BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not PL but I didn't think this was worthy of its own thread.

Anyway, this is a nice little story -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8138203.stm

I've heard about Hoddle's academy out there but thats the first time I can recall reading about a player signing for a good sized club off the back of some time there.

Am I alone in thinking Terry isn't actually all that special? He seems to make a lot of erros but they get classed as uncharacteristic even though they are frequent.

Also Abbey I'm shocked to hear you would sell out the company for merely double the money after the glorious way they treat their employees :P

would that be the one that treated me like a scumbag,the one that froze my wage whilst mr fat cat gets a 350,000 bonus,the one that wants to shaft us on shifts and ranks. and tupe us off..your right id just jack if i found something better.

He can play both roles, but is surely going to be a winger permanently at Chelsea, I'll be surprised if he's back-up to Cole. I don't think its the end of Cole either Ancelotti has been know to play with two attacking central players.

They do already, Lamps and Ballack

Chelsea would be crazy to sell Joe Cole. Alongside the likes of Arshavin and Ashley Young, he's one of the best left sided playes in the Premier League.

They also have Malouda, so one the two must be on their way out.

His main position is left back so I would think more like Bosingwa will be going?

Bosingwa is a right back. <_<

And Zhirkov is mostly a left midfielder, while Joe Cole is naturally a central player.

So no need for anyone to leave!

Joe Cole has played wide left for as long as I can remember. Also, I'm not sure where he'd fit in alongside the likes of Lampard, Ballack, Essien and Obi Mikel.

Well with a manager who likes using central attacking player like cole we might see him in the middle.

We'll see. He was central at West Ham.

Well with a manager who likes using central attacking player like cole we might see him in the middle.

We'll see. He was central at West Ham.

He was also relatively poor at West Ham, his career only took off when he moved out wide.

He has played as often on the right side for Chelsea as he has the left, his position in the squad isn't under threat at all. They're not exactly blessed with wide players, Anelka was playing wide right last season.

Joe Cole has played wide left for as long as I can remember. Also, I'm not sure where he'd fit in alongside the likes of Lampard, Ballack, Essien and Obi Mikel.

Ancelloti regularly played with 4 central players in AC Milan, so there is every chance we may see a diamond formation, also 2 of their central midfilerders will be away for 4-6 weeks due to the ACL...

Zhirkov will provide another attacking option in that he is the only naturally left-footed player in Chelsea's midfield..

Unless it's a move abroad I'd imagine that Cole would be Wenger's type of player.

I agree that he's Wenger's type of player. However, I think Chelsea would demand a pretty exhorbitant fee from their London rival and Arsenal do seem to be collecting midfielders these days.

Archived