BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Fabregas is considering some kind of legal action that would allow him to buy out the remainder of his contract, which would cost some £28m. I honestly think Barca's bid of £30m is derisory. If he wanted to go to Real, then Arsenal would be looking at double that.

As for Joe Cole being a direct replacement for Fabregas behind the striker. Well, I can see that working well and believe that Cole is a top quality player. However, he will never be in the same league as Fabregas and I reckon they'll suffer as a result of his loss, no matter who they sign.

£30m doesn't go that far these days, especially when James Milner is rumoured to be leaving for the same amoumt. Realistically, Wenger could either get one top player in, inferior to Fabregas, or buy a couple who would strengthen other areas of the squad. That's if he were even given all of the transfer fee to spend.

It looked like they had a ready made replacement potentially with Ramsay, the injury he suffered though means he might take a long time to get over it, perhaps never reach the potential he once showed.

Also haven't Arsenal been linked with Gourcuff recently?

£30 million seems small, but perhaps Barca and Arsenal had an agreement in place or an understanding that they could buy him back for a certain fee or region of fee?

the thought makes me feel sick

:lol:

Well you know what the fact of it did to us!

It will be interesting to find out what LFC paid to Rafa- probably a chunk more than £3m.

Barca clearly have their assault on Arsenal well planned. Offered £29m knowing Cesc can in theory buy himself out for £28m. Will be interesting to see how HMRC would view Barca slipping him a £28m loan to buy himself out of his employment contract. If he stayed the duration of his contract the taxman would take about £19m by the time NI is added on.

As things stand Arsenal have flat rejected Barca's moves but if the player is totally set on leaving for the Barcelona subs bench we all know that there will only be one outcome.

Skybet has O'Neill and King Kenny as the two favourites, 6/4 and 5/2 respectively.

William Hill has O'Neill (9/4), they Woy Hodgson (5/2)

Paddypower has it Dalglish (9/4) then O'Neill (5/2).

Sadly for for the Shadefruede Squad Ince is either 66/1 or 150/1. Keegan is as low as 12/1 at Ladbrokes.

So if the bookies are right, it is between O'Neill, Dalglish and Woy. Whilst O'Neill may have been a bit off with Lerner recently, I can't see him going to Liverpool with the mess they're in. Dalglish is probably enjoying the golf course, and would be an odd choice given his long time away from the game. That leaves Woy, who may see it as a last shot at a 'big' club before he retires.

I know who I'm hoping for.

Skybet has O'Neill and King Kenny as the two favourites, 6/4 and 5/2 respectively.

William Hill has O'Neill (9/4), they Woy Hodgson (5/2)

Paddypower has it Dalglish (9/4) then O'Neill (5/2).

Sadly for for the Shadefruede Squad Ince is either 66/1 or 150/1. Keegan is as low as 12/1 at Ladbrokes.

So if the bookies are right, it is between O'Neill, Dalglish and Woy. Whilst O'Neill may have been a bit off with Lerner recently, I can't see him going to Liverpool with the mess they're in. Dalglish is probably enjoying the golf course, and would be an odd choice given his long time away from the game. That leaves Woy, who may see it as a last shot at a 'big' club before he retires.

I know who I'm hoping for.

Shurely Hughes gets a mention, if not then he's got to be a good outside bet?

Liverpool, despite their off-the-field problems, would be a big step up for O'Neill, and I reckon he'd jump at the chance to take over.

This might kick start a mini manager merry go round in the Premier League and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

O'Neill to Liverpool and Roy to Villa?

More like Hughes if he finds it acceptable to find another job just yet whilst he is still taking the ayrab oil booty. I think Brad is almost certain to have Randy Lerners ear.

Sky Sports are claiming six million.

Such is the price of failure. Who needs a winning team?

So Liverpool have no money and have just spent some 5 odd million on Rafa and are going to spend another few million on compo for another manager. Don't forget all Rafa's legions of staff and the compo for the new staff the new man would want?

There will be no money left for players. The club is up for sale, it will surely be an interium manager or someone who's not at a club.

My monies on the "King" and he'll most likely work with the current staff. That way any new buyer can pick his own man as most want to do anyway.

God those bin dippers are embarrassing. Rafa was an average manager who turned Liverpool into a turgid, defensive team reliant on two players. And they have a protest about him being sacked?

Re JAL: That's why I'm not a gambling man. I thought Hughes would overcome any anti-Liverpool feelings from his playing days. He's not Gary Neville or Alex Ferguson.

Best not to intrude n private grief. :lol:

So if it is Kenny, and he is a stop gap until the Americans sell (get the £800m they are asking for), King Kenny has got himself a new permanent job. Don't underestimate his ability to turn that ragtag into a potent force again. In fact if he has retained half the canny eye for players he had at Rovers, he could sell Torres and Gerard and use the proceeds on the sort of recruits to become genuine title challengers.

Or he could have been out of the game for so long, he'll try to emulate the tactics we won the league with in 1995, with the same training methods, and look very dated and out of touch. It could go either way. O'Neill wouldn't be much better than Rafa. Look at Villa, they only play one way.

Or he could have been out of the game for so long, he'll try to emulate the tactics we won the league with in 1995, with the same training methods, and look very dated and out of touch. It could go either way.

True, but either way would still turn out better than how the Fat Spanish Waiter left them!

So Liverpool have no money and have just spent some 5 odd million on Rafa and are going to spend another few million on compo for another manager.

Unless the take one of those without a job!? Hughes, Hiddink, Lippi after the world cup!!??

Archived