BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Has anyone read this article on the Sporting Intelligence website? About where the payments from the premier league, prize money, tv revenue etc have gone for the 09/10 season?

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/05/16/the-premier-league-where-the-money-went-in-2009-10/

DISTRIBUTION of Premier League central funds 2009-10 (All amounts £ sterling)

Place = finishing position in the table. Live = live games on Sky/ESPN combined.

BBC = games on Match of the Day. N.Live = games shown ‘near live’.

Note: Facility fees increase with more live TV games; merit payments grow in increments of £800,424 per place from 20th to 1st.

PL-payments-2009-10.jpg

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like City are triggering Dzeko's £34m release clause from Wolfsburg.

The clause runs out on monday so teir was reports that they will wait until after than and get him for cheaper.

Interesting table RVR - Shows we got more than Brum even though they finished higher.. we were also £2-3m clear of Stoke & Fulham which is good news....and clubs like Bolton were some £5.5m behind us!!

Other news - Kilmarnock miss out on Rovers coach

You should write stand-up.

I live in hope that one day the club and those running it, will realise that we need to spend transfer fee's if we are to survive. It can't all go on wages.

Dont forget the £5m gap!!

If we finish 10th again we'll still have 5 million more than, three pieces of eight we have yet again this summer.

However that will most likely disappear as well.

I live in hope that one day the club and those running it, will realise that we need to spend transfer fee's if we are to survive. It can't all go on wages.

If we finish 10th again we'll still have 5 million more than, three pieces of eight we have yet again this summer.

However that will most likely disappear as well.

see my post in the season tickets thread

Dave Jones, Ian Holloway and Sam Allardyce had also been linked with the Upton Park job in the past, but the co-owner maintained none of those interviewed had been suitable to the club's plans.

"We interviewed three or four others," Sullivan continued.

"One said he would come but wanted £7 million in wages for him and his staff.

Somehow I don't think Manure will be title favourites next season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/28/manchester-united-sell-players-debts

The problem of working out what is happening at Man U is there are now three entities involved- Man U, Red Football and the bond company. Bits sit in each one but as Red Football is the vehicle through which the Glazers hold everything else, bad news there is bad news full stop. And that report on Red Football is bad news.

Dave Jones, Ian Holloway and Sam Allardyce had also been linked with the Upton Park job in the past, but the co-owner maintained none of those interviewed had been suitable to the club's plans.

"We interviewed three or four others," Sullivan continued.

"One said he would come but wanted £7 million in wages for him and his staff.

Hughes and his staff wanted £7 Million

Bilic wanted a transfer fund of £40 Million

McClaren turned is down.

Those are the 3 that Sullivan is talking about.

Just seen that the new Liverpool Chairman has:

1) not attended Chelsea v Liverpool because of a conflict of interest (he is a Chelsea supporter)

2) spoken to a Sky reporter at a Chelsea sportsmen's dinner

3) has told said reporter that Torres should leave Liverpool

4) because it will take at least three years to sort the mess at Liverpool out.

I know that there were some damn fool British owners of football clubs but when it comes to completely screwing up, the non-British owners are in a league of their own!!!

I know that there were some damn fool British owners of football clubs but when it comes to completely screwing up, the non-British owners are in a league of their own!!!

That might be a little unfair to Randy Lerner Phil.

That might be a little unfair to Randy Lerner Phil.

I was looking at the bad end of the spectrum of British and non-British. OK there were Ridsdale and Duffen but the antics of the parade going through Pompey and the Icelandic mayhem at West Ham is pretty spectacular whilst the positives vibes for foreign ownership of Abramovich for Chelsea are completely undone by two of the other big 4 in Liverpool and Man U.

I was looking at the bad end of the spectrum of British and non-British. OK there were Ridsdale and Duffen but the antics of the parade going through Pompey and the Icelandic mayhem at West Ham is pretty spectacular whilst the positives vibes for foreign ownership of Abramovich for Chelsea are completely undone by two of the other big 4 in Liverpool and Man U.

Considering where Abrahmovic got his money from, I would hardly call his vibe "positive".

Archived