BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Ian Dowie turned out to be an appalling appointment at Hull, Bullard was a bit of a waste of money as well.

There was a few posts I was wanting to reply to, but the multiquote thing is spazzing, haha. I'll just reply to what I read in them all.

The whole reason Dowie was appointed was a sheer gamble. Pearson saw the stats under Brown, suggested he wouldn't have picked up the required points, so took a gamble hoping a change in management may create a spark... it didn't.

I've been to every game this season at the KC and the refereeing in comparison to the Championship is appauling. Seeing the likes of Arsenal 'buy' fouls is terrible for football, yet these are the teams which get the most praise! The media's focus on smaller clubs in the league is appauling too. Soo many hypocrites like Lawrenson and Merson (who can't even pronounce footballers names, nevermind comment properly on a match!)who don't have a clue - I'd love to see them have a go at management, just to see them fall flat on their faces. Not enough credit is given to smaller/smaller-budgeted clubs in the Prem, as smaller clubs have to bust a gut financially just to compete. All the more reason that clubs like B'burn deserve more praise than they get.

Hull City will totally have to restructure now, but thankfully there are some very good youth players coming through, which IMO are Premier League quality and will allow the club to get rid of deadwood. Bullard will hopefully leave - waste of money and took the club for a ride. Spent way too much time in bars and clubs, leaving him disinterested on the field.

Who's to blame? the media seem to be sending all the flack in Dowie and Pearson's direction and partly towards Brown. The one man to blame is Paul Duffen. Sold Turner for £2.8 million and then paid £2million to Stoke to LOAN sonko for the season, on MORE wages than Turner was on! Not to mention he threw stupid wages at rubbish players - Paul McShane is rumoured to be on £30k a week!!! Duffen is a slimy Southern champagne-charlie who, if ever steps foot in Hull again will find himself in the Humber! Brown played a part by playing up to the media too much becoming billy-big-balls and falling out with too many players because of it, oh and buying rubbish players.

The worst part about relegation is seeing forums packed full of bitter Geordies from last season, saying how as Hull City are going back to the doldrums, they're going back to "where they belong" and "will soon be back in Europe". And they wonder why everyone thinks they're deluded? I hope to see Kalinic put a hat-trick past them next season, PLEASE!??

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. We really do appreciate all the lovely comments, so thanks lads.

I am so nervous about Thursday though.

You also have the manager of the season, by a mile.

We have the managerial version of a condom. Yeah it'll keep you safe but it's as boring as f**k

• Backroom

There was a few posts I was wanting to reply to, but the multiquote thing is spazzing, haha. I'll just reply to what I read in them all.

The whole reason Dowie was appointed was a sheer gamble. Pearson saw the stats under Brown, suggested he wouldn't have picked up the required points, so took a gamble hoping a change in management may create a spark... it didn't.

I've been to every game this season at the KC and the refereeing in comparison to the Championship is appauling. Seeing the likes of Arsenal 'buy' fouls is terrible for football, yet these are the teams which get the most praise! The media's focus on smaller clubs in the league is appauling too. Soo many hypocrites like Lawrenson and Merson (who can't even pronounce footballers names, nevermind comment properly on a match!)who don't have a clue - I'd love to see them have a go at management, just to see them fall flat on their faces. Not enough credit is given to smaller/smaller-budgeted clubs in the Prem, as smaller clubs have to bust a gut financially just to compete. All the more reason that clubs like B'burn deserve more praise than they get.

Hull City will totally have to restructure now, but thankfully there are some very good youth players coming through, which IMO are Premier League quality and will allow the club to get rid of deadwood. Bullard will hopefully leave - waste of money and took the club for a ride. Spent way too much time in bars and clubs, leaving him disinterested on the field.

Who's to blame? the media seem to be sending all the flack in Dowie and Pearson's direction and partly towards Brown. The one man to blame is Paul Duffen. Sold Turner for £2.8 million and then paid £2million to Stoke to LOAN sonko for the season, on MORE wages than Turner was on! Not to mention he threw stupid wages at rubbish players - Paul McShane is rumoured to be on £30k a week!!! Duffen is a slimy Southern champagne-charlie who, if ever steps foot in Hull again will find himself in the Humber! Brown played a part by playing up to the media too much becoming billy-big-balls and falling out with too many players because of it, oh and buying rubbish players.

The worst part about relegation is seeing forums packed full of bitter Geordies from last season, saying how as Hull City are going back to the doldrums, they're going back to "where they belong" and "will soon be back in Europe". And they wonder why everyone thinks they're deluded? I hope to see Kalinic put a hat-trick past them next season, PLEASE!??

When all is said and done I'm disappointed Hull have gone down, I like them for some reason.

Disappointed with Altidore as I thought he looked a real player in summer and fancied him for Rovers but he has proved to be the American Roberts from what I've seen, strong, capable but ultimately a bit of a donkey. Time is on his side though and would swap him with Jase given the chance.

Manager of the season has got to be Laws. But Hodgson has done a fantastic job at Fullham possible Europa cup final and mid table with a small squad. You have to feel sorry for them today Arteta should have been banned; he scores the penalty in Fergie time. But a good result for Rovers.

Not sure where to mention this, so why not.

PFA Premier League team of the season:

Hart;

Ivanovic, Dunne, Vermaelen, Evra;

Valencia, Fabregas, Fletcher, Milner;

Rooney, Drogba

Huh. Suprised Valencia is in there? Surely Lennon, Arshavin, Bellamy etc have all had better seasons? Also strange Fletcher is in there. Other better performers this season.

And obviously it's my opinion that Hull were going down regardless, but I'm not going to end every sentence with "in my opinion". Their team, from management to players, in comparison to West Ham and Wigan is inferior. Would have been an amazing achievement for them to stay up with that squad. It's not like they had a whole lot of fight under Brown, is it? You've even got players coming out yesterday twisting the knife by saying Brown had lost the dressing room.

The players are coming out with that stuff to try and save their own reputations after some spineless recent performances.

I don't particularly think that Brown would have saved them...they are a poor side which deserved to go down last year, never mind this. However, I don't think they would be relegated just yet under Brown nor would they have lost 4-1 at home to that shower down the road. Somehow Brown scraped the results at the right time...from the play-off win to just keeping them up...

It is not that I am sticking up for Brown. Just think it was daft to put him on gardening leave when all you have to bring in is Dowie. Ultimately, Brown had form in keeping a club in the Prem. Dowie had form relegating one...

My opinion is underpinned by the fact that Sunderland have NEVER finished above Rovers in the Premier League (they were even promoted from Division One - as was - the year we were relegated).

Doesn't that count as them finishing above us? They were a whole league above us!

Brown somehow kept them up last year. Dowie was last involved as a manager in the Prem when he took down Palace and his last experience of any kind was assistant manager at relegated Newcastle.

I can see the point in potting Brown for a gamble...but not if that gamble is bringing in Dowie.

Then again...I thought Burnley were down as well as soon as I heard who they were bringing in...

All I can say is WTF? :blink:

...if this is true then Paul Duffen deserves to be sued/locked up and/or shot!

corrected it for you ;)

The guy spent too much time trying to revel in any success he brought to the club, simply by covering over the cracks by spending more. He was idiotic with somebody elses money for the sake of his own image!

Id give that to Alex McLeish

Seconded. Possibly Woy as well, due to where Fulham are despite having soo many extra games to play, with such a small squad.

When all is said and done I'm disappointed Hull have gone down, I like them for some reason.

Disappointed with Altidore as I thought he looked a real player in summer and fancied him for Rovers but he has proved to be the American Roberts from what I've seen, strong, capable but ultimately a bit of a donkey. Time is on his side though and would swap him with Jase given the chance.

He is exactly that. Somewhere between Roberts and Heskey. For a young guy, he has an experienced head on his shoulders (barring youthful temper). Just look at his Twitter page to see how mature he actually is. I think he did well this season despite having family caught up in the Haiti disaster. Many fans are split on him. Personally I think he has a pedigree about him that, if a manger can get to click into place, getting him scoring goals, he'd be an all-round player, something more like Yakubu.

One off the wage bill??

West Brom are ready to offer a contract to Steven Reid, who is on loan at the Baggies from Blackburn.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Must say I agree totally with Bruce on this one:

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce claims striker Darren Bent should be in the England squad for the World Cup in South Africa this summer after scoring 25 goals for the Black Cats this season.

Oh dear, another club who wont be coming straight back up!

Relegated Hull will begin talks with banks to restructure their £35m debt in a bid to avoid administration and the subsequent 10-point penalty next season.

Yet somehow he can't get a go in the england team...

I rated him from my armchair all season .....until I watched him at Ewood.

Manager of the season has got to be Laws. But Hodgson has done a fantastic job at Fullham possible Europa cup final and mid table with a small squad. You have to feel sorry for them today Arteta should have been banned; he scores the penalty in Fergie time. But a good result for Rovers.

Good point and one which would have struck home better if Hodgson had said it.

Oh dear, another club who wont be coming straight back up!

Relegated Hull will begin talks with banks to restructure their £35m debt in a bid to avoid administration and the subsequent 10-point penalty next season.

One or two cheap players possibly?

One or two cheap players possibly?

Who is worth having though?

Myhill would be better as a number 2 than either Brown or Bunn.....

Geovanni? Altidore? Hunt?

Pearson's view on it.....(Who are the strikers? Altidore, JV Hesselink, Ghilas, Folan?)

We are spending £195,000 a week on strikers and got eight goals, it is just not good enough,” Pearson said. “If you are spending that kind of money on your strikers you have to expect more.

“But you look at what Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has out there in Kenwyne Jones, Darren Bent and Fraizer Campbell and his wage bill is £40 million, which is exactly the same as ours. But they have seven or eight young saleable assets. We don’t. We have players on long contracts, high wages and with no transfer value.”

Huh. Suprised Valencia is in there? Surely Lennon, Arshavin, Bellamy etc have all had better seasons? Also strange Fletcher is in there. Other better performers this season.

Valencia is quietly having a great season. Do find the Fletcher selection stranger.

Oh, and Hughesy, Altidore is on loan to Hull, so we can't buy him from them on the cheap...

Oh, and Hughesy, Altidore is on loan to Hull, so we can't buy him from them on the cheap...

Doh - who owns him then?

Not got very many saleable assets then have they!! Hunt, Bullard & Geovanni about the best they have to sell.... :rock:

Archived