)

And one of us can't spell it.

1. Because they should have been docked points. Tevez got most of em in that final few weeks remember. They prob kept quiet once some 'deal' was done but that was cos they knew they'd 'had a result' as I think you say down there.

Mick a word of advice.... you need to remember that no one can defend the indefencible. ;)

Every West Ham fans knows we should have been docked points, it isn't our fault we weren't....

So you actually think that West Ham made some "deal" with the PL !? :D

There's nothing like a good conspiracy theory....

The fight for places & extra cash.........

rivals.gif

Didnt realise but Stoke & Fulhams game in hand is against each other

2 massive away games for us...somehow manage to take 2 wins, and looking at the other fixtures we could go level with Brum in 9th. Stoke & Fulham both also face title challengers on the last day - so hopefully it goes to the wire!

Also Fulham have the Europa League keeping them busy too....which in the end could help the other teams

Rovers should now concentrate on the following games;

Dingles

Pompy

Wolves

3 away games that in all reality we should be looking to win and complete healthy doubles.

Rovers, on the face of it, dont apear to be looking at points from the 3 remaining home games against Everton, manure and Arsenal - I say that looking at our midfield. All 3 teams will batter us senseless with the gaping hole in the middle caused by Andrews lack of footballing nouse. Villa away for the final game is a difficult one to call as they will either be looking forward to a wembley final or will be sulking having lost out to Chelsea.

Should Rovers manage a 9 point haul from the final 7 games I think that would be a reasonable return, anything else is a bonus.

Rovers, on the face of it, dont apear to be looking at points from the 3 remaining home games against Everton, manure and Arsenal - I say that looking at our midfield. All 3 teams will batter us senseless with the gaping hole in the middle caused by Andrews lack of footballing nouse. Villa away for the final game is a difficult one to call as they will either be looking forward to a wembley final or will be sulking having lost out to Chelsea.

Hang on.

It's no coincidence that only two teams have won at Ewood this season.

At home, we're obviously a very tough team to play, and I see we should be aiming to get 5 points from those three home games.

I totally understand where you're coming from, however, even as a 'half empty' kind of guy I think your statement is disregarding of the phenomenal effort and success that has gone into/come out of our home efforts this season.

Hang on.

It's no coincidence that only two teams have won at Ewood this season.

At home, we're obviously a very tough team to play, and I see we should be aiming to get 5 points from those three home games.

I totally understand where you're coming from, however, even as a 'half empty' kind of guy I think your statement is disregarding of the phenomenal effort and success that has gone into/come out of our home efforts this season.

I think the post was engineered more as an attempt to have a dig at Andrews than it was to make an actual point.

I say that mate because with the exception of Chelsea (and of course city and spuds, and maybe Villa) notone team has got adecent enough midfield that can upstage ours. In looking at both manure and arsenal, they will murder us entrally as will everton. That is the point I make.

We got chelsea at the right time, manur always are much stronger at the end of the season irrespective of whether they are in europe or not. Arsenal will not be playing their kids. Everton are on a roll and have arteta pulling the strings and he is a class and 3 more above anything we have.

THE ANDREWS POINT IS WON ONCE AND FOR ALL, IT IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION HE IS SHYTE, RUBBISH, CRUD AND WHATEVER ELS WE CAN LEVEL AT HIME. ITS NO LONGER A VALID DEBATE.

I say that mate because with the exception of Chelsea (and of course city and spuds, and maybe Villa) notone team has got adecent enough midfield that can upstage ours. In looking at both manure and arsenal, they will murder us entrally as will everton. That is the point I make.

We got chelsea at the right time, manur always are much stronger at the end of the season irrespective of whether they are in europe or not. Arsenal will not be playing their kids. Everton are on a roll and have arteta pulling the strings and he is a class and 3 more above anything we have.

THE ANDREWS POINT IS WON ONCE AND FOR ALL, IT IS NO LONGER UP FOR DISCUSSION HE IS SHYTE, RUBBISH, CRUD AND WHATEVER ELS WE CAN LEVEL AT HIME. ITS NO LONGER A VALID DEBATE.

You're right. Does it need paragraphs of over-exaggerated hyperbole after every match though?

Guess which club Phil Brown is 3/1 to be the next permanent manager according to one booky I have looked at? I'll give you a clue, his fake tan might cause the locals to throw their poo at him.

Paul Lambert is 4/1 to be the next Celtic manager, which is better than last nights score.

The fight for places & extra cash.........

Didnt realise but Stoke & Fulhams game in hand is against each other

2 massive away games for us...somehow manage to take 2 wins, and looking at the other fixtures we could go level with Brum in 9th. Stoke & Fulham both also face title challengers on the last day - so hopefully it goes to the wire!

Also Fulham have the Europa League keeping them busy too....which in the end could help the other teams

I have Rovers getting the same no. of points from remaining fixtures as Birmingham, so I don't see how we could go level. I think Fulham have a really good run. There are between 3 and 6 more points in their fixtures than Rovers, and are the only team realistically in the hunt at overhalling Birmingham's advantage.

Stoke have maybe 2 more points, and Sunderland 3 more points than Rovers in their fixtures, so it would seem to me likely that 11th, 12th and 13th will come down to either an unexpected draw against a big team or goal difference.

Archived