BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Ramsay was just making a big break before his injury.

West Ham is a real mess right now. They really have done idiotic deals and need the clear out. Does someone here miss Benni?

ewood mcdonalds

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and less altruistic. It's not a bad thing to do but you have to wonder why? AC Milan are a enormous super wealthy club owned by the PM of Italy and posessing hordes of fans. Cash is not an issue for them. He has suffered an injury - a recognised risk of the game - trying to do his best for Milan. It seems a strange gesture. If he wanted to make a statment he could have given the money to charity or to the supporters group or something like that.

He actually got injured on national team duty.

I think the Fabregas move to Barcelona will happen, Fabregas said in an interview a few weeks ago that he 'didn't even know if Barcelona were interested in him', blatantly that was a come and get me plea. 30-35m does seem low when you compare it to the deals for Ronaldo etc, I think Arsenal will try and hold out for closer to 50m at least, will Barca pay it? Probably.

Milner to Citeh also looks likely to me, I don't see him having any particular loyalty to Villa and every player has his price which Villa will eventually have to accept reluctantly, Milner will simply enjoy a signifcant pay rise to move up the road continue kicking a ball around. Loyalty is almost non existent these days, I think that these days there are only a few exceptions.

I think the Fabregas move to Barcelona will happen, Fabregas said in an interview a few weeks ago that he 'didn't even know if Barcelona were interested in him', blatantly that was a come and get me plea. 30-35m does seem low when you compare it to the deals for Ronaldo etc, I think Arsenal will try and hold out for closer to 50m at least, will Barca pay it? Probably.

Milner to Citeh also looks likely to me, I don't see him having any particular loyalty to Villa and every player has his price which Villa will eventually have to accept reluctantly, Milner will simply enjoy a signifcant pay rise to move up the road continue kicking a ball around. Loyalty is almost non existent these days, I think that these days there are only a few exceptions.

When you see an offer of 24M for Milner REJECTED it shows how farcical the League has become and how incredible it is that we finished 10th.

How is Milner only worth £6m(i heard £30-35m for cesc) less than Fabregas, hes good but Fabregas is one of the worlds best

Milner doesnt want out as such....Fabreglass does?? Doesnt help Arsenal's situation surely - however id agree that given £80m for Ronaldo, £30-35m seems cheap! :blink:

Wheres that from? Iv not seen anything from Villa out there.

According to SSN Fabreglass has finally confirmed to Wenger that he wants to move!! :lol:

I've read that in several places in the last couple of days. You'll have to google! :P

You've got to be demanding minimum of £50m for Fabregas, maybe even £80m considering the fact that he is tied down to a long term deal, is young, and is the club captain.

Inter played hard ball with Barca over Ibrahimovic and got a sweet deal out of it. Arsenal have to do the same.

Guest Kamy100

Financial reality continues to hit United, overnight Fergie has said that he is only going to sign one player during the summer, and even then only if the deal is right.

Not Premier League, but Barca have officially signed David Villa for a fee believed to be in the region of £35m. I think that's a pretty fair deal all round, but that Barca will now be untouchable next season.

I wonder if this will impact on their ability to finance a deal for Fabregas...

Villa to Barcelona

Not Premier League, but Barca have officially signed David Villa for a fee believed to be in the region of £35m. I think that's a pretty fair deal all round, but that Barca will now be untouchable next season.

I wonder if this will impact on their ability to finance a deal for Fabregas...

Villa to Barcelona

Everyone thought they were untouchable this year but it turned out not to be the case. That's what makes football interesting to watch - the fact that you can spend shed loads of money, own all the best players or at least a fair number of them, have a decent coach and still get turned over on any given day by sometimes the least likely candidates.

Foster to Birmingham, undisclosed fee, but if reports are to be believed, c. £5m

Was surprised to hear he was 27!

He's looked distinctly average when I've seen him.

Looks a dodgy un to me!

He's okay but nothing special.

He's achieved very little for a 27 year old, he barely has 100 professional appearances under his belt.

We paid £2.5 million for Robinson and he was only a year older than Foster is now.

Everyone thought they were untouchable this year but it turned out not to be the case. That's what makes football interesting to watch - the fact that you can spend shed loads of money, own all the best players or at least a fair number of them, have a decent coach and still get turned over on any given day by sometimes the least likely candidates.

I dunno, they did the double over Real this season and won La Liga with a record points tally. They also made it to the Champions League semi final before losing to one of the top teams in world football managed by arguably the best manager in the game.

Just imagine Villa, Ibrahimavic, Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta all playing in the starting XI next season.

I dunno, they did the double over Real this season and won La Liga with a record points tally. They also made it to the Champions League semi final before losing to one of the top teams in world football managed by arguably the best manager in the game.

Just imagine Villa, Ibrahimavic, Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta all playing in the starting XI next season.

Wasn't knocking what they DID do - just pointing out that they were not an unstoppable force. Sometimes as Mourinho showed it's the team as greater than the sum of its parts that wins out.

It's a make or break season for Foster, he looked very good for Watford a few years back but ultimately couldn't handle the pressure of keeping goal for United. It's hard to judge him off 20 odd games scattered through his United career, he has all of the technical talent to be a good goalkeeper, personally I think he'll surprise a few people next year just like Hart did.

The Guardian is reporting that Fabregas will be a Barca player before the weekend (good luck to him getting into that midfield), his fee being 30 million. If that's true then Arsenal have been hoodwinked again. He's 22, he's one of the finest players in Europe, and he's the talisman for a top European club. There's no way Arsenal should settle for a fee below that of Villa.

Archived