BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want a laugh get on the Red and White Kop forum, some of the claptrap they spout on there about 'the Liverpool Way' and how Rafa is the heir to Shankly etc etc is almost tragic.

They are going down the pan at an alarming pace and I for one am delighted.

Just checked the odds at William Hill and O'Neill is favourite at 7/4, but King Kenny is still lurking around at 7/1. Why would he return after so long on the golf course? And why would Liverpool consider him? Ideally, I would think that Liverpool would hire a confident man, a guv'nor................... ;)

Interesting developments over night,I cannot see a great amount of top managers wanting to go to Liverpool in their current situation,any new manager would surely have to sell to buy,and with Torres and Gerrard possibly leaving things could go very pear shaped.

I wonder what a certain Italian football clubs owner thinks of all this.

Just checked the odds at William Hill and O'Neill is favourite at 7/4, but King Kenny is still lurking around at 7/1. Why would he return after so long on the golf course? And why would Liverpool consider him? Ideally, I would think that Liverpool would hire a confident man, a guv'nor................... ;)

What Sky is saying is that as the Yanks are trying to sell the club no top managers will want to go there.

But King Kenny could take over as caretaker until they sell, at 7-1 it’s worth a punt. Can we set up a Facebook group to keep Raffa.

Burnley's 'man of goals' Steve Fletcher set to join Wolves tomorrow for 7.5 MILLION!

WTF! :blink:

I've already answered this. That will likely be the worth of the total package e.g. 1.5m pa for 4 years and a couple of mill to Burnley.

Like many clubs Wolves will be bigging themselves up to their fans to sell ST's I'd imagine.

I don't think thats a bad deal. He's no superstar but he's mot a bad player.

Goodbye Rotation Rafa, good riddance after all the @#/? he has said about us over the years.

Can't see many top managers touching it with no budget, they will wait and see what happens with the sale. Hughes or a Hodgson would be perfect for them, get the best out of their players and work with a small budget.

Apparently Fabregas is considering some kind of legal action that would allow him to buy out the remainder of his contract, which would cost some £28m. I honestly think Barca's bid of £30m is derisory. If he wanted to go to Real, then Arsenal would be looking at double that.

As for Joe Cole being a direct replacement for Fabregas behind the striker. Well, I can see that working well and believe that Cole is a top quality player. However, he will never be in the same league as Fabregas and I reckon they'll suffer as a result of his loss, no matter who they sign.

£30m doesn't go that far these days, especially when James Milner is rumoured to be leaving for the same amoumt. Realistically, Wenger could either get one top player in, inferior to Fabregas, or buy a couple who would strengthen other areas of the squad. That's if he were even given all of the transfer fee to spend.

Archived