BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Bad performances and some rumblings in the england camp.

Are you joking? Schwarzer was one of the top 3 PL keepers last season. He pulled off some brilliant saves whilst being safe as houses as well.

What have Arsenal currently got? Nothing. Last good keeper they had? Seaman.

Arsenal can afford to go out and buy a top class keeper but they won't. It's just not Wenger's way, he would much rather stick with bringing through Fabianski and Mannone.

Don't get me wrong he's a very good keeper, but for a team with aspirations of winning the league and the champions league I just don't think he's quite good enough.

If flappyhandski makes a top class keeper I'll do a Waggy!!!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And at least they have 3M to spend! In fact nearly 10M spent already with Fletcher signing. Beyond our wildest dreams.

£10m on TWO bottom end premiership players.... beyond our wildest dreams.... whose having a laugh ?

Bizarre. Bellamy was one of their best players last year - why get rid?

And who is going to match Cruz's 70k a week or whatever it is with his current injury and scoring record?

I'm not advocating it, Joey, I think Bellamy has been excellent at City and that they should keep him, but there's been rumours of a bust up with Mancini, he's spoken of possibly joining Cardiff, and somebody has to move in order to make way for the big name signings. Johnson, Tevez, and Adebayor won't be off, Mancini has said he wants Robinho back next season, and there's talk of Dzeko signing.

I'd imagine Mancini is desperate to get rid of Roque, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan, with City paying some of his wages.

Look at it another way.....They have spent £10m on those 2 players + Signed 2 others....will they finish above us despite spending £10-15m already?! Unlikely!

They're starting from a low base, like Stoke did. I wouldn't think they'd finish above us though.

The money not the players you dope! :P

Theres a saying around here in Blackburn 47er 'that only a fool easily parts with his money' and you're coming across this way.

When money has dried up in this country, you go on a schooolgirl rant about Wolves spending £10m. Please stay cool, keep your nickers on and wait and see what happens rather than react in this way.

2 interesting articles

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has ruled himself out of the running to sign Rangers striker Kris Boyd

Where is he off then?!? :unsure:

Serbia striker Milan Jovanovic has hinted that he might pull out of his move to Liverpool and follow former Reds boss Rafael Benitez to Inter Milan. Jovanovic, whose contract with Standard Liege ended this summer, signed a pre-contract deal with the Anfield club in February

Can he do that?!

Theres a saying around here in Blackburn 47er 'that only a fool easily parts with his money' and you're coming across this way.

When money has dried up in this country, you go on a schooolgirl rant about Wolves spending £10m. Please stay cool, keep your nickers on and wait and see what happens rather than react in this way.

"Schoolgirl rant"? I wrote about 5 words!!

And its knickers by the way

I wouldnt value both of Wolves signings at worth more than 4-5 million. If we signed them for 10 million, I would have gone crazy.

Allow me to add my total agreement with that. Its not my fault Jal totally failed to follow a simple post.

Can he do that?!

Yes pre contract agreements are not legally binding.

Not sure he would get a game at Inter.Inter want Mascherano,Elano and Eljaro Elia for the midfield.

Marco Branca,Piero Ausilio and Gabriele Oriali decide who plays for Inter not the manager,even though he will have a say.

Not sure he would get a game at Inter.Inter want Mascherano,Elano and Eljaro Elia for the midfield.

Marco Branca,Piero Ausilio and Gabriele Oriali decide who plays for Inter not the manager,even though he will have a say.

Why does he want Mascherano, when he has Cambiasso? Elano well can't say he's ever been great either. I'm surprised Inter don't want Sanchez instead, he looks good.

Are Inter about to be disposed with Rafa's cracking transfer buys?? Surely Inter have enough defensive like mid-fielders already.

Not so sure about that. We signed Hamman on a pre-contract he then changed his mind and we "sold" him to City for 400K without him having played or formally joined us.

It could well be that Liverpool can demand a fee for him if he has signed a pre-contract.

The manager usually gets to sign 1 player of this own in Italy when he first arrives,then the sports director picks the players.

A manager in Italy has no control over which players get signed.

Like Billy says it is Zanetti's final season at Inter,Dejan Stankovic isn't getting any younger either,they have just sold the highly overated Ricardo Quaresma to Besiktas Istanbul,Sulley Muntari has been offered around to most English Premier league clubs by agents working for Inter.Alan Nixon will surely know if any English clubs are interested in Muntari.So there are midfield places which need filling.

Inter have been keen on Elano even before he went to Shakhtar Donetsk.Moratti has always been a big fan.

In Italy a player can default on a Pre-contract agreement right up until he signs his proper contract.Thought England was the same.

I think some people are underestimating Wolves for next season. They will 'do a Stoke' IMO. Never really look like getting relegated, but never looking like getting anywhere near Europe.

Stephen Hunt is a very underrated player. He gives 100% all of the time, tracks back well, helps out his defenders a lot. Comes back and steals the ball a lot on the edge of the penalty area and gets it clear comfortably. Chips in with goals and assists. As someone mentioned, 6 goals and 5 assists in 27 games, about 8 of those games he was playing with a broken foot, having pain-killing injections.

The reason the fee is so small is that Wolves have apparently paid £3million upfront and will pay an extra £500k after X amount of appearances.

The bargain of the summer though is Wolves capture of Stephen Mouyokolo for £2.5million. Phil Brown had one of his ego spazz-outs and left him on 'the naughty step' for half the season. He was then brought back in when injuries mounted up and he was solid in every game. Had players like Drogba and Tevez in his back pocket.

I honestly believe after next season, next summer he'll be a full French international and will end up at Arsenal for a daft fee in the region of £8-10million. He is that good.

Oh, and not Prem, but linked in, sort of. Is Nicko back off his hols yet? was just wondering if he has a tip for the Hull City managers job - anything worth a trip to the bookies? Mowbray, Hart, Dave Jones & Gary Speed are the front runner. David O'Leary was spotted in Hull, too.

Oh, and not Prem, but linked in, sort of. Is Nicko back off his hols yet? was just wondering if he has a tip for the Hull City managers job - anything worth a trip to the bookies? Mowbray, Hart, Dave Jones & Gary Speed are the front runner. David O'Leary was spotted in Hull, too.

He's back and on here. Saw his reply on the takeover thread

Archived