BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't touch him with a bar pole.Always injured!.

don't know how Gartside sleeps at night.

In a hammock apparently.

Roberto, have Juventus pulled out of trying to sign Krasic since they signed Martinez from Catania?

No Juventus and CSKA still talking.Krasic wants to join Juventus,a case of watching this space.Inter and Manchester City would take Krasic if deal cannot be reached.

I think its been documented that Juve went for the "cheaper" option instead. It was never likely that they could afford Krasic anyway. Definitely not worth the 15-20 million Euro tag in my opinion. Lacks that "cutting edge" pace for the Premiership too. I think he is made for the other top leagues, not the PL.

Juventus cannot afford £15 million?

As things stand, Woy will be the new manager of England.

That's the way I see things panning out. Roy will reject Liverpool, take the England job.

Schwazer looks like he's staying though, even though his agent had agreed a deal with le Arse.

Reading last summer's accounts of Man U's talks with Vidic, it was as plainly obvious that he would be leaving OT this summer as it was that RSC would be going the year after he signed his new contract at Rovers.

Where's all this talk of a new England manager come from???

Sorry ffan but I don't think Schwarzer is good enough for Arsenal, he'd be better off staying at Fulham.

Bad performances and some rumblings in the england camp.

Are you joking? Schwarzer was one of the top 3 PL keepers last season. He pulled off some brilliant saves whilst being safe as houses as well.

What have Arsenal currently got? Nothing. Last good keeper they had? Seaman.

Arsenal can afford to go out and buy a top class keeper but they won't. It's just not Wenger's way, he would much rather stick with bringing through Fabianski and Mannone.

Arsenal can afford to go out and buy a top class keeper but they won't. It's just not Wenger's way, he would much rather stick with bringing through Fabianski and Mannone.

Apparently it's the other Polish lad, Szczesny, they're really looking forward to. He's 20, so they'll probably need someone for couple of years, not for 10, which is why they're rumoured to be watching the likes of Schwarzer instead of the likes of Akinfeev or Lloris.

I'd imagine Santa Cruz and Bellamy will be off, leaving Adebayor, Tevez, Dzeko, and Robinho. None of the others mentioned really featured last season anyway.

That's a frightening forward line which will no doubt guarantee Champions league football. Arsenal will be looking over their shoulders a little uneasily.

Bizarre. Bellamy was one of their best players last year - why get rid?

And who is going to match Cruz's 70k a week or whatever it is with his current injury and scoring record?

I'm hearing in the last few hours Nemanja Vidic to Real Madrid.

United continue to sell their jewels off to service the debt.

Would fit Fergusons MO of getting rid of players at the first sign of a slope in their career. Staam, Cole, Beckham, van Nistelrooy...

Yeah but he replaced them with Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy, C Ronaldo and Berbatov....where is he getting the money from this time?

It would probably be another desperate gamble, like Michael Owen.

Either that or he'll have to convince everyone that Chris Smalling is ready.

And at least they have 3M to spend! In fact nearly 10M spent already with Fletcher signing. Beyond our wildest dreams.

Fletcher and Hunt would feature in my nightmares if Rovers signed them for £10m the pair.

Stephen Hunt expected to sign for Wolves this week for 3M.

My memory of Hunt playing at Ewood was when he played for Reading, Tugay was being substituted and did his usual trick of going to the Riverstand side of the pitch, as Tugay slowly walked off, Hunt was behind him pushing him in the back to make him move quicker, I''m pretty sure Hunt got booked for it as well. :lol:

6 gaols and 5 assists in 27 matches last season is hardly a source for nightmares, especially considering who he had around him.

Hunt is a 100% player giving is all for the team.

Olsson's emergence however has now deemed him unnecessary, 6 months ago I would have liked him at Ewood to replace MGP.

6 gaols and 5 assists in 27 matches last season is hardly a source for nightmares, especially considering who he had around him.

Hunt is a 100% player giving is all for the team.

Olsson's emergence however has now deemed him unnecessary, 6 months ago I would have liked him at Ewood to replace MGP.

does this say something about the guy's character? :)

Archived