BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

If Fabrigas does join Arsenal do people think someone is leaving that midfield? You can't play them all, and whilst top clubs have big squads that seems a bit OTT even for them

Don't think it impacts us too much mind.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fabregas goes for anything less than £50m, then the powers that be at Arsenal are in the wrong job. I'd bet that Real would be willing to offer double that if they thought he wanted to join them. Considering his age, talent, the length of hos contract, and his influence at the club, you'd think he were one of the most valuable players in world football. I can only really think of Messi and Ronaldo who should command significantly larger fees.

If Fabrigas does join Arsenal do people think someone is leaving that midfield? You can't play them all, and whilst top clubs have big squads that seems a bit OTT even for them

Don't think it impacts us too much mind.

Barcelona

I dunno, they did the double over Real this season and won La Liga with a record points tally. They also made it to the Champions League semi final before losing to one of the top teams in world football managed by arguably the best manager in the game.

Just imagine Villa, Ibrahimavic, Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta all playing in the starting XI next season.

Guardiola, he just keeps on impressing.

Unfortunatly I think you'll have to imagine Ibrahimovic being part of that team, surely he'll be moved on. He's just not consistent enough.

20 mil for Milner?

30 for Fabergas?

Just when you thought football couldn't possibly become more farcical.

Transfer fees for English players have ALWAYS been at a markup of at least 1.5 times what they should be. Look at Glen Johnson for example. There's various reasons for this; they know the league and have proven themselves in it so won't need to adapt to the style of play, you're more likely to get the best out of them early on as they wont need to fit into the conditions, plus with the new FIFA rules on home grown players it makes them especially important.

Dont forget Arsenal "nicked" him from Barcelona for virtually nothing when he was 16.

What goes around comes around.

I dont think Arsenal utilized his talent cause they couldve dominated English football during his time here had Wenger been a little more flexible about signing certain players.

I think Ibra will definitely get another season to prove himself.

Ibra has unfortunately done what he always does and let himself down. Great start to the season and then back to drifting around the pitch looking non-chalont and not contributing enough. He hasn't really clicked with Messi and has been disappointing in games that really mattered, look at the semi in Barcelona. He might get lucky and be given another chance but if the links about Torres being next on their shopping list come to fruition then he'll be out the door asap.

Just like berbatov he's his own worst enemy.

A sign of what we are up against

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is planning a major spending spree after being told he has "an open chequebook".

Full story: the Sun

A sign of what it will cost to sign an average winger!

West Brom are poised to sign Hull star Stephen Hunt - even though he won't be fit for the start of next season. The Baggies have agreed a £4m fee for the Republic of Ireland winger, rising to £5.5m if Roberto di Matteo's men stay in the Premier League.

Full story: Daily Star

Foster to Birmingham, undisclosed fee, but if reports are to be believed, c. £5m

Was surprised to hear he was 27!

He's looked distinctly average when I've seen him.

Looks a dodgy un to me!

I just don't rate him and he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the England squad had it not been for the fact that he was at United. Another Roy Carroll or possibly worse I reckon. As said, for someone who's 27 he's had so little game time it's unreal. I know goalies develop late, but he's going to have to put in some serious appearances to get up to speed and with his dodgy knee... Birmingham have been done good and proper in this deal.

Villa have nothing to lose. Reject the bid and hold out for £25m. If City decide that's too dear and go elsewhere, just drop em a fax and say they'll take £20.

Like you Hughesy, I'd do all I could to get Stephen Ireland coming the other way.

Villa are doing the right thing in holding out for more money, but would be mad not to sell Milner this summer. I think he's a really good player, but two players of a similar standard they could immediately replace him with are Bentley and Ireland, and they'd have a big chunk of money to spare.

Dont forget Arsenal "nicked" him from Barcelona for virtually nothing when he was 16.

What goes around comes around.

I dont think Arsenal utilized his talent cause they couldve dominated English football during his time here had Wenger been a little more flexible about signing certain players.

Oh c'mon he's 22 and a fantastic player, but his best playing days are definitely ahead of him. I'm sure Wenger was basing his entire future team around him - that's gone up in smoke now.

Villa should ask for Bellamy, Ireland & Onouha in exchange....id say thats a fair swap & would actually strengthen Villa.

Wont happen like, but if I was MON id be sounding out those players as part of the deal

Villa have nothing to lose. Reject the bid and hold out for £25m. If City decide that's too dear and go elsewhere, just drop em a fax and say they'll take £20.

their negotiator must be awful

Any truth in Newcastle trying to take one of your players Roberto?

Newcastle United are leading the race to sign Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo and Torino starlet Raffaele Maiorano.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279982/Newcastle-boss-Chris-Hughton-eyes-Toulouse-defender-Albin-Ebondo-Torinos-Raffaele-Maiorano.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0oVIZLLWH

Archived