BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£3m for a 37 year old isnt bad though!

I suppose, I guess its just the start of the end of a good time for Fulham that is bugging me.

Losing Schwazer, probably Hodgson and if Roy goes then Hangeland and co will probably follow.

Another "poor" decision by Arsenal. Instead of fixing this problem once and for all, they go for a stop gap yet again.

They have money. They should spend it on a world class keeper who has at least 5 years left in him.

Buffon, Lloris, Akinfeev are among three options who fit the bill.

Joe Cole is g ood player but seriously, from champions to who? If it is not United is surely a step backwards because no one is going to come close next year.

How good does he think he is? Better the 100,000 a week?

After 7 years in the same place he probably fancies a change. Furthermore, other teams might build their midfield around him whereas at Chelsea he can consider himself lucky just to start.

Another "poor" decision by Arsenal. Instead of fixing this problem once and for all, they go for a stop gap yet again.

They have money. They should spend it on a world class keeper who has at least 5 years left in him.

Buffon, Lloris, Akinfeev are among three options who fit the bill.

Have to disagree with you there.

Schwazer could play for another three years easily and he is top class. He makes few mistakes, has a great command of his area and I'll even use the cliche that I hate the most when talking about a goalkeeper, he's a great shot stopper.

Will be a big loss for Fulham. We are trying to replace him with Speroni and Green.

West Ham have offered a contract to Guillermo Giacomazzi according to his agent.Seems odd if it's true,he's knocking on now.I'm sure he'll resign for Leece.

Birmingham still interested in Fabrizio Miccoli.

Any news on the liverpool job and is Diamanti going to Parma?

No idea about the Liverpool job,haven't asked about Diamanti,Parma don't have alot of money.Not sure what West Ham would want?.

Parma should sign Valeri Bojinov from City in the next week or so.

Cheers mate.

Apparently Fulham are looking to sign Senderos, according to the Mirror, I am surprised that we are looking to still sign players when the managers future is in doubt.

Have to disagree with you there.

Schwazer could play for another three years easily and he is top class. He makes few mistakes, has a great command of his area and I'll even use the cliche that I hate the most when talking about a goalkeeper, he's a great shot stopper.

Will be a big loss for Fulham. We are trying to replace him with Speroni and Green.

Schwarzer is probably at this peak at this second.

However, the other keepers I mentioned are all considered some of the top 5-10 in the world at the very least. With all due respect to Schwarzer who is a very good keeper, I believe that any of those would top him, and would offer Arsenal long-term stability in the position, much longer than 3 years. They are doing what they did with Lehmann. Keepers in their mid-30's could fall "over" so to speak at any given time. Who is to say that Schwarzer can reproduce the same form again next season, or the one after if later?

Cheers mate.

Apparently Fulham are looking to sign Senderos, according to the Mirror, I am surprised that we are looking to still sign players when the managers future is in doubt.

In that case Woy is doing a Christien Dailly on you.

Schwarzer is probably at this peak at this second.

However, the other keepers I mentioned are all considered some of the top 5-10 in the world at the very least. With all due respect to Schwarzer who is a very good keeper, I believe that any of those would top him, and would offer Arsenal long-term stability in the position, much longer than 3 years. They are doing what they did with Lehmann. Keepers in their mid-30's could fall "over" so to speak at any given time. Who is to say that Schwarzer can reproduce the same form again next season, or the one after if later?

Fair points, but I think it would be silly to spend 20 million plus on a keeper when you can get a keeper just as good for a fraction of the price.

In that case Woy is doing a Christien Dailly on you.

Senderos woud be a great acquitision. Assuming he won't be up against strong players or players who can jump. Or run fast. Or run medium-fast. Or players who can dribble or Players who give him a hard stare.

Archived