BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

A lot of harsh criticism for Wenger here.

Arsenal have had their three best attacking players missing recently (Fabregas, Van Persie, Arshavin) and yesterday had their first choice defensive partnership missing (Gallas, Vermaelen), as well as their best defensive midfielder (Song).

That's like taking Drogba, Anelka/Malouda, Lampard, Essien, Terry and Carvalho out of Chelsea, or Rooney, Fletcher, Vidic, Ferdinand (I can't think who their other best two attackers would be!) out of Utd.

Isn't that the point of being a top side - Strength in depth? Chelsea coped very well when they lost a whole bunch of players to the African Nations. The players Wenger has signed for the first team AND in reserve have not been good enough. It's not like anyone is criticizing him for one, two, or three seasons of barren success. It's over five years since they won a single trophy. That's not good enough for a club of their size.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Fergie would like David Moyes to succeed him at OT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2359781.ece

I said on here that when Moyes left Preston that his intention would be to succeed Ferguson. A promising lower keague manager who needed to transfer his performance to a team in the Prem. He's done that.

If you want to read the whole Pompey horror story, Here is the document itself courtesy the Guardian.

Been going through that for hours. Never seen anything like it.

Do they actually OWN any of the players they have and what are they paying some.

Mind-boggling.

Paying fortunes every month to Udinese for Muntari - who they sold to Inter Milan - and Belhadj's club AND Dindane's club.

As for the wages...some players are down on the list twice and others, who have been sold, are still seemingly being paid huge chunks.

Absolutely outrageous.

It is a long time since I last read a document which left me almost incapable of taking the contents in.

I don't know where to start. The end is a massive massive hit for anyone and everyone associated with Pompey now.

The BBC very inadequately try to explain.

That near £3m for Diarra's agent should silence the folks still beating up on Rovers for not signing him. Pompey were splashing it about in inconceivable ways- no way could Rovers have competed nor SHOULD THEY HAVE.

If West Ham beat Wigan at the weekend then id say thats it over at the bottom for Hull & Dingles.

Going off the comments last night - looks like Hull will be in big trouble if they lose the premier league cash - a wage bill of £40m already! :o

I see Pompey's appeal to play in the Europa League next season has rightly been squashed.

Liverpool can now squeak in in 7th whilst Everton will be hoping they can squeeze into 7th making Liverpool dependent on winning the Europa to qualify next season.

Meantime Fulham are sitting pretty in the Fair Play spot.

Archived