BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I think Sandro is a midfielder.

Spurs have a huge squad already, they'll probably go for quality over quantity, and none of our players fit that bracket at their level.

Sandro is a defensive/holding midfielder. I expect he'll simply replace Palacios/Huddlestone depending on how they set their side up.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see... should I believe your incredulity or the Telegraph reporter? It's a tough one.

anyway you've already asked this and I've responded here..

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/21240-other-pl-happenings-200910/page__view__findpost__p__906033

One things for sure tcj if that list is correct they will not be able to offload the big useless earners nor likely have the funds to fight off suitors for the likes of Carlton Cole and Noble etc. There are some good quality and affordable players further down that list.

I asked where it was from and you didn't answer that in your post (which I missed anyway).

I don't believe those estimates can possibly be correct, that's my view - I don't care if he works for the Telegraph.

I agree on the point of offloding the highly paid wasters though.

There's just no way that list is accurate.

Of course there is. It isn't even all that shocking.

Immediately, I can point out Gabbidon, Dyer, and Boa Morte who simply cannot be right. I also have big reservations over Parker, Upson, and Cole earning that much. I'd also be surprised if McCarthy were on ust shy of £40k.

Why on earth would Benni being on just shy of 40k be surprising?

Of course there is. It isn't even all that shocking.

Why on earth would Benni being on just shy of 40k be surprising?

You're telling me that Dyer and Boa Morte being on £70k isn't shocking? In fact, I'd say Gabbidon on £50k is the most shocking.

Because Benni wouldn't have been earning that much here, moved on the back of two poor seasons, is in his 30s, and joined a West Ham side who are in the midst of seriously reigning in their salary expenditure. For two seasons now they've had a pretty cautious approach to the transfer market. I reckon Benni is earning a sizeable amount, but I'd be surprised if it were as much as £40k. According to that list, Diaminti is only on £30k, and he was something of a marquee signing.

I'd really like to hear Mick Brown's take on that list. I think it's been based largely on newspaper reports that have estimated wages at the time of transfers, in reports that often sensationalise the deals and simply add on 20% here and £30k there.

I'd really like to hear Mick Brown's take on that list. I think it's been based largely on newspaper reports that have estimated wages at the time of transfers, in reports that often sensationalise the deals and simply add on 20% here and £30k there.

The list is pretty accurate, another list was compiled by the telegraph and I think this one is more on the money with Gabbidon on £27K and Boa Morte on £31K.

Kieron Dyer – £83,000

Scott Parker - £60,000

Matthew Upson - £50,000

Benni McCarthy - £38,000

Julien Faubert - £34,000

Herita Ilunga - £33,000

Luis Boa Morte - £31,000

Carlton Cole - £30,000

Radoslav Kovac - £28,000

Valon Behrami - £28,000

Danny Gabbidon - £27,000

Alessandro Diamanti - £25,000

Robert Green - £23,000

Mark Noble - £23,000

Manuel Da Costa - £20,000

Jonathan Spector - £18,000

Guillermo Franco - £10,000

Freddie Sears - £8,500

James Tomkins - £5,000

Jack Collison - £4,000

Fabio Daprela - £3,000

Marek Stech - £2,000

Mido - £1,000

Peter Kurucz - £1,000

Junior Stanislas - £1,000

Zavon Hines - £1,000

The list highlights what a mess Curbs and Eggy left the club in and we will carry on paying for it for the next 2 years. Dyer's salary is unbelievable and more importantly obscene. Whoever his agent is I wish he was at my salary review......

I wouldn't say it's especially accurate. In fact, the discrepancies between the two are numerous, and some are huge: Boa Morte 40k, Gabbidon 23k, Dyer 13k (although, unblievably, that's an increase of 13k), and Cole 20k, for a start.

West Ham's wage bill is, no doubt, very large with some players paid huge individual salaries, but I don't put too much faith in these newspaper estimates.

I wouldn't say it's especially accurate. In fact, the discrepancies between the two are numerous, and some are huge: Boa Morte 40k, Gabbidon 23k, Dyer 13k (although, unblievably, that's an increase of 13k), and Cole 20k, for a start.

West Ham's wage bill is, no doubt, very large with some players paid huge individual salaries, but I don't put too much faith in these newspaper estimates.

Sullivan has come out and said the Telegraph list must have come from a past or current employee........

Sullivan has come out and said the Telegraph list must have come from a past or current employee........

Is that the first list quoted on the other page, or this list that you've just posted? I guess I'll have to admit to being wrong, but if it's the first list that's been confirmed as being accurate then I am shocked and absolutely dumbfounded.

Bryan, I phrased that wrong. My main point was that there were discrepancies between the two, despite them both supposedly being accurate. As such, I didn't put much faith in either, but would tend to believe that the second were the more accurate.

Is that the first list quoted on the other page, or this list that you've just posted? I guess I'll have to admit to being wrong, but if it's the first list that's been confirmed as being accurate then I am shocked and absolutely dumbfounded.

Bryan, I phrased that wrong. My main point was that there were discrepancies between the two, despite them both supposedly being accurate. As such, I didn't put much faith in either, but would tend to believe that the second were the more accurate.

His quote was in relation to the list I put up.

So Dyer will pick up approx £1.2 million between now and the start of next season. No wonder he's hardly played any football, he probably cant find his front door as it's hidden behind piles of gold and sullivan's masturbation money!!

His quote was in relation to the list I put up.

Fair dos, thanks for confirming that :)

So I guess that at least supports what I said about the first list being hugely inaccurate, though not necessarily to the extent I first believed.

The list is pretty accurate, another list was compiled by the telegraph and I think this one is more on the money with Gabbidon on £27K and Boa Morte on £31K.

Kieron Dyer – £83,000

Scott Parker - £60,000

Matthew Upson - £50,000

Benni McCarthy - £38,000

Julien Faubert - £34,000

Herita Ilunga - £33,000

Luis Boa Morte - £31,000

Carlton Cole - £30,000

Radoslav Kovac - £28,000

Valon Behrami - £28,000

Danny Gabbidon - £27,000

Alessandro Diamanti - £25,000

Robert Green - £23,000

Mark Noble - £23,000

Manuel Da Costa - £20,000

Jonathan Spector - £18,000

Guillermo Franco - £10,000

Freddie Sears - £8,500

James Tomkins - £5,000

Jack Collison - £4,000

Fabio Daprela - £3,000

Marek Stech - £2,000

Mido - £1,000

Peter Kurucz - £1,000

Junior Stanislas - £1,000

Zavon Hines - £1,000

The list highlights what a mess Curbs and Eggy left the club in and we will carry on paying for it for the next 2 years. Dyer's salary is unbelievable and more importantly obscene. Whoever his agent is I wish he was at my salary review......

That's crazy money, Mick. The Premier League's going to be the biggest South sea bubble ever one day. I'd like to see what we're paying some of our " stars ".

That's crazy money, Mick. The Premier League's going to be the biggest South sea bubble ever one day. I'd like to see what we're paying some of our " stars ".

The average salary on that list is £23k/w. And according to this Telegraph article, the average salary for a first team PL player is £28k/w. So based on these two, I'd say our average salary is pretty much the same as for WH. We probably don't have anyone on Dyer's money, but I guess we don't have as much "low" salaries as WH does.

The average salary on that list is £23k/w. And according to this Telegraph article, the average salary for a first team PL player is £28k/w. So based on these two, I'd say our average salary is pretty much the same as for WH. We probably don't have anyone on Dyer's money, but I guess we don't have as much "low" salaries as WH does.

Yeah but take out those few at the bottom who are playing for 1-5k and it changes alot - the likes of Mido are diluting the average pay.

Yeah but take out those few at the bottom who are playing for 1-5k and it changes alot - the likes of Mido are diluting the average pay.

If we'd take out those few at the bottom, then it wouldn't be an average anymore. We might as well take out those few at the top, as the likes of Dyer are diluting the average ;)

That 28k average is quite useless without knowing more about that figure.

How did they decide which players count as 'first team' PL players?

West Ham's expenditure on wages is very high if that list is true.

That 28k average is quite useless without knowing more about that figure.

How did they decide which players count as 'first team' PL players?

"Football in this country has never been particularly transparent about money but annual accounts provide overall wage earnings and non first-team pay has been stripped out on a club-by-club basis."

So I guess they've made educated guesses based on the accounts.

Edit:

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/05/06/exclusive-west-ham-wage-bill-is-hoax-real-pay-levels-higher-060503/

In there they explain in more detail how they do their calculating, while saying WH's real salaries are even higher than the "leaked" doc suggests.

If we'd take out those few at the bottom, then it wouldn't be an average anymore. We might as well take out those few at the top, as the likes of Dyer are diluting the average ;)

True - but what im saying is, its very unusual to get a player who will play for just 1k a week...

Archived