BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

2-1 athletico now, hard on fulham but fair play to Forlan he likes making English teams pay for his torrid time here

A bit tough on Fulham to lose 2-1.

A very good season for Roy and his bohys. I hope Ffan that history for RH doesnt repeat itself. After taking us forward into Europe we struggled the season after and he got the sack (too early imo).

Hope you enjoyed Germany like we did in Cologne

England finishing outside the top 3 in the Fair Play league already took care of that.

Heartbreaking stuff ffan, I hope you enjoyed your time in Europe as much as I did. Roll on next season, hopefully Roy will take you a step further next season :rover:

He dislocated his collarbone, strained his groin and then had knee surgery. Just your average Andy Johnson season.

Think his last game was at Ewood in February.

Was that after Salgado fixed him with a hard stare?

2-1 athletico now, hard on fulham but fair play to Forlan he likes making English teams pay for his torrid time here

Served him right. Having allowed himself to be kidnapped at the airport by the Mancs instead of signing for the mighty Boro, he deserved everything he got

The camera man has done a good job of finding a nic blonde girl in the crowd a few times now

That cameraman's got nothing on the guy doing the cricket coverage. Every attractive girl in the crowd has been picked out at one time or another. Whereas all the blokes we see are fat over 40 and drunk - well, except the players I presume!

Ffan.....Hard luck but rem it's Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Tennyson

Have to admit I slept through all the extra time, but was not at all surprised to be woken by my husband shouting Forlan had scored. It was in the script and Fulham had changed the script so often that it was inevitable they'd get caught out eventually

Feeling very sorry for Fulham, they always looked the calmer side and I think they would have prevailed in a penalty shootout. Hangeland was good for most of the game but struggled when he had to deal with the Atlético players on the ground, and how about Etuhu and Murphy? Etuhu has that loose style which makes him look lazy even when he's not, and Murphy spread his passes all over the place. Having your worst game of the tournament in the final is just very poor timing!

Was that after Salgado fixed him with a hard stare?

Salgado takes no prisoners. Legend.

Sorry that Fulham didn't make it, they gave it a good go. Still that'll give us the chance to be the first English team to win that cup next season ...

Hope you enjoyed every minute of your European adventure, Ffan I quite enjoyed it from my armchair, well done to each and every player. Could you get me a seat next to Hugh Grant for our fixture next year, please? ;)

Fabregas to quit Arsenal NEXT WEEK screams the Sun! Not that would be a blow for my least favourite manager. However after saying that he is gagging to transfer to Barcelona, Fabregas then says he doesn't know whether Barce want him or not!

I think it's a damning indictment of modern day footballers that club captain Fabregas is coming out in the media edging for a move away. Disgusting.

Surely hes just letting the Arsenal fans know of his decision to quit, would have thought thats good PR.

Archived