BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa, one of the world's elite players moved for £35m. Meanwhile, City supposedly bid £30m for Milner... What is happening to the game?!

Thats what I was getting at.

I know City are loaded but £30m for Milner?! :blink:

Villa £34m, rumours of £35m for Fabregas & then £30m for Milner?! Give over!!

City totally dis-joint the whole market! Hope they make their moves and get on with it asap to let the rest calm down!

Any truth in Newcastle trying to take one of your players Roberto?

He'd agreed to join Siena in January,but that fell through right at the last minute.Siena said they would return for him in the summer,but they have since been relegated,so i guess that knocks it on the head.

His people seem to be moving him for all the wrong reasons,his people seem bad apples in my opinion.

I haven't spoken to anyone from the club for over a month now so i have no idea where the transfer is at.

So Roberto are you the former Italian player? I remember "him" playing for Napoli and Torino during my earliest exposure to Italian football with its weekly round-up show! :)

No Mate!.I always sign up to websites as my favourite Torino players.Even men in their forties are aloud to do that. :D

I'd recommend to him that he does his badges, or if he has them already, then work your way up and gain experience at clubs with lower expectations. Maybe I am hoping for him to become player/manager at Barnet, but I think well-known players should work their way up through the ranks. Or gain the experience abroad like Hodgson, and learn different footballing cultures.

According to Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini, Edinson Cavani will cost Manchester City £19.5 million if they want to place an official bid after the enquiry they made in the week.

Santa Cruz or Adebayor will be leaving then, they're all of the same ilk.

City next season could be.

Given in Goal

Rb Zabaleta.

cd.boateng

Cd.Luiz.

Lb.Kolarov

RM.Krasic.

CM.Kaka.

CM Barry.

LM not sure.

CF.Ibrahimovic.

CF.Vucinic.

That can be done as the market stands at the moment.

What a fantastic waste of money.

City next season could be.

Given in Goal

Rb Zabaleta.

cd.boateng

Cd.Luiz.

Lb.Kolarov

RM.Krasic.

CM.Kaka.

CM Barry.

LM not sure.

CF.Ibrahimovic.

CF.Vucinic.

That can be done as the market stands at the moment.

...and they'd struggle to finish 8th with such major upheaval.

If City are going for that amount of player turnover and Cooke remains in charge, two things are going to happen:

- wages throughout the Prem will sky rocket as the players moving out of Eastlands will not be going for less cash.

- the market will freeze as every agent who has a player half on the City radar waits/ angles for the City bid and shrugs off all interest from other clubs by quoting City-type wages at them.

This is going to be like the last two windows- all talk and relatively little action.

If you consider how much we sold David Bentley for, I'd say about £20m is a fair price for Milner. However, this is Man. City we're talking about, and they've proven they'll pay well over the going rate.

That seems to be the plan at the moment.About 8-9 in,and 10-11 out.

Mancini wants his own side,which is only fair enough.

And with Cities money, they can do it in one window.

City said last summer that they wouldn't have a transfer window like last year again.

Although I suppose they are in a position now to offload players for big money when they bring in replacements, which wasn't the case when they were replacing a crap squad.

If they go for wholesale changes again I think they'll finish below Villa and Everton.

Archived