Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Almunia palms it out, then the sweetest volley I've seen in ages. Stunning

Agreed. Rose`s volley looked effortless. Great goal :tu:

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Rose`s volley looked effortless. Great goal :tu:

Game's been played at a hell of a pace aswell. Don't particularly like Spurs but I hate the Arsenal. Bunch of cheating pansies and that bloody Wenger; he 'never sees it', when he does it's always someone else to blame, or he's stood on the touchline palms outstretched as if no-one is allowed to be in the lead against them.

"Oh don't they play beautiful football" couldn't give a f**k, especially when you have players like Gallas sitting on the pitch at the end of a defeat whingeing then kicking the advertising hoardings.

Almunia palms it out, then the sweetest volley I've seen in ages. Stunning

All the better in 3D. A brilliant strike.

Triple save from Gomes comparable to Flowers on VE Day. World class.

Some of the best keeping I have seen in a long time. He didn't deserve to let one in tonight.

How good did Van Persie look during his little cameo though? Arsenal have done incredibly well this season considering the fact they've been utterly decimated by injuries.

I agree, Van Persie is quality, as is Fabrigas and Ramsey, with those thre (did Song play tonight?) they will be a real force next year

Right now they're missing Gallas, Vermaelen, Song, Fabregas, Ramsey, Arshavin, and Van Persie.

They've also been without Bendtner, Nasri, and Walcott for long spells. Anybody else I'm forgetting?

EDIT: oh yeah, Gibbs as well.

When you look at their squad, it's actually pretty formiddable with loads of options and huge depth.

But that's the thing, Van Persie is almost as important to Arsenal as Rooney is to United, Drogba to Chelsea, and Torres to Liverpool. I still don't think they'd have won the league, mainly because of the way they play, but it makes you wonder...

Also, Bendtner has scored something like 9 goals in his last 11 games (I think that's right), including some really important ones.

Na Fabregas is thier top player - i.e. United's Rooney, Chelsea's Drogba etc.

Van Persie is their 2nd best player id say.

Arsenal lack a top striker - if they splashed the cash on 1 top striker then they would win the league & get further in Europe.

IF Arsenal, keep the squad fit and together and sign an international class keeper and striker, it will be difficult to see past the honours all going to the Emirates next season irrespective of what the others spend.

Spurs were given an absolute roasting by Redknapp for what happened in the SF. City still in the driving seat for 4th but that battle for 4th between City and Spuds could give the Manc/Chelsea fight some twists looking at the remaining fixtures.

And what probability Liverpool fighting out the Europa final as their only chance of playing in Europe next season? If UEFA go all weak over Pompey's plea, could be quite high.

IF Arsenal, keep the squad fit and together and sign an international class keeper and striker, it will be difficult to see past the honours all going to the Emirates next season irrespective of what the others spend.

Are there any more belters to come this summer, or can this be you 2010 'Tour de Force' FAILURE of a prediction?

Did Song play last night?

If not, thats Song, Gallas, Fabrigas, Ramsey and VanPersie (just returning) missing, that is five real top quality players and three in the engine room plus one of the most dangerous strikers in the game, with those five available they would surely have got at least second place in the Prem!!

And I missed out Arshavin, bloody hell, Spurs did hit lucky there, no wonder they won one and I hate twitchy Arry anyway.

It would help them in a big way.....but can they keep the likes of Cesc for much longer without winning anything? Wont be long before Barca offer big, big money for him!

As for winning everything?! Cant see it with Chelsea, United & money men City around.

Archived