BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

James wants to be manager

Quite interesting I think. He seems a pretty clever guy, despite his daft mistakes in games now and again. Who knows if he'd be any good but I think he'd be much better than the likes of Ince and Adams.

I wouldn't advise it. Right now, they need an experienced head who knows his way around and oversee the club while they sort out their financial mess. Perhaps David James could work as an assistant coach, but manager? I'm not so sure.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storrie to have say in search for new boss — Peter Storrie will help Pompey identify Avram Grant's replacement. Andrew Andronikou has revealed the Blues' former chief executive will have a say in the search for a new boss. Storrie is currently at Fratton Park in a "consultancy" capacity, a role which is expected to continue until the end of June. He is presently charged with dealing with player sales as Andronikou seeks to raise £15m this summer. Andronikou has admitted it would be folly not to seek Storrie's input considering his extensive experience in the game.

Haha! What a tragedy. I suppose they have to find some purpose for Storrie, since they're still keeping him in luxury. But the only wealth of experience he has is how to send a club down the crapper, while taking bonuses for the team's results.

Sky reporting, BIG club have agreed a 6m fee for Zigic.

Good ! thats TWO dummies they've signed this summer, with Foster being the other :D . At this moment in time we've a great chance of finishing above them next season.

That'll be interesting to see. I was one of the few who thought Zigic would be a decent signing for us. I will look forward to seeing him next season and see if he can adapt to the premier league.

That'll be interesting to see. I was one of the few who thought Zigic would be a decent signing for us. I will look forward to seeing him next season and see if he can adapt to the premier league.

If he looks the part Ricky, give me a dig and I'll hold my hand up and call you a footballing god. :D

Zigic should fit PL football well. But he is useless if team don´t play his football and that´s long ball. I think they over paid him. He will have few tough fights against Big Chris.

Or just a team that gets plenty of crosses into the box. Crouch does well for Tottenham but they don't play long ball.

Not sure what relevance this article has, however I thought id link it as it just shows how we dont always do too bad in the fans eyes.

It says they asked at least 200 fans from each club & 86% have faith in our directors, compared to 17% at Liverpool, and low ratings for most other clubs...

Rovers Directors 3rd in confidence table

Eeeeeveryone's got money to spend but us it seems.

Look behind the headlines .... "Skysports.com understands Burnley striker Steven Fletcher is set to move to Wolves in a move worth £7.5million."

A deal worth 7.5m? OK so thats a 3 year deal at 30k pw = 4.5 million and 3m to Burnley so that they get their initial investment back. Total £7.5m.

Reads a bit different now doesn't it?

btw Fletcher looks quite a useful player imo.

Looks like City are triggering Dzeko's £34m release clause from Wolfsburg.

He wants to join AC Milan,AC want the player but don't have the money to do the deal.

Pazzini very close to Juventus now,so cannot see them starting bidding war with City,if City have actually bid.

Archived