BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

I would rather have 2 of the bigest tossers as owners than some no mark johnny foreigners who know nothing about the club or football...... ;)

Yeah who would want one of them....

Eggert-Magnusson_1497795c.jpg

or even two of them....

gudmundsson-considers-selling-415x275.jpg

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players should be more worried about their abysmal performances last season that G & S getting involved, if they actually put the effort in the owners wouldn't have to get involved.

Not the players they intend to sign, a player needs to know who his manager is and if a particular player satisfies the manager, end of story, shouldnt be those two clowns getting involved, its wrong and they should do the business side of the club and leave football alone.

Exactly.

G & S are a pair of tossers but at least they understand the club and football.

Gave me a skint brit to some no mark foreigner any day of the week.

But do they really? If you are £110 million in debt and the owners are complaining about the wage levels is it advisable to offer £100K a week for a 33 year old striker or offer £120K a week to a 34 year old striker (RVN), these sort of maths figures should scare you.

But do they really? If you are £110 million in debt and the owners are complaining about the wage levels is it advisable to offer £100K a week for a 33 year old striker or offer £120K a week to a 34 year old striker (RVN), these sort of maths figures should scare you.

They would work out cheaper than giving Benni McCarthy £50K week and a 3 1/2 year deal plus a £2.5 Million transfer fee.

G & S will reduce the wage bill, but we are a team that by rights should have been relegated with the points total we achieved. We need investment in the team otherwise we will be down there again and maybe not be so lucky.

Speaking of the wage bill looks like there is a good chance Riquelme will be coming.... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6207735,00.html

They would work out cheaper than giving Benni McCarthy £50K week and a 3 1/2 year deal plus a £2.5 Million transfer fee.

G & S will reduce the wage bill, but we are a team that by rights should have been relegated with the points total we achieved. We need investment in the team otherwise we will be down there again and maybe not be so lucky.

Speaking of the wage bill looks like there is a good chance Riquelme will be coming.... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6207735,00.html

Shame he isnt going to Blackburn.. personally I reckon we could get the best out of him.. last thing wham need is another player who likes his night life..

I reckon ge would do well in a smaller town but the bright lights of the city will be too much for him.

McCarthy's transfer was the one player Zola said he needed to keep us up.

That worked out well......

Zola didn't offer him the contract or pay the fee. They would have been within their rights to turn around and say the deal wasn't financially viable and have done in the past. You can't blame Zola for the contract, just the fact that you bought him :lol: It was a great buy though!

Zola didn't offer him the contract or pay the fee. They would have been within their rights to turn around and say the deal wasn't financially viable and have done in the past. You can't blame Zola for the contract, just the fact that you bought him :lol: It was a great buy though!

I agree, I can blame Zola for saying he was the 1 signing he wanted in January to keep us up.... :blink:

Why!? :blink:

No offence, but all that money and they move for him?!

He's been superb for Fulham, Hughesy. Arsenal have also been reported as interested for a number of months. Without the lure of Champions League football, he's one of the best options out there.

I think he'd struggle for a game at City though - Toure, Kompany and Lescott are already battling for two places.

Maybe one of them is planning to move on, that's the only way a big money move for Hangeland makes sense to me.

I think he'd struggle for a game at City though - Toure, Kompany and Lescott are already battling for two places.

+ Yaya Toure soon on his way (according to some press)

Dont forget that young lad they played a few times last season + the lad they signed from Germany too.

Hangeland has done well for Fulham, but given their current squad & bigger & better resources, I would expect them to aim higher!

Archived