BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard a hilarious rumour -

Roy Hodgson is looking to bring in former Liverpool player Paul Ince as his assistant manager at Liverpool. Apparently Ince was his captain at Inter Milan. I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say that this would be the funniest thing that could happen all Summer!!!

:lol:

We always knew you would make it to the top Incey!!

Heard a hilarious rumour -

Roy Hodgson is looking to bring in former Liverpool player Paul Ince as his assistant manager at Liverpool. Apparently Ince was his captain at Inter Milan. I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say that this would be the funniest thing that could happen all Summer!!!

:lol:

We always knew you would make it to the top Incey!!

Please let this happen! I don't wish any ill will on Woy but a sudden illness like Houllier had or even a disastrous run in the league and Incey would be in the driving seat!!! :lol:

Bolton have made a cracking signing in Martin Petrov, then go and kibosh it by signing ex-dingle Bobby Blake. The later looks like a deal looking after old mates.

Maybe Blake could be relegated with three different clubs by the end of next season!

Re the Petrov deal, a Notlober colleague of mine has said he's heard a rumour from a contact within the club that Petrov has signed a £75k/week 2 year deal before bonus!

Please that Woy has been appointed, unless they throw big money at it then I cant see him being a success their!!

I reckon we'll see Liverpool moving for Zamora soon, Liverpool a suitable understudy for Torres who is capable of playing the lone striker role.

I wonder who Fulham will get? If they get Hughes then they've probably done the best bit of business that will take place all summer.

Bolton have made a cracking signing in Martin Petrov, then go and kibosh it by signing ex-dingle Bobby Blake. The later looks like a deal looking after old mates.

Maybe Blake could be relegated with three different clubs by the end of next season!

Re the Petrov deal, a Notlober colleague of mine has said he's heard a rumour from a contact within the club that Petrov has signed a £75k/week 2 year deal before bonus!

I think some folk must have overactive imaginations!

<_<

I think some folk must have overactive imaginations!

<_<

He's heavily involved in the club and has good sources. I don't usually take much notice of the rumour mill but this lad knows his stuff about notlob.

It seems Coyle see's him worth a good few million as Sam did with MGP.

He's heavily involved in the club and has good sources. I don't usually take much notice of the rumour mill but this lad knows his stuff about notlob.

It seems Coyle see's him worth a good few million as Sam did with MGP.

I'm sure we're paying him handsomely, but I seriously doubt its anything like 75K a week. Owen was in the press recently saying we couldn't get anywhere near matching Klasnic's 60K a week he is on at Nantes to bring him back.

Either way, Petrov has gotten Bolton fans excited again, something that in itself is worthwhile after the past few seasons with little other than dour struggle to look forwards to!

Still, it's a good coup for any club at our level. I wouldn't care too much about how much Petrov was being paid - quality is desperately needed at Bolton, given the dross that Meggers signed.

Petrov will do well for you.

I agree, although Megson for all his faults actually made a few decent buys.

Elmander aside his big money buys, Cahill, Taylor, Muamba have all worked out well and he did unearth Lee Chung Yong.

His main failing was spending too much on what I'd class as "also rans" players that potentially could do a job but wouldn't necessarily improve you in any great way.

Shittu 2M

Knight 4.5M

Ricketts 2M

Robinson 1M

Riga Free

Lot of money there for us a couple of those might have been ok but we ended up with too many!

And then of course there was Elmander!!

I'm sure we're paying him handsomely, but I seriously doubt its anything like 75K a week. Owen was in the press recently saying we couldn't get anywhere near matching Klasnic's 60K a week he is on at Nantes to bring him back.

Either way, Petrov has gotten Bolton fans excited again, something that in itself is worthwhile after the past few seasons with little other than dour struggle to look forwards to!

I'm sure he has, I'd have loved to see him in a Rovers shirt this season.

I'm sure he has, I'd have loved to see him in a Rovers shirt this season.

Either way we're much in the same boat as you that unless we sign some sort of striker ideally two, one who can finish and one with some pace, we're going to struggle for goals again, Petrov or no Petrov!

And it seems like strikers are in short supply as ever!!

I know we are chuckling at Robbie Blake going to Bolton but he did a job for Coyle at t'Turf and was one of perhaps only three dingles who looked in any way OK in Premier League company.

He will need watching if he gets onto the pitch against us.

I know we are chuckling at Robbie Blake going to Bolton but he did a job for Coyle at t'Turf and was one of perhaps only three dingles who looked in any way OK in Premier League company.

Hopefully our defenders wont stand by and watch as he spanks one past Robbo like they did the last time. The most uncomfortable 4 minutes of my life.

Funnily enough most Bolton fans first reaction to Blake was along the lines of what the fu...

However, since then I think folk are warming to the idea as he's better than anything we've had on our bench last season to come on and turn games in the last 20 minutes. And on a free, its now being considered pretty good business.

Of course had Megson signed him there would have been folk with burning pitchforks stood outside the Reebok or sommat like that :glare:

Archived