BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate sent me this, its taken from a Man City messageboard, their arrogance is outstanding.

We all know that City get an unfair amount of stick, always have really.

At the moment we are of course,ruining football. Its simply because we are a big club, with good attendances and have an owner with serious funding to play with that people dont like us.

After last night though I was wondering what the Wigan whinger would think of this idea. (Nice alliteration as well I thought ;-))

The Premiership is now devalued as both a sporting contest and a spectator attraction because too many small clubs, backed by wealthy owners have introduced a survive at all costs mentality.

There are now so many clubs out of their depth in the EPL that possibly as many as 25% of games are more or less decided before they begin.

Wolves starting 11 against Man U, Wigan time wasting in the first 5 minutes and throughout the game last night, Stoke doing little more than trying to get throw-ins, Bolton having specnt years bullying teams with better footballers.

Surely we want more from the 'best league in the world'?

The support of some of these clubs, both home and away is feeble and again goes against expectations of the best league in the world.

So perhaps people like Moz Jacksey (or whoever) at Wolves should be a bit more embarrassed about the aim of 'surviving' in the premiership. Perhaps even allow a team like Leeds or one of the Sheffield clubs to take their place in the top division bringing with them the passion and support to give it a go?

I for one will be pleased to see the backs of Stoke, Hull, Wolves,Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn as they arent really trying are they?

Its not about money though.Its about going down fighting, and belief, and expectation but most of all its about every game meaning something and not simply chalking off half a dozen fixtures as un-winnable.

Its about at least trying your best.

Success isnt measured in surviving another season in order to bring in revenue its about proving that no matter how big the crowd, how wealthy the opposition or how crappy the weather the team have done their level best to win.

Success can be as intangible as how people remember your endeavours.

Can anyone think of anything Rovers have achieved in the Prem that City havn't?

That is one of the worst collection of sentences and paragraphs that I have ever had the misfortune to read. And there are far too many mistakes and contradictions for me to even begin to address.

• Backroom

That is one of the worst collection of sentences and paragraphs that I have ever had the misfortune to read. And there are far too many mistakes and contradictions for me to even begin to address.

The majority of Manchester City fans don't have a clue. They genuinely believe that they're now a "big" club in the bracket of Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan etc... just because an Arab wanted to play Football Manager in real life with them.

No matter what financial divide exists between a club like us and Man City, they'll never have the history that we have, and that's something money can't buy.

Fabregas suffers Broken leg against Barcelona according to ssn

So there are vicious thugs in Spain too? :rolleyes: Obviously feel sorry for him and for Arsenal, they have been unlucky but the word is "unlucky" not "attacked".

• Backroom

It was ridiculous that Fabregas was even on the pitch after suffering his injury. He didn't touch the ball and the Barca players were paying him no attention as he was visibly crocked. Wenger should not have allowed him back onto the pitch - whether he wanted to go back on or not. Barca had a player sent off anyway to it would have been 10 vs 10 regardless.

They have Silva, Mata, Cazorla, Pablo, Pedro, Iniesta, Navas, Capel, Alonso, Senna, Xavi and more to choose from in midfield as well as Fabregas, so many top midfielders

Much like Brazil though, Spain do jack else all in the sporting world. They should have a good football team.

Much like Brazil though, Spain do jack else all in the sporting world. They should have a good football team.

Basketball, Nadal, European handball, Motor Sport, Alberto Contador, Volleyball and they are not bad at golf either......

Wham are considering complaining about Fulham's selection at Hull on Saturday.

No doubt Sir Trev's nose will be very very brown by the weekend. :rolleyes:

BUT

The season WHU stayed up through Tevez's goal (and of course much ducking and diving by the above) earning them an unlikely 3 points in the last match of the season at OT weren't Utd below strength? I seem to rem they were. Oh and Tevez won "Hammer of the year" then too. <_<

As an aside re: Fulham..... didn't some club have an issue when Fulham had some luck in a recent season when Liverpool fielded a weakened team at Craven Cottage? They really should know better.

Wham are considering complaining about Fulham's selection at Hull on Saturday.

3 players were 'rested'. Hodgson said Zamora had stomach cramps and Murphy had been managing a knock, so he only rested Duff.

West Ham are talking about Fulham fielding a weakened team, but Hull City had; Hunt, Zayatte, Gardner, Cooper, Zaki & Dawson all unavailable through injury and Folan and Mendy out with illness. If anybody had a weakened team, it was Hull City - I was at the game and it was simply down to which team wanted it more. Woy even admitted, had Zamora, Murphy and Duff being playing, he doubts the scoreline would have been any different.

I hope it backfires on the Spammers and Woy puts out a full-strength side against them.

Archived