BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ended all of City's best attacks today single handedly apart from the Barry dive/trip. He should have kept the ball at the death in the corner instead of passing it across the field. He was their worst player by a mile today. City lost all shape in the centre when De Jong was subbed.

Not at all. It's easy to pass that sort of blame up to the player who gave the ball away, but the fact is that City were in a perfectly decent position to defend from there and he was going for the sort of ball that could have won the match. He gave the ball away and there were probably 9, possibly 10, City players behind the ball at that point. From there the ball was played to Obertan, who took his time before getting the ball out wide and then, after all of that, they still didn't pick Scholes up. Bellamy did well for City today. The only thing that gave them any threat was the pace of Tevez, Bellamy and Johnson and their ability to get forward at speed. He made a couple of mistakes with the ball, but generally caused United problems down the left for much of the game.

Arsenal back in contention? :o

Spuds getting 4th is marginally less worse than money bags City entering the CL. At least we can all be entertained by Gary Cook trying and failing to sign super-stars this summer.

The win by Everton at Ewood keeps the heat on Liverpool even qualifying for the Europa.

Don't think so. Chelsea will remain favourites. I can't see United dropping any points after today (although I've said similar things about Arsenal, Chelsea and United before this season) and so it will all come down to the game at Anfield.

and just to add to that anyway...even if Chelsea lose this and Arsenal win tomorrow the goal difference gap between the two means that Chelsea would have to lose and draw and that really would be beyond belief.

• Backroom

As much as I detest Spurs it will be hilarious if Chelsea blow it now and City lose out on 4th spot. I think City are banking on that 4th spot and Champions League football to attract big calibre players next season. Will serious amounts of £££ substitute for a season playing in the Europa League?

You have to seriously question John Terry's mind set at the moment, for a number of weeks he has been poor, to many off the field antics with himself and allegedly his father taking there toll maybe.

IMO he needs relieving of the captaincy for both club and country.

Talking to Liverpool fans earlier in the week, they'd rather jepordise their chances for Europe and let Chelsea win against them, than United win the league! :unsure:

You mean like they did against Rovers a few years back?

Its a two horse race now well and truly. Dont forget United play Spurs which could be a banana skin.

I hope City dont finish 4th or they will destroy the transfer market.

True but Chelsea have to go to Liverpool!!

Arsenal are only 3 off if they win tomorrow & they have an easier run-in....

As for 4th - I too hope Spurs get it, then it will allow them to push on abit further and really challenge Liverpool next season, City will spend mega money no matter what!

Just a word about Celtic and their disappearing support...only 29,000 on today again!

The Celtic fans and the Rangers fans around here are all talking about how disillusioned they have become with watching the old firm teams - could be more opportunities to increase Rovers crowds next season.

One Celtic fan a season ticket holder for 35 years, is saying he aint renewing his ticket for next season, things must not be looking good north of the border.

Archived