BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest, do you know much about the Fabregas situation? Ordinarily, I'd have thought they'd be forced to sell, but if Wenger can convince Fabregas that they're finally spending big, then maybe he'll stay?

Only really what I read but it seems he wants out, not sure keeping a player that wants to be elsewhere is good for morale. Didn't Henry sulk for his last season there? Tottenham had the same situation with Berbatov, think when a player wants out you might as well sell for top money and replace.

On another note one of the Arsenal sites had a bit about Walcott not being happy in the way Wenger treats him and also wants a move. Still think he is a better player through the middle than down the wing but with Van Persie there he'll always be second fiddle. He has pace and a good finish but can't cross a ball so why both Arsenal and England play him wide is beyond me.

Only really what I read but it seems he wants out, not sure keeping a player that wants to be elsewhere is good for morale. Didn't Henry sulk for his last season there? Tottenham had the same situation with Berbatov, think when a player wants out you might as well sell for top money and replace.

On another note one of the Arsenal sites had a bit about Walcott not being happy in the way Wenger treats him and also wants a move. Still think he is a better player through the middle than down the wing but with Van Persie there he'll always be second fiddle. He has pace and a good finish but can't cross a ball so why both Arsenal and England play him wide is beyond me.

Walcott is playing 5,000 miles from the touchline for England after his reported fail training session with Capello.

I agree it does look like Febregas wants out so he will go- big blow to Arsenal and the PL but the thick end of £60m should soften it a bit for the Gooners.

Barcelona wont pay anything close to 60 million pounds. I think 38-42 million pounds will be the range.

Well they might have problems persuading l'Arse to break the contract then. Not saying they won't but it would get nasty.

Reading the previous pages, i'd be fine with MON going off to Liverpool and us getting Hughes, we might actually play some good footy and sign some none-overpriced players. That's the dream anyway.

I hear though that were Martin O'Neill to leave Villa it would be Hodgson/Moyes who we'd go for.

Reading the previous pages, i'd be fine with MON going off to Liverpool and us getting Hughes, we might actually play some good footy and sign some none-overpriced players. That's the dream anyway.

I hear though that were Martin O'Neill to leave Villa it would be Hodgson/Moyes who we'd go for.

Both are excellent candidates IMO, although I can't see Moyes leaving Everton for a club of similar stature. Hodgson could well be a viable option now that Inter have appointed Benitez but, again, I'm not sure if he'd consider moving unless it were for a Champions League club or a big name.

Hughes would be perfect for Villa though. I'd like to see him back in management, because I don't think he was given a fair chance at City.

If they can keep Fabregas and sort out the defence, then they'll look good for a title challenge.

They are supposedly after Koscielny from Lorient to help them do that but Lorient want about 15million euros for him. Not expensive but still a fair bit for a player who has had one really good season with Lorient.

I wish MON would go back to Scotland so I don't have to hear his whiny little voice. It would be good to see Hughes back in management just to see how he does really, thought he was a bit hard done by at Citeh, it's not as though Mancini came in and did a whole lot better in my opinion.

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world who isn't keen o O'Neill. I find him creepy. He has that intense way of speaking in that softly creepy voice that really gives me goosebumps. Don't know how good a manager he is, either in that the only place he's done really well was with Celtic and we all know it's either them or Rangers who win the league, but his interviews scare me.

Debateable as our defence was absolutely bloody awful last season.

I agree. Clarke's exalted reputation as a coach was probably gained by association with Mourinho and Abromovich. Right place at the right time. I'm not saying he's a bad coach but given the level playing field of WHU he didn't exactly shine did he? WHU have far better players than their performance of last season suggested. He does now have a big question mark hanging over his abilities imo.

I agree. Clarke's exalted reputation as a coach was probably gained by association with Mourinho and Abromovich. Right place at the right time. I'm not saying he's a bad coach but given the level playing field of WHU he didn't exactly shine did he? WHU have far better players than their performance of last season suggested. He does now have a big question mark hanging over his abilities imo.

I agree, and its interesting that Grant didn't want to keep him on as they worked together at Chelsea.

I can see him getting a championship job as he has made no secrets about the fact he wants to manage.

Good luck to him and Zola, very happy they have sorted out Zola's contract as last thing we need is another court case.....

I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world who isn't keen o O'Neill. I find him creepy. He has that intense way of speaking in that softly creepy voice that really gives me goosebumps. Don't know how good a manager he is, either in that the only place he's done really well was with Celtic and we all know it's either them or Rangers who win the league, but his interviews scare me.

You are not the only person. Definitely creepy fellow, that. *shudder*

Just goes to show the cloud cuckoo land that the dildo twins live in.

I am almost certain that wham are just being gobby by suggesting they have a chance. Truth is they can hardly attract the likes of Henry or Cole when they are signing marquee players like fatty McCarthy and the like.

O'Neill is intense, competitive and was set for a law career until Forest gave him his chance. There's nothing "creepy" about him; it's called intelligence.

I know plenty of other very intelligent people who are creepy. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. It's the way he speaks and the intensity of his looks that make him creepy. I'm perfectly prepared to accept that he's probably a nice guy to know - didn't he stop managing when his wife was ill? - just don't like watching his interviews.

I know plenty of other very intelligent people who are creepy. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. It's the way he speaks and the intensity of his looks that make him creepy. I'm perfectly prepared to accept that he's probably a nice guy to know - didn't he stop managing when his wife was ill? - just don't like watching his interviews.

Cant stand O'Neill, his touchline antics wind me up a treat. Good to see that Villa fan Tom has acknowledged that O'Neill's teams play awful football as well.

Archived