BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've only scored five because we softened them up last week, so credit has to go to Allardyce for Burnley's hammering today.

Hahaha

This is beautiful lol

Puts our result into context doesnt it

• Backroom

I like Arsenal but the victim complex of their players is grating now, it seems to be a new rule that becuase they have had bad injuries you aren't allowed to tackle them.

The reaction of their players today got Henry sent off, no way he would have gone against most teams.

I like Arsenal but the victim complex of their players is grating now, it seems to be a new rule that becuase they have had bad injuries you aren't allowed to tackle them.

The reaction of their players today got Henry sent off, no way he would have gone against most teams.

Just as Wenger hoped.

From that article: "If I was tackling and saw that there was not a chance of getting to the ball cleanly, I would not make the tackle – and I don’t think there was a chance of him getting there"

Hmm. What's the first thing you get taught about what happens if you don't go into a tackle fully committed...?

There is this apparent belief encompassing everyone/everything at the Emirates, that the only physical games played in the Premier League, are when Arsenal are involved.

Football is a physical game, always has been and hopefully, always will be. Arsenal over the years have been as physical as any other team - it's just that Wenger now wants his sides to play a kind of football that is based solely on technique. Unfortunately, one dimensional teams can be upset more readily than teams such as Chelsea, who can mix things up when needed. Wengers only current answer to the physical game, is to put pressure on the referee by means of player overreaction, and use of the media. Yesterday's referee fell for it as well.

There is this apparent belief encompassing everyone/everything at the Emirates, that the only physical games played in the Premier League, are when Arsenal are involved.

Football is a physical game, always has been and hopefully, always will be. Arsenal over the years have been as physical as any other team - it's just that Wenger now wants his sides to play a kind of football that is based solely on technique. Unfortunately, one dimensional teams can be upset more readily than teams such as Chelsea, who can mix things up when needed. Wengers only current answer to the physical game, is to put pressure on the referee by means of player overreaction, and use of the media. Yesterday's referee fell for it as well.

Dead right Den, They'd like it if tackling was banned. After that heading would be next on their list because Bendtner apart they're crap at as well.

Archived