BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Premiership news but Palace could fold this week the club is close to being liquidated.

They have 1 young player - Scannell - who might be worth a shout.

Looks like a last hour save. They had until 1500 to save their players from being sold and a deal was reached.

Joe Cole is g ood player but seriously, from champions to who? If it is not United is surely a step backwards because no one is going to come close next year.

How good does he think he is? Better the 100,000 a week?

I'd like to see somebody actually build a team around Cole. Imo he has the most skill of any English midfielder and enough quality to become a really top midfield playmaker. If that happened it would be to Englands major benefit.

Really surprised, I heard United not too long ago what changed his mind?

Talkdrivel, are saying they heard United then Arsenal. Where's he gonna fit in at the Gooners?

Will he be able to replace Fabregas?

Where's he gonna fit in at the Gooners?

Easy - where Fabregas was playing, as 42er pointed toward.

Fabregas has been playing behind the striker this season, basically in Joe Cole's best position.

If Wenger has told Cole he'll build the team around him like he did with Fabregas, then Cole has made a brilliant decision I think - playing Arsenal's football in that position could make him world class.

If Wenger spends the Fabregas money wisely then I'm going to put a few quid on them to win the league next year...assuming all the other events happen too!

Easy - where Fabregas was playing, as 42er pointed toward.

Fabregas has been playing behind the striker this season, basically in Joe Cole's best position.

If Wenger has told Cole he'll build the team around him like he did with Fabregas, then Cole has made a brilliant decision I think - playing Arsenal's football in that position could make him world class.

If Wenger spends the Fabregas money wisely then I'm going to put a few quid on them to win the league next year...assuming all the other events happen too!

Don't mean to be rude and hope I'm not but you've said this to me before.

My best friend is a gooner and goes very often and he says he's still in central midfield but just gets forward more.

Don't forget Arsenal haven't sold him, yet. They tolf Barca to do one over Henry I won't besurprised if they do it again. As unless Barca get serious with their offers he'll be going nowhere.

Don't mean to be rude and hope I'm not but you've said this to me before.

My best friend is a gooner and goes very often and he says he's still in central midfield but just gets forward more.

Don't forget Arsenal haven't sold him, yet. They tolf Barca to do one over Henry I won't besurprised if they do it again. As unless Barca get serious with their offers he'll be going nowhere.

Perhaps 'behind the striker' is over-egging it a little bit, but he has been playing very advanced in a central three.

15 goals and 15 assists tells you all you need to know about his position in the team, he's very much an attacking player rather than a central midfielder.

I reckon Joe Cole could do a cracking job in the same position.

Perhaps 'behind the striker' is over-egging it a little bit, but he has been playing very advanced in a central three.

15 goals and 15 assists tells you all you need to know about his position in the team, he's very much an attacking player rather than a central midfielder.

I reckon Joe Cole could do a cracking job in the same position.

Fair do's, he is getting forward a lot more than he used to and he's started scoring something he didn't always do.

Cole, well I'd love to see him in "the hole", bit of freedom, little licence to track back, however I can just as likely see him stuck out on the wing.

But then again, perhaps thats why he choose the Gooners????

The Times and The Guardian reporting that Liverpool have offered Rafa £3m to leave.

Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield

Liverpool offer Rafael Benítez £3m to quit with immediate effect

Hmm. If his contract is worth a reported £20m, that must be £5m a year or something. Why would he take £3m?

I want him to stay, its funnier!

Hmm. If his contract is worth a reported £20m, that must be £5m a year or something. Why would he take £3m?

I want him to stay, its funnier!

Because then he'd be able to take a new contract elsewhere, without the new club having to pay Liverpool for the privilege?

And the Mirror is reporting that Liverpool have sacked Benitez.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-sack-manager-Rafa-Benitez-article446441.html

Which begs the ? who in their right mind would take on the job.

Four years at least to rebuild them and god knows how much more money in the process.

Edit Hughes is still available. ;)

I think Hughes would be a good choice, especially as Liverpool have apparently pledged to hand the new manager a 20 million kitty, plus keeping all the cash raised via sales. What worries me is that Hughes may turn his attention to the Rovers, to raid "proven" PL players like Samba.

I think Hughes would be a good choice, especially as Liverpool have apparently pledged to hand the new manager a 20 million kitty, plus keeping all the cash raised via sales. What worries me is that Hughes may turn his attention to the Rovers, to raid "proven" PL players like Samba.

True but he is a fine benefactor for us. ;) 20m for anyone he fancies.

Archived