[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 123 would be:

1)Jol

2)Hughes

3)Sven

Jol above Hughes...really? Jol had shed loads of money to spend at Spurs and his hardly doing well in Holland...Steve McClaren managed to get Twente to finish above his Ajax team!

For a club like Fulham I'd have Hughes so far above everyone else that it wouldn't even be worth putting them in the list.

Is there a link out there which displays which players have joined new clubs? I'm losing track which players have moved.

BBC keeps track of domestic transfers - June, July

Funnily enough most Bolton fans first reaction to Blake was along the lines of what the fu...

However, since then I think folk are warming to the idea as he's better than anything we've had on our bench last season to come on and turn games in the last 20 minutes. And on a free, its now being considered pretty good business.

Of course had Megson signed him there would have been folk with burning pitchforks stood outside the Reebok or sommat like that :glare:

I've no doubt you are a quality poster whiteinpeace and I welcome your occasional input but don't you think you are overdoing it on here a bit? As our local's old landlord used to sat at 11.s0pm..... Have you no home to go to? :)

Jol above Hughes...really? Jol had shed loads of money to spend at Spurs and his hardly doing well in Holland...Steve McClaren managed to get Twente to finish above his Ajax team!

For a club like Fulham I'd have Hughes so far above everyone else that it wouldn't even be worth putting them in the list.

I just remember Jols Tottenham playing really nice stuff, but I'm just living in fantasy land as we will never get him.

I just hope, fingers crossed, that we do get Hughes.

Does he give youngsters a chance?

I've no doubt you are a quality poster whiteinpeace and I welcome your occasional input but don't you think you are overdoing it on here a bit? As our local's old landlord used to sat at 11.s0pm..... Have you no home to go to? :)

Looks as though you should have heeded his advise, perhaps even gone a little earlier. :D

A manager who I think would do very well at Fulham is Jurgen Kilnsmann. Some may argue he under-achieved with Bayern Munich but I just feel he could do a real job there for a lower profile team with lesser expectations. In fact, if Sam was to leave ourselves, he'd certainly be a name I would be happy taking over at our club.

Worth a few quid at 50/1 I wonder??

I just remember Jols Tottenham playing really nice stuff, but I'm just living in fantasy land as we will never get him.

I just hope, fingers crossed, that we do get Hughes.

Does he give youngsters a chance?

He didn't really have a record of giving youngsters a chance, but then you could argue that he didn't really have any that could make an impact, the ones that have made an impact since he departed probably wouldn't have been ready a couple of years ago, a few like Doran and Treacey, Olsson etc were given chances though so I guess it's more of a case of he will if they are good enough and if they can't cut it he's not one to persist with them.

I think I'll put a few quid on Hughes, he has a decent track record, I don't really class his Citeh stint as a failure, should Fulham be interested I can't see him turning it down, he's unlikely to get a better offer for some time otherwise in my opinion.

Edit: Just backed him at 6-1 on William Hill.

He didn't really have a record of giving youngsters a chance, but then you could argue that he didn't really have any that could make an impact, the ones that have made an impact since he departed probably wouldn't have been ready a couple of years ago, a few like Doran and Treacey, Olsson etc were given chances though so I guess it's more of a case of he will if they are good enough and if they can't cut it he's not one to persist with them.

I think I'll put a few quid on Hughes, he has a decent track record, I don't really class his Citeh stint as a failure, should Fulham be interested I can't see him turning it down, he's unlikely to get a better offer for some time otherwise in my opinion.

Edit: Just backed him at 6-1 on William Hill.

Cheers mate.

All I really remember from Hughes time at Rovers is that he was very good in the transfer market.

Paulo Sousa would be a good choice for Fulham. He's an intelligent young manager and his teams play attractive football. Sousa would be my choice if Sam was to leave.

I thought he played 4-5-1 with Kuqi as a lone front man?

I must admit I don't follow that division as much as I used to, but all I ever heard about Swansea was them being hard to beat but not scoring many.

edit: Did a bit of research: http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&Code=EC&statType= Look at the goals scored column!

I think you may be mistaking Sousa with someone else, pretty they ain't.

Few tit bits from my man in the smoke has passed on to me over a very enjoyable meal tonight,

1. Fab may now stay at Arsenal as his is not convinced he'd actually get in Barca's front side

2. Joe Cole is close to joining Harry at Tottenham over a move to Arsenal

3. Stevie G has asked Roy to let him go to Real who have offered £20m. Wants out quickly before all the stories are released in the press which currently have injunction on them.

4. Arsenal have made moves also for Pepe Reina (£15m) and Jagielka (£10m), now that Roy is at Liverpool it may be that once Arsenal bound Schwartzer will replace Reina and Reina is keen to link up with his good mate Fab at Arsenal

Not sure what Liverpool fans will make of this and is bound to make Roy somewhat unpopular from word go.

Also my mate said Arsenal's spending won't stop there. They are worried about how much Tottenham closed the gap on them last season and now how much City are spending. They don't want to be the next Liverpool.

Harry will also start his wheeling and dealing next week with at least 4 big names to depart as he clears the decks and Kjaer is expected to be the next to arrive he also wants a top notch Striker but looks like he has missed out on Dzeko who did look 100% certain to join City but don't be shocked if City rivals United come in with a late bid, they may not be able to compete with City's money but the player may choose United as they are the bigger club.

Wish he knew something about Rovers but he did pick up the bill for the meal!

I would never question other Journalists work,but seeing he's an agent.

Reckon Barcelona sign him before window shuts.

Reckon Gerrard stays at Liverpool.

Schwartzer go's to Arsenal.

Kjaer's been in talks with Bayern and Wolfsburg the last 2 days,so Harry better get a rattle on and actually bid.

Tottenham never bid for Dzeko,he is going to City providing fee can be agreed,Player has already agreed deal with city.4 year deal.Juventus the only other team to show true interested.

United match Cities £32 million upfront offer?.

Jagielka to Arsenal maybe true,I haven't got a clue though,One for Mr Nixon.

Milner joins City too.Toure seems to have got lost,but he'll turn up soon.

5 teams have bid for Kolarov,City one of them,now up to the player to decide.

Archived