BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Anyone watch Liverpool game? Must comment on the ref, probably the best one iv seen in a long time!

He did well, must say that was one of the scabbiest goals you'll ever see. Will be amazed if Liverpool dont blitz them at Anfield in the return leg.

Just seen the Fulham result looks like a great night ahead at the cottage hopefully this years Europa final will be between two prem teams.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone watch Liverpool game? Must comment on the ref, probably the best one iv seen in a long time!

If I hadn't fell asleep I might have noticed. Liverpool's style of play makes for boring matches, especially their away games.

It still really annoys me that Liverpool are aloud to play in Europe. You get knocked out of the competition that your in and that should be it.

Any spare places should be given to the next team in the league.

I quite like the link between the two, but it should work both ways. The winners/finalists should get a place in the next seasons Champions league.

Why? They wouldn't be Champions. There are already way to many teans in the Champions league now imo majiball. It's tedious and dull.

Why? They wouldn't be Champions. There are already way to many teans in the Champions league now imo majiball. It's tedious and dull.

2nd, 3rd and 4th are hardly Champions, at least this way you would actually have to win something to get it. They'll never change the 3rd place group stage entry into the UEFA as they feel the bigger teams that enter add more money into their coffers through TV and the such.

I don't disagree that its no longer the champions league, but if I had my way 1st and 2nd, would qualify along with the league cup winners and the FA cup winners. All the UEFA places would then go into the league positions. Trouble is by cutting the number of team UEFA would lose out on millions and because of that the numbers will not change, sad but true. But with the clubs having so much power now (IE G14) you wouldn't even get it off the ground.

I'd far rather see a balance so that teams outside of the mega rich have a chance as all it does it make the rich, richer and the in-balance bigger.

I think Europe is working out well. The Champs league is very competitive & the Europa seems to be getting stronger & stronger each year!

Just a shame its so difficult to get into - however its not impossible for clubs like ours. This season The top 7 will be in Europe (8 if Liverpool win it) + possibly Fulham for Fair play....

I was told that even if Liverpool win it there wont be another spot given to the league.

The pompey spot goes to the league. Its Englands spot.

If Liverpool win it - they get the champions spot

Cant see how they can do it any other way!?

I'm sure I read on the BBC yesterday that UEFA places will go down to 8th place if Liverpool win. So I would guess that's:

5th automatic

6th Man Utd's League Cup place

7th Europa Champions

8th Pompey's FA Cup place

Is that right?

The pompey spot goes to the league. Its Englands spot.

If Liverpool win it - they get the champions spot

Cant see how they can do it any other way!?

I am not sure how it works for the Europa cup. But didn't they say after the scoucers got in the champions league through the back door when they won it?. There would be no more places made available and that they would come out of the countries allocation?.Fulham win it Scoucers finish 8 no problems.

I'm sure I read on the BBC yesterday that UEFA places will go down to 8th place if Liverpool win. So I would guess that's:

5th automatic

6th Man Utd's League Cup place

7th Europa Champions

8th Pompey's FA Cup place

Is that right?

I have been speaking with a Toffee who is a 110% sure that there is no 8th spot no matter what the beeb said.

He is usually right about this kind of thing too.

Only time will tell who is correct I guess :huh:

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but it is heavily reported that a certain Premiership footballer has knocked up a 16year old whilst his wife has been having an affair with a certain Championship player, mods can I reveal the names?

Someone already mentioned the name earlier, not sure if it's been removed or not, certainly an interesting one if it turns out to be true, much worse than one of his team mates recent scandals if it turns out to be.

Archived