BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Senderos woud be a great acquitision. Assuming he won't be up against strong players or players who can jump. Or run fast. Or run medium-fast. Or players who can dribble or Players who give him a hard stare.

Well atleast he would be cheap to acquire. Wages might be a bit steep for the return thou.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal have very high hopes for Wojciech Szczesny, he's only 20 but has a cap for Poland already and was brilliant at Brentford last season by all accounts.

If Wenger believes he's their future number one (he has gone on record a few times as saying he thinks he will be) then bringing in Schwarzer for a few years makes perfect sense. I've heard the guy in interviews before and he's incredibly confident, match that with athleticism and being 6'5 and he appears to have everything.

As with Friedel, Schwarzer's improved with age. He's definitely got at least another couple of seasons left in him so I wouldn't go as far as calling it a stop-gap measure, especially considering that Arsenal are slipping down the ranks. IMO he's currently the best keeper outside of United, Chelsea and Citeh.

You're forgetting Reina at Liverpool, otherwise I'm inclined to agree.

Sheikh Khalifa? He is the President of the UAE and older brother of the owner of Man City.

If its the same person.

Lets put it this way, the money comes from the same pot, so to speak. I would have thought a bit of conflict of interest may exist, but who am I to say anything! :P

Sheikh Khalifa? He is the President of the UAE and older brother of the owner of Man City.

If its the same person.

Lets put it this way, the money comes from the same pot, so to speak. I would have thought a bit of conflict of interest may exist, but who am I to say anything! :P

Apparently the Premier League are in favour, if that's the right term, of him taking control.

If its the same person.

I heard it from a friend from Dubai.

Anyway looks like their must be some truth in it Krap talk

Of course the Premier League will be in favour of the Abu Dhabi family taking over another club. It'll ensure all the Liverpool glory supporters in Singapore and Seattle will have a team to watch. Its hard to sell foreign TV rights when one of the most recognised teams are faltering to a standstill, whilst another is a breath away from implosion.

The fit and proper person test is useless. I'm sure I could hire a Rolls Royce for a day, give it large like Alan Sugar and be able to pass the test and 'own' Stoke City at least.

Of course the Premier League will be in favour of the Abu Dhabi family taking over another club. It'll ensure all the Liverpool glory supporters in Singapore and Seattle will have a team to watch. Its hard to sell foreign TV rights when one of the most recognised teams are faltering to a standstill, whilst another is a breath away from implosion.

The fit and proper person test is useless. I'm sure I could hire a Rolls Royce for a day, give it large like Alan Sugar and be able to pass the test and 'own' Stoke City at least.

Their owner is well-off though. Not rolling in it rich but very well-off.

Does that matter? Portsmouth was owned by the 'fake Sheikh' for a while, and he had no money. Personally, Hicks and Gillette (the best a scouse can get) are doing a fine job and should stick to their £800m asking price.

I just want to the a G14 club suffer I suppose.

Does that matter? Portsmouth was owned by the 'fake Sheikh' for a while, and he had no money. Personally, Hicks and Gillette (the best a scouse can get) are doing a fine job and should stick to their £800m asking price.

I just want to the a G14 club suffer I suppose.

Sorry I wasn't clear there. You suggested you could "own Stoke" Wrong club to pick on. It's their owner who is well-off and genuine.

Fulham sign Senderos.

I think that one could work out pretty well actually. Hangeland was also considered a slow oaf until he moved to Fulham, if Hodgson can make opposition teams play to Senderos strengths he can be quite good. If he stays, that is...

I think that one could work out pretty well actually. Hangeland was also considered a slow oaf until he moved to Fulham, if Hodgson can make opposition teams play to Senderos strengths he can be quite good. If he stays, that is...

Agreed. Possible salvo job there could be worth its weight in gold.

Always supposing Villa don't take a fancy to Woy.

Sould think, though, Villa will have Friedel and Warnock singing the praises of Hughes and his mates whom, I believe, are still unemployed.

Although looking through a few twitter feeds from Liverpool journalists and they seem to think that Roy had a day long meeting with Liverpool today and expect an announcement tommorow.

Back to panic stations :lol:

Although looking through a few twitter feeds from Liverpool journalists and they seem to think that Roy had a day long meeting with Liverpool today and expect an announcement tommorow.

Back to panic stations :lol:

I don't think you need worry ffan. I just don't see Liverpool going for Hodgson. He's too old for them and hasn't done anything to warrant such a top job - IMO.

Always supposing Villa don't take a fancy to Woy.

Sould think, though, Villa will have Friedel and Warnock singing the praises of Hughes and his mates whom, I believe, are still unemployed.

O'Neill and to Liverpool and Hughes to Villa looks like a perfect match all round really.

If Lerner wants to operate Villa as a trading club, whilst still being prepared to invest where appropriate, there is probably no-one better for them than Sparky.

Archived