BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

With Rovers now guaranteed 13th spot (barring a 10 goal swing from Bolton) yesterdays cock ups with formations and substitutions has cost Rovers £2m in prize money emphasised as Fulham draw with Everton ans Stoke get a battering at Chelski.

If SA had had the balls to stick with positive football Rovers would be 2 points better off and even with Arsenal next I would still have fancied us to take another point from our last 2 games.

fulhams what what at everton now? :P

good result if it remains

With Rovers now guaranteed 13th spot (barring a 10 goal swing from Bolton) yesterdays cock ups with formations and substitutions has cost Rovers £2m in prize money emphasised as Fulham draw with Everton ans Stoke get a battering at Chelski.

If SA had had the balls to stick with positive football Rovers would be 2 points better off and even with Arsenal next I would still have fancied us to take another point from our last 2 games.

Couldn't you even wait for the final whistle to blow to get in a dig at Sam?

Easy to say we'd have won if we continued to be positive, who's to say they wouldn't have scored twice and cause us to lose the game, nobody knows what might have happened, that's football. Still had chances to win the game after the changes, finishing them was the problem.

Sam cost us two points yesteday, I don't think that's open to question really.

But you can't say he's cost us £2 million. He's made plenty of correct decisions over the course of the season that has put us in a position to finish above budget. He is going to make us money this year, not lose it, one isolated game doesn't decide a season.

I actually do think SA is the right man for The Job I was simply remarking, like many others that yesterday it was simply him making a mistake, not the forwards and that now that result and loss of 2 points are going to cost us big time, the evidence is in the placings and is going to be around £2m. that as we all agree is the difference in having ahalf decent midfieldefr and being stuck with a keith andrews.

its my point of view

In the meantime just how good does a cold can of lager feel and taste on a day like today ?

Combined with the two-footed lunge to score the second, which ended in Sorensen being stretchered off, and other recent events, it really makes you think that Chelsea are being given an unfair advantage by referees.

I didn't think the Kalou lunge was that bad to be honest. He didn't touch Sorenson and just went to put force behind the ball. Bad luck that Sorenson's arm snapped in 2 due to the force on the ball.

No way it was a penalty mind you.

I didn't think the Kalou lunge was that bad to be honest. He didn't touch Sorenson and just went to put force behind the ball. Bad luck that Sorenson's arm snapped in 2 due to the force on the ball.

No way it was a penalty mind you.

And the force behind the ball was generated by....? Yep, Kalou's two footed lunge. There's a reason that kind of 'tackling technique' is outlawed.

RTH got it right, insert any Rovers player's name for the lunge or even the fall for the penalty. I reckon the 'correct' decision would have been made...

I actually do think SA is the right man for The Job I was simply remarking, like many others that yesterday it was simply him making a mistake, not the forwards and that now that result and loss of 2 points are going to cost us big time, the evidence is in the placings and is going to be around £2m. that as we all agree is the difference in having ahalf decent midfieldefr and being stuck with a keith andrews.

its my point of view

In the meantime just how good does a cold can of lager feel and taste on a day like today ?

True, say whatever you want, you're a Rover, I'm a Rover, Dingles are down, it's sinking in more and more, I can't believe how happy I am! What's cheered me up even more is checking out some of the Dingles forums to hear them whine and blame it all on Coyle!!

• Backroom

Hull were not down regardless. They had a fighting chance. Under Dowie they gave up the fight.

They may well still have gone down but sacking Brown and spending a load of money unnecessarily...just to bring in Dowie?!?

Isn't Brown on gardening leave? In which case they're just paying for two managers instead of one, but have saved money on compensation to Brown at least. It seems pretty stupid considering Dowie is no better than Brown, but I assume saves them money in the long-run as Dowie will likely leave after this dismal spell of games anyway. The big money in Dowie's contract likely only comes into affect should he keep them up.

And obviously it's my opinion that Hull were going down regardless, but I'm not going to end every sentence with "in my opinion". Their team, from management to players, in comparison to West Ham and Wigan is inferior. Would have been an amazing achievement for them to stay up with that squad. It's not like they had a whole lot of fight under Brown, is it? You've even got players coming out yesterday twisting the knife by saying Brown had lost the dressing room.

Nice to see Stoke getting a good thumping today - 10th is still a real possibility if we can win next week!

Here's hoping you're right, Hughes. There's a guy I work with supports Sunderland. We have a bit of banter because I keep telling him Rovers are better than Sunderland.

My opinion is underpinned by the fact that Sunderland have NEVER finished above Rovers in the Premier League (they were even promoted from Division One - as was - the year we were relegated).

That record could be in doubt following our inability to beat Wolves yesterday...!

7-0 to Chelsea - that hurt the Stoke goal difference - here's hoping them & Fulham draw when they play each other!

Cheers Hughesy :P

Tottenham have the best chance of finishing fourth in my opinion.

And the title is Chelseas.

Cheers Hughesy :P

Tottenham have the best chance of finishing fourth in my opinion.

And the title is Chelseas.

I can see Chelsea losing against Liverpool and United clinching the title becoming England most winning team ever.

Oh the irony.

I can see Chelsea losing against Liverpool and United clinching the title becoming England most winning team ever.

Oh the irony.

I would love it if that happened.

The way I see it though is that Chelsea beat Liverpool and United lose against Sunderland.

Have to say ffan you have been outstanding in the UEFA cup....hope you go all the way and win it!

:tu:

Cheers. We really do appreciate all the lovely comments, so thanks lads.

I am so nervous about Thursday though.

Archived