BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard O'neill to pool and Hughes to villa, Hughes would be mental to take the poison chalice that is Newcastle and surely hughton has earnt a crack at the premiership, again.

That'd be amazing if that happpened.

Hughton might have earned a crack at the Prem but that doesn't mean he will be good enough to be honest.

Hughton will be out by the end of August, unless Newcastle are challenging the top four.

Top four????? Come on lets get serious, they'll win the league next season.

That'd be amazing if that happpened.

Hughton might have earned a crack at the Prem but that doesn't mean he will be good enough to be honest.

He didn't exactly do well last time out, so I'd be surprised if he cut the mustard second time of asking. The delusional fans will be calling for his head after 5-7 games thinking they should be top 10 or some such. Realistically they should be grateful to just stay up next season.

I've heard O'neill to pool and Hughes to villa, Hughes would be mental to take the poison chalice that is Newcastle and surely hughton has earnt a crack at the premiership, again.

Fun fact: When Pontus Kåmark played for Leicester under O'Neill he regularly didn't give any team talks, Brian Clough-style! No tactics what so ever, just gave the players the starting 11 and then an "OK, go out there and play boys!". I wonder if he has changed, and if not how that style would go down at Liverpool...

I heard the same thing that O'Neill is set to leave because of the lack of investment. Villa have approach the Hughes unoffical but doesnt want to talk unless O'Neill leaves.

Newcastle want a director of football again at the club again. Learn from before unless it somebody like Terry Venables. Got a lot of experience and knowledge of the game.

I heard the same thing that O'Neill is set to leave because of the lack of investment. Villa have approach the Hughes unoffical but doesnt want to talk unless O'Neill leaves.

Newcastle want a director of football again at the club again. Learn from before unless it somebody like Terry Venables. Got a lot of experience and knowledge of the game.

"lack of Investment"?!!!! How much does he want?

Apparently Rafael Van Der Vaart has been offered to Liverpool.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24042010/58/premier-league-paper-round-reds-want-vaart.html

Unless another foreign billionaire with a death wish comes in then that only looks like happening in a player swap deal...... who could Madrid possibly want from that shower that Benitez has accumulated? ^_^

Fun fact: When Pontus Kåmark played for Leicester under O'Neill he regularly didn't give any team talks, Brian Clough-style! No tactics what so ever, just gave the players the starting 11 and then an "OK, go out there and play boys!". I wonder if he has changed, and if not how that style would go down at Liverpool...

I think we've seen how that pans out at Anfield pretty well over the past few seasons... :blink:

• Backroom

Appalling decision to give Villa a penalty in the derby, shades of Henning Berg vs United at Ewood

The liner must have been able to see he got the ball so why not go over to him

• Backroom

You'd be fuming if you were a brum fan, the ref gives a penalty that never was and then Villa waste time in injury time and the ball goes out for a Brum corner and the ref blows for full time.

I thought Sky had it right at the time: Not a penalty, he got the ball, but from the refs angle, it was hard to see that. Don't think it was a dive, though, as the follow-through definitely got Gabby.

I thought Sky had it right at the time: Not a penalty, he got the ball, but from the refs angle, it was hard to see that. Don't think it was a dive, though, as the follow-through definitely got Gabby.

Yes it wasn't the penalty I was talking about where Gobby dived, but an incident nearer the end trying to waste some more time. The penalty itself wasn't a dive as such but it was a mistake from the officials.

Didn't see O'Neil after the game, what did he say? Don't like that little git either!

To be fair there are very few teams that I even find tolerable now in the premiership either due to friendly rivalries as a child or just loathing current players and/or managers.

Everton, Fulham, Stoke, Wolves are about the few exceptions, oh and Rovers of course before anyone calls me up on it :P

How on earth was that a penalty for Chelsea? The Chelsea player was already being dragged back well outside the box before he decided to go down just inside the area.

Combined with the two-footed lunge to score the second, which ended in Sorensen being stretchered off, and other recent events, it really makes you think that Chelsea are being given an unfair advantage by referees.

With Rovers now guaranteed 13th spot (barring a 10 goal swing from Bolton) yesterdays cock ups with formations and substitutions has cost Rovers £2m in prize money emphasised as Fulham draw with Everton ans Stoke get a battering at Chelski.

If SA had had the balls to stick with positive football Rovers would be 2 points better off and even with Arsenal next I would still have fancied us to take another point from our last 2 games.

Combined with the two-footed lunge to score the second, which ended in Sorensen being stretchered off, and other recent events, it really makes you think that Chelsea are being given an unfair advantage by referees.

Pretty sure if that'd been Roberts then things might have been different

1) goal disallowed + yellow, possible red

2) Sky going on and on and on about it.

Bet cousin Jamie is impartial at half-time too <_<

Archived