BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I don't think you need worry ffan. I just don't see Liverpool going for Hodgson. He's too old for them and hasn't done anything to warrant such a top job - IMO.

I'm very worried to be honest. I agree with the end bit of your comment but he's flavour of the month and the media seem to be urging the deal to go through, unfortunately.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hughes went to Villa I dont see Samba displacing what they have in defence, Villa have a good defence, a cracking set of English players and a major problem for HuGHES. THEY WOULD HAVE TO RE-EDUCate HIM IN THE ART OF FOOTBALL !!

Sunderland lining up a bid in for Eagles, 1m.

I'd take a punt on him at that price.

Eagles couldn't even get a starting place in the dingles' relegation set up. Classic not good enough for the Prem flatterer that lad- ideal buy for Sunderland. Come on, get Bruce to pay more dingles, you know you want to. :)

Eagles couldn't even get a starting place in the dingles' relegation set up. Classic not good enough for the Prem flatterer that lad- ideal buy for Sunderland. Come on, get Bruce to pay more dingles, you know you want to. :)

I won't argue the point with you, but he only missed 4 games were he failed to get on the green stuff.

Time will tell then if Coyle has an eye for a good footballer.

With the right players around him, he will improve.

Wow, Chelsea are going to need to make some huge investment in midfield next season if that info's right. Cole, Ballack, and Deco all leaving and Essien having been out injured all season. I'm surprised they're letting Ballack go.

Still have Essien, Mikel, Lampard, Kalou, Malouda - thats before they even sign anyone!! With £200k shaved off the budget by letting Cole & Ballack go...

King Kenny withdraws from Panel & wants job

Rafa confirmed by Inter

Last week £6m compo, now he gets a nice new tasty contract!!!

Must have been running the rest of the world side at the weekend made his mind up. :lol: He did look happy though.

Joe Cole and Michael Ballack released by Chelsea.

Unreal. That simply shows the gap in money between our Rovers and other top teams in the same division. When you see us struggling to sign a quality midfielder and striker while Chelski can just release two world beaters, makes every season we don't get relegated a success in it of itself.

That being said; Sign up Joey C immediately, if not before. Then Guti. :tu::rover:

Wow, Chelsea are going to need to make some huge investment in midfield next season if that info's right. Cole, Ballack, and Deco all leaving and Essien having been out injured all season. I'm surprised they're letting Ballack go.

Dunno whats wrong with Joe Cole, he's a superb player. Likely has a personality problem.

Deco and Ballack are past their sell by dates at top level.

Joe Cole is greedy and Chelsea have simply stood up to him!! Fair play for that!

Why should they up his 80k a week wages to 100k when he has been injured so much!? Good to see a club stand up to a player, no matter how good he is!

Dunno whats wrong with Joe Cole, he's a superb player. Likely has a personality problem.

Deco and Ballack are past their sell by dates at top level.

I agree, he'd be a huge asset to any side in this division, as he is to the national team.

I wasn't surprised at him being let go though, because he wants regular football and has been reported as signing for another team for weeks now.

I hope he goes to Arsenal myself.

Joe Cole is greedy and Chelsea have simply stood up to him!! Fair play for that!

Why should they up his 80k a week wages to 100k when he has been injured so much!? Good to see a club stand up to a player, no matter how good he is!

When Ballack is reportedly on between £110-130k, you can't really blame him!

He won't get that much elsewhere, not for a second, so he must be moving more for the promise of first team football.

He got one long-term injury, but he's recovered from that and hasn't had any subsequent injuries. Prior to this season, his injury record has been very good.

Is Benitez the luckiest man on the planet? £6m pay off for ###### up Liverpool and then he walks straight into another top job on big money.

I'll never understand how he does it, the only thing that makes me feel a little better is that he'll only get £3m from the Scousers as he's walked straight into a new job.

Kenny for Liverpool? Still dont understand why he left first time and then left us when we both were top of the tree..

Because it's much harder to sustain that winning than it is to do it in the first place. You win once, especially at a club like Liverpool and it has to be just the start of a several year winning run. Managers like ferguson thrive on doing just that - keeping tearing down and rebuilding - but obviously Dalglish didn't.

Kenny for Liverpool? Still dont understand why he left first time and then left us when we both were top of the tree..

I think the beginning of the end at BRFC was when he was refused £9m for Zidane and Dugarry. An action that Jack Walker stated later was a huge mistake. Prem history was massively changed by that cos those two playing alongside Shearer would have made us virtually unstoppable and a much bigger threat in Europe to boot. Oh well. Que sera sera as they say. :angry2:

Well its the Mourinho theory isn't it? You leave whilst you are on the top.

Going into Inter now Benitez has no chance of being able to even match the feat of last season, therefore he will be a failure. All managers do is leave whilst they are on the top and they are the messiah, rather than have a long drawn out decent from the top to the bottom, which would have happened to Kenny with us. Instead Kidd got the blame :rover:

Well its the Mourinho theory isn't it? You leave whilst you are on the top.

Going into Inter now Benitez has no chance of being able to even match the feat of last season, therefore he will be a failure. All managers do is leave whilst they are on the top and they are the messiah, rather than have a long drawn out decent from the top to the bottom, which would have happened to Kenny with us. Instead Kidd got the blame :rover:

A certain whisky loving Scot would disagree with you there.

Let's not forget that Mourinho actually left Chelsea because they started to do poorly, he didn't leave on a high.

Archived