BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't fancy trapsing back through this nor the transfers thread...can anyone tell me the name of that player who Wigan are supposed to be signing for £7.1m. Ta

I don't fancy trapsing back through this nor the transfers thread...can anyone tell me the name of that player who Wigan are supposed to be signing for £7.1m. Ta

Mauro Boselli, if I am not mistaken.

Not that I know of Roberto.

Perhaps Nicko can shed some light???

I don't think it's right.It's come out from the Lazio side.Real and Inter are the clubs with the biggest interest.

Santa Cruz has been linked to Lazio today from various sources too.

It's one of those days were the bullshitting agents are out in force.

Good old Sven must be a big shout for Liverpool.

Surely his reputation in England is too tarnished? I would really like to see him move back to Italy and do some good work there after the World Cup, he's a bloody excellent manager who has hit some real land mines the last few years.

Surely his reputation in England is too tarnished?

I said that because he would not cost any compensation,Can Liverpool really afford to pay £4-5 million compensation to another club in their dire financial situation?. And he has an excellent knowledge of the European and South American markets.Plus he gets on well with Gerrard.

If Liverpool lose Gerrard and Torres over the summer surely any chance they have of qualifing for the Champions League next season go's out of the window.

If Liverpool haven't sold the club by this time next year,and they have failed to qualify for the Champions League for the second season in a row,surely total meltdown and administration has a real chance of happening.

But aren't Barca going to lend him the money to do it? In which case is it as fair?

I'm torn on this one. I think it proper that a player be allowed to buy out his contract. And Barca should be allowed to lend money if it wants to lend money. Business is business. On the other hand, Barca loaning Cesc Fabregas the money to buy out his contract with Arsenal smacks of Barca interfering with the contract between Cesc and Arsenal. I believe the term is "illegal approach" in football? Am I wrong?

I suppose the kicker would be the terms of the loan. If Fabregas was obligated to play for Barca as a condition of the loan, I would rain down fire on Barca if I were one of football's authorities. But if Barca's loan was a straight loan, and Cesc was entitled to sign for whomever he liked after buying out his Arsenal contract, I would still be irked but might let it slide. Or might not, for the reasons above. It would definetly open up a can of worms. Making money on transfers could become a thing of the past if a rival club only needed to fund the player buying out the balance of the contract.

I don't think it's right.It's come out from the Lazio side.Real and Inter are the clubs with the biggest interest.

Santa Cruz has been linked to Lazio today from various sources too.

It's one of those days were the bullshitting agents are out in force.

It doesn't make great sense as city have bridge and he's pretty good.

Tomorrows another day!!

Sven's not a bad shout for Liverpool and I will not be surprised to see Gerrard leave this summer. He's had a crap year on and off the field and he desperatly wants to win a top league.

Would Liverpool going into administration mean Hicks and Gillet leave?

In my opinion Kolarov is a better player than Bridge.

The guys at the Liverpool Echo reckon Liverpool could post losses of £50-60M when interest payments are taken into account next season,if they don't sell either Gerrard or Torres to balance the books,and that would take overall debt up to around the £410 million mark.

They reckon Liverpool not qualifing for the Champions League has cost them £30-40 million.

It really is a total disaster at Anfield,guess everyone at the club and the fans are just praying someone comes along and offers somewhere in the region of £350-£400 million and Hicks and Gillet accept the offer,and then disappear out of sight.

If they refused to sell at that price i reckon some Liverpool fans would try to hang them both in Stanley Park!.

Di santo worsened significantly as last season progressed. His strength is back to goal, turn him around and he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Against that, Owen Coyle has great judgement. Time will tell but my guess is that one day we will see this as one that got away. No striker would thrive given much of the football we played last season.

Liverpool should be very naughty and go for Moyes

My guess is that Moyes will end up at Old Trafford when RFW retires. Hasn't Fergie more or less annointed him? Everton will then raid Lancashire as they always do and sign Holloway.

I'm torn on this one. I think it proper that a player be allowed to buy out his contract. And Barca should be allowed to lend money if it wants to lend money. Business is business. On the other hand, Barca loaning Cesc Fabregas the money to buy out his contract with Arsenal smacks of Barca interfering with the contract between Cesc and Arsenal. I believe the term is "illegal approach" in football? Am I wrong?

I suppose the kicker would be the terms of the loan. If Fabregas was obligated to play for Barca as a condition of the loan, I would rain down fire on Barca if I were one of football's authorities. But if Barca's loan was a straight loan, and Cesc was entitled to sign for whomever he liked after buying out his Arsenal contract, I would still be irked but might let it slide. Or might not, for the reasons above. It would definetly open up a can of worms. Making money on transfers could become a thing of the past if a rival club only needed to fund the player buying out the balance of the contract.

If barca where to loan him money then surely thats proof positive that barca have contacted and spoken to the player without permission. I think Barca would be in serious trouble (however FIFA would do nothing). Tapping up goes on, off course it does. My mate not affiliated to the club goes and speaks to the target on my behalf with our offer and vision. However imagine if it gets to the stage where it becomes common place, ala the bosman.

How many clubs rely on transfer fee's to make ends meet and progress? The vaste majority of all 92 in England I'd say. Lets also apply this to some of our recent transfers:

RSC, 18 million would have been 8 million.

Bentley, 15 million would have been a bit less, say 6-7million (i don't know his wage)

Both wanted out and wanted certain clubs, some good patter and perhaps they could have been turned. Neither was happy at us holding out for the high fee's we got.

Imagine Phil Jones, couple of years down the line. He's made the first team and Barca move for him, obviously we want 10 million plus (lets says he's won his first cap), but yet he's still on his 10K (guess) deal. We refuse barca's 2 million (3 years left worth 1.5M) offer as we want more and he gets his head turned by them and their tapping up. He then buys out his contract for 1.5 million and off he goes? So how do we replace our young budding central rock with the lousy 2 million we'd have from his saved wages and contract buy-out? We can't. And yet Rovers would have invested over 10 years into the lad.

Rovers would have lost out on over 10 million pounds (from RSC & Cuddles) which would have meant a serious hole in our budget. what about the likes of a league one club, say exeter. They've sold a couple of their academy kids for good money but they weren't on much more than 1-2K a week, thats nothing compared to what they got in fee's. Would they survive/progress without those funds?

Barca & Madrid bully clubs to get what they want and will use any means neccasery to get their man. They are a huge prospect for a player, rightly so. They bullied United for Ronaldo and even though the "Webster ruling" was around it wasn't even entertained. Barca want Cesc badly but yet aren't willing to pay what he's worth 50-70 million, he doesn't want to go anywhere else and so Arsenal lose out, even though he's on a 5 year contract worth 28.6 million. He's playing top level football, his career is not being hindered in anyway and yet this ruling means that as long as you have been there 3 years? your contract value is potentially your transfer value. It removes stability, bargaining power for all clubs with players who have been there over the set time frame. He's made it very clear its barca only and so even though he's been finacially well rewarded and developed into one of the best central midfielders in the world by them, potentially they miss out on 20-30 million (which would work its way down the pyramid). Its just not right and thankfully it would seem today that he's not prepared to do it.

I'm all for contract buy-outs if the players careers are under threat, say because they are not playing or some such. But not willy nilly, footballs finance's are bad enough as it is, without losing fee's that only work there way down the pyramid, keeping our game alive. Without them and if clubs play hard-ball, well we would lose the vaste majority of them and we wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of staying in this league. Clubs like barca shouldn't get away with their bullying transfer tactics and yet always do as without doubt they started this story and its the reason they have offered 30 million. And yet they value Ibra at 50M + Eto'o, its not on and FIFA need to put them in their place. At the end of the day players now have all the power, and its getting out of hand. The only losers long term will be clubs and then consequentially us, the fans.

Webster Ruling, the case is hardly the same as Cesc's. Also consider little arbroath who were due 17.5% of any future fee, which they didn't get.

If barca where to loan him money then surely thats proof positive that barca have contacted and spoken to the player without permission. I think Barca would be in serious trouble (however FIFA would do nothing). Tapping up goes on, off course it does. My mate not affiliated to the club goes and speaks to the target on my behalf with our offer and vision. However imagine if it gets to the stage where it becomes common place, ala the bosman.

How many clubs rely on transfer fee's to make ends meet and progress? The vaste majority of all 92 in England I'd say. Lets also apply this to some of our recent transfers:

RSC, 18 million would have been 8 million.

Bentley, 15 million would have been a bit less, say 6-7million (i don't know his wage)

Both wanted out and wanted certain clubs, some good patter and perhaps they could have been turned. Neither was happy at us holding out for the high fee's we got.

Imagine Phil Jones, couple of years down the line. He's made the first team and Barca move for him, obviously we want 10 million plus (lets says he's won his first cap), but yet he's still on his 10K (guess) deal. We refuse barca's 2 million (3 years left worth 1.5M) offer as we want more and he gets his head turned by them and their tapping up. He then buys out his contract for 1.5 million and off he goes? So how do we replace our young budding central rock with the lousy 2 million we'd have from his saved wages and contract buy-out? We can't. And yet Rovers would have invested over 10 years into the lad.

Rovers would have lost out on over 10 million pounds (from RSC & Cuddles) which would have meant a serious hole in our budget. what about the likes of a league one club, say exeter. They've sold a couple of their academy kids for good money but they weren't on much more than 1-2K a week, thats nothing compared to what they got in fee's. Would they survive/progress without those funds?

Barca & Madrid bully clubs to get what they want and will use any means neccasery to get their man. They are a huge prospect for a player, rightly so. They bullied United for Ronaldo and even though the "Webster ruling" was around it wasn't even entertained. Barca want Cesc badly but yet aren't willing to pay what he's worth 50-70 million, he doesn't want to go anywhere else and so Arsenal lose out, even though he's on a 5 year contract worth 28.6 million. He's playing top level football, his career is not being hindered in anyway and yet this ruling means that as long as you have been there 3 years? your contract value is potentially your transfer value. It removes stability, bargaining power for all clubs with players who have been there over the set time frame. He's made it very clear its barca only and so even though he's been finacially well rewarded and developed into one of the best central midfielders in the world by them, potentially they miss out on 20-30 million (which would work its way down the pyramid). Its just not right and thankfully it would seem today that he's not prepared to do it.

I'm all for contract buy-outs if the players careers are under threat, say because they are not playing or some such. But not willy nilly, footballs finance's are bad enough as it is, without losing fee's that only work there way down the pyramid, keeping our game alive. Without them and if clubs play hard-ball, well we would lose the vaste majority of them and we wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of staying in this league. Clubs like barca shouldn't get away with their bullying transfer tactics and yet always do as without doubt they started this story and its the reason they have offered 30 million. And yet they value Ibra at 50M + Eto'o, its not on and FIFA need to put them in their place. At the end of the day players now have all the power, and its getting out of hand. The only losers long term will be clubs and then consequentially us, the fans.

Webster Ruling, the case is hardly the same as Cesc's. Also consider little arbroath who were due 17.5% of any future fee, which they didn't get.

Good post majiball. This must have been dreamt up by foootball agents. The consequences are obvious and I'm suprised that smoss needed it spelling out. Any club that takes a risk on an signing an unknown (who no doubt is desperate to be given the opportunity) and develops his talents can get well and truly ripped off.

The costs of running and staffing places like Brockhall are not inconsiderable and if we are to have such establishments they need funding. As an alternative any kids that fall by the wayside and don't make the grade might therefore be charged financially and retrospectively for their failure. Be mighty expensive of course and would saddle many failed wannabee youngsters into a level of debt even more excessive than the poor bugggers who are currently funding themselves to some loopy university degree. Whilst the few successful individuals like Fabregas crack a bottle of champagne on a bigger yacht. How would that alternative sit with you smoss?

In the race for the next Anfield boss, Sven-Goran Eriksson has conveniently announced that he's a lifelong Liverpool fan; something he felt was too inappropriate to mention during his time as England manager.

In the race for the next Anfield boss, Sven-Goran Eriksson has conveniently announced that he's a lifelong Liverpool fan; something he felt was too inappropriate to mention during his time as England manager.

You would think that he would have mentioned it somewhere along his other 20 years in managing... ######.

BTW: The Swedish media, who are usually well tapped in on Erikssons doings hasn't linked him yet.

Good post majiball. This must have been dreamt up by foootball agents. The consequences are obvious and I'm suprised that smoss needed it spelling out. Any club that takes a risk on an signing an unknown (who no doubt is desperate to be given the opportunity) and develops his talents can get well and truly ripped off.

I'm sometimes slow on the uptake.

Honestly a midfielder of Hitzelsbergers quality on a free transfer even with wages in the region of 40k-50k a week, its worthwhile. If we cant compete for these types of deals, then its a shame. He is the right age too.

West Ham are in London and can afford to out do us with wages, I imagine they sold the "future" of West Ham to him also. Don't be too surprised that we can't compete wth fairytales and the big smoke.

Archived