BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am actually impressed with Oguchi Onyewu. He wants to work for his wage and give the club what they bargained for, playing time. I think he should be commended for both his loyalty and good old fashioned work ethic.

Well it is a good natured gesture, but it is a bit weird that he is making it playing for Milan. It is not as if they are short of money, and injuries are part of the game... it is a bit stupid to be completely honest.

Well it is a good natured gesture, but it is a bit weird that he is making it playing for Milan. It is not as if they are short of money, and injuries are part of the game... it is a bit stupid to be completely honest.

For all the folks complaining about footballers only being in it for the money, its suprising that they'll still complain when a footballer demonstrates its not all about the cash.

As a business move, its a good one for the player. He demonstrates that he will be loyal to his paymasters which, coming off an injury, might result in a new contract or improve his marketability.

I'm a fan of Chad Ochocinco (Cincinatti Belgans wide receiver) on Facebook, sad I know, but he's quite a funny guy and trash talks alot of his opponents. He recently posted a picture of him and Henry in New York (Chad is doing some celebrity Strictly come Dancing sort of show there) - He said that Henry has signed for the NY Red Bulls.

you can never win with some people

I never had a probablem with players picking up their wages so his was never a loser in the first place anyway imo.

Also if you read the article through he is not giving up this years wages but rather saying he will play the last year of his contract 2012-2013 for free. By then I will be suprised if AC have not sold him...!

Just reading on SSN site that Barca are in for David Villa and Fabregas.

Wonder if Arsene would come in for Andrews if Cesc was to leave?

Or from a more serious angle, N'Zonzi...?

I never had a probablem with players picking up their wages so his was never a loser in the first place anyway imo.

Also if you read the article through he is not giving up this years wages but rather saying he will play the last year of his contract 2012-2013 for free. By then I will be suprised if AC have not sold him...!

which makes it even less idiotic

Seems like alot is going on out there....

Wolves, Bolton, City, Fulham, Rovers, Brum all seem active already – with Barca on the continent

Wolves after Fletcher from Burnley & Korens after being released.

Brum close to signing Foster & Bid rejected for N’Zogbia

Fulham & Rovers in for Piquionne

Wolves & Bolton in for Dindane

Also West Ham have announced their 7 year plan to hit the champions league :lol::lol::lol:

which makes it even less idiotic

Yes and less altruistic. It's not a bad thing to do but you have to wonder why? AC Milan are a enormous super wealthy club owned by the PM of Italy and posessing hordes of fans. Cash is not an issue for them. He has suffered an injury - a recognised risk of the game - trying to do his best for Milan. It seems a strange gesture. If he wanted to make a statment he could have given the money to charity or to the supporters group or something like that.

Yes and less altruistic. It's not a bad thing to do but you have to wonder why? AC Milan are a enormous super wealthy club owned by the PM of Italy and posessing hordes of fans. Cash is not an issue for them. He has suffered an injury - a recognised risk of the game - trying to do his best for Milan. It seems a strange gesture. If he wanted to make a statment he could have given the money to charity or to the supporters group or something like that.

He cant put any mney into the club whislt still in office so they arent as rich as you would think.

my point was raised not in question of altruism but since it was labeled as idiocy.

They might have to let him go but if its true that Wenger has money, then he will spend and strengthen the team. If Arsenal sign a keeper, center back, central midfielder, and possibly another attacking player besides Chamakh, then they will be stronger for it, with or without Fabregas.

They might have to let him go but if its true that Wenger has money, then he will spend and strengthen the team. If Arsenal sign a keeper, center back, central midfielder, and possibly another attacking player besides Chamakh, then they will be stronger for it, with or without Fabregas.

I know quite a few Arsenal fans think Nasri could grow into that role anyway, he does look much better when he gets a chance in the middle rather than out wide.

Obviously Fabregas would be a huge miss, but we've seen Arsenal bounce back from situations like this on many occasions. Don't forget they've got Wilshere waiting in the wings too. Everyone thought Wenger was crazy to replace Vieira with Fabregas, maybe he's got another ace up his sleeve.

Before his injury I thought Ramsey looked Fabregas's hier apparent. As LeChuck says, Nasri is also far better in the centre than out wide. He's said before that the deep lying holding role is his favourite position. So they don't necessarily have to go out and bring in a direct replacement.

I still think that losing Fabregas would be a massive blow, but a lot depends on whether / how the money is spent, and if they actually get the amount of money he is worth. They're gonna have a cracking front line next season with RVP and Chamakh so, if they can squeeze £50m + and add this to the money they already have allocated to new purchases, then they could bring in maybe three top quality players in other positions that would really strengthen the starting line up.

I hope he doesn't go. It lowers the standard of the league when its best players move abroad.

If Barcelona get both Fabregas and Villa, then I can't imagine there having ever been a better team in the history of the game. They'll be absolutely untouchable next season.

EDIT: Wow, Sky Sports seem to think the fee will be between £30 and £35m. If I were an Arsenal fan and Fabregas, one of the best players in the world, moved for that little, then I'd be extremely angry. I think they spent almost double that on Ibrahimivic and included Eto'o in the deal as well!

I know quite a few Arsenal fans think Nasri could grow into that role anyway, he does look much better when he gets a chance in the middle rather than out wide.

Obviously Fabregas would be a huge miss, but we've seen Arsenal bounce back from situations like this on many occasions. Don't forget they've got Wilshere waiting in the wings too. Everyone thought Wenger was crazy to replace Vieira with Fabregas, maybe he's got another ace up his sleeve.

Ramsay was just making a big break before his injury.

West Ham is a real mess right now. They really have done idiotic deals and need the clear out. Does someone here miss Benni?

Archived