BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite returning to the PL, Newcastle is still in the hole and has no transfer kitty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1275855/Newcastle-United-money-spend-return-Premier-League.html

A return to a level of sanity perhaps? Makes our policy since Jack died seem almost prophetic.

'The meek shall inherit the earth'.

Despite returning to the PL, Newcastle is still in the hole and has no transfer kitty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1275855/Newcastle-United-money-spend-return-Premier-League.html

It makes sense for them to limit funds. They will be better than whoever wins the play-offs, and probably West Brom too. Then their are 1 or 2 ropey clubs who they could beat down their, such as West Ham & Wigan.

They already have a big squad and im sure they can raise some funds by selling 1 or 2 who are not really needed.

Glad that Drogba won the golden boot. Yeah, he's a prima donna, but he's often overlooked by the pundits (for that very reason) when he's a better striker than Rooney and Torres.

I actually quite like him, which seems to go against general opinion. He is certainly now up there with some of the most influential players of Premier League history (Shearer, Cole, Henry, Rooney now, etc.)

Really? More of a flat-track bully to me. Rooney and Torres can unlock any defense whereas Drogba is only very effective when he can run over defenders. Give me Rooney or Torres any day.

Yeah... you don't know what you're talking about. Drogba is all round better player than Rooney & Torres, contributing more to the team, and scoring a variety of goals against all manner of defences. To say he's just a "flat-track bully" is ridiculous.

Rafael Benitez has just phoned John Elkann to say he's changed his mind about the Juventus job according to sources back in Italy.

Wonder if Real Madrid have given him the heads up.

Looks like Kevin Kuranyi has chosen Dynamo Moscow,3 years deal £97,000 - a week.

Obviously Mr Kuranyi is driven by money.

well I think Rafa is doing wonders and should stay at Liverpool ;). Juve must be mad to be so keen on should a mediocre manager. If he does stay, we may even finish above them in a few years time after the debts bite, Gerrard and Torres leave etc.

I'm also sick of the media bukkake-fest over Droopy the dog and Spuds. Yes, it was a big turnaround after Ramos, but he has left both Portsmouth and Southampton in a right mess, and had a good amount of cash to spend.

Fulham have signed Scharner apparently.

well I think Rafa is doing wonders and should stay at Liverpool ;). Juve must be mad to be so keen on should a mediocre manager. If he does stay, we may even finish above them in a few years time after the debts bite, Gerrard and Torres leave etc.

I'm also sick of the media bukkake-fest over Droopy the dog and Spuds. Yes, it was a big turnaround after Ramos, but he has left both Portsmouth and Southampton in a right mess, and had a good amount of cash to spend.

Summer Transfer news/ Rumours

Foster to Birmingham for £4m – that’s them weaker next season already!!

Wolves hope to sign Ivory Coast striker Aruna Dindane, 29, for £4m from French side Lens, once he has played in the FA Cup final for Portsmouth, where he is on loan.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Bolton are lining up a £4m bid for Portsmouth defender Nadir Belhadj, 27.

Full story: the Sun

Archived