BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. Arsenal have made moves also for Pepe Reina (£15m) and Jagielka (£10m), now that Roy is at Liverpool it may be that once Arsenal bound Schwartzer will replace Reina and Reina is keen to link up with his good mate Fab at Arsenal

Roy says he can't buy players from Fulham.

I thought he played 4-5-1 with Kuqi as a lone front man?

I must admit I don't follow that division as much as I used to, but all I ever heard about Swansea was them being hard to beat but not scoring many.

edit: Did a bit of research: http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&Code=EC&statType= Look at the goals scored column!

I think you may be mistaking Sousa with someone else, pretty they ain't.

Whenever I've seen them play, they play good football on the deck. They obviously don't have enough firepower up front, case in point Shefki Kuqi.

Here's a quote from Sean O'Driscoll: during Doncaster's play-off against Swansea:

"You don't get near the play-offs unless you are a good side and Swansea play football the right way."

For all the talk of PL stars leaving the League, the first significant move is inwards.

Wonder if it will stay that way?

Yaya Toure's form has been going downwards. He havent as far as I know featured much for Barcelona last season, because of the introduction of Sergio Busquets.

Good player.... Liverpool's second best player after Torres. Woy could have done with him staying.

If Gerrard and Reina go, Woys onto a loser straight away. Plus Kuyt thinks hes on the move aswell some interesting times at Liverpool and all for the love of a foreign owner. :o

Very good signing for Chelsea. Great squad player at the worst. Low fee. Liverpool would have to spend at least twice that much to find someone of similar quality. Why did they sell him?

To balance the books I'd expect. Just like we had to sell Fred Pickering, Mike England, Keith Newton........... Shearer, Hendry, Le saux, Duff, RSC etc etc etc.........

Until things change Liverpool I'd imagine are a selling club whose owners are being dictated by financial necessity.

Very good signing for Chelsea. Great squad player at the worst. Low fee. Liverpool would have to spend at least twice that much to find someone of similar quality. Why did they sell him?

One rumour is that the prospective new owners didn't like his ethnicity.

Yaya Toure's form has been going downwards. He havent as far as I know featured much for Barcelona last season, because of the introduction of Sergio Busquets.

...which has been heavily disputed. The general consensus seems to be that Yaya T is the better player, but Busquets plays because he's Catalonian and therefore makes good PR.

One rumour is that the prospective new owners didn't like his ethnicity.

That would be the juiciest story this year.

what on earth will the city midfield be? has Barrys summer just gotten worse..won't get near the 1st team surely.

Gotta love city for just making transfer windows interesting.

Silva...Toure....Ireland..Johnson 1ST TEAM

Wright-Philips.....Barry....De Jong.......Bellamy RESERVES

Weiss.......Viera....Johnson......Robinho WASHED UP/PAST IT/3rd STRING MIDFIELD......Still better than our 1st choice by a mile.

what on earth will the city midfield be? has Barrys summer just gotten worse..won't get near the 1st team surely.

Gotta love city for just making transfer windows interesting.

Silva...Toure....Ireland..Johnson 1ST TEAM

Ireland will be nowhere near the first team, he couldn't even get a game last season. They often played with three defensive midfielders last season, so Barry won't have trouble getting a game.

I'm not sure why they kept Vieira though.

Barry, Toure, De Jong in midfield and Silva, Tevez and Johnson in attack (barring any new signings). Vieira, Adebayor and whoever they want to retain of Bellamy, SWP, Ireland, Weiss, Robinho, RSC and Johnson at the bench.

Barry, Toure, De Jong in midfield and Silva, Tevez and Johnson in attack (barring any new signings). Vieira, Adebayor and whoever they want to retain of Bellamy, SWP, Ireland, Weiss, Robinho, RSC and Johnson at the bench.

they'll do nothing spectacular with 3 players in midfield who can do nowt in the last third, miles too defensive. Would not be suprised to see them go for another to play along side toure. Think johnson did more than enough to guarentee a start alongside toure and silva, barry and de jong hughes signings so mancini may not have much love.

...which has been heavily disputed. The general consensus seems to be that Yaya T is the better player, but Busquets plays because he's Catalonian and therefore makes good PR.

That would be the juiciest story this year.

Heavily disputed by who? Toure is tripe and consistently looked out of place in Barca line-up. How he and Keita ever got in is beyond me but its outstanding business for Barca to offload him for that much and bizarre but not surprising for Citeh to waste money on a position they didn't need.

Liverpool to be sold by the end of the transfer window.

Although different magnitudes, getting Liverpool off the market and finally sold to someone should help improve the quality of possible bidders for Rovers. There will be some deep-pocketed people out there who want a football club for whom the dream of a big 4 club would now be off the table.

Liverpool to be sold by the end of the transfer window.

Although different magnitudes, getting Liverpool off the market and finally sold to someone should help improve the quality of possible bidders for Rovers. There will be some deep-pocketed people out there who want a football club for whom the dream of a big 4 club would now be off the table.

I would have thought they already are! ;):P

Heavily disputed by who? Toure is tripe and consistently looked out of place in Barca line-up. How he and Keita ever got in is beyond me but its outstanding business for Barca to offload him for that much and bizarre but not surprising for Citeh to waste money on a position they didn't need.

Keita and Touré tripe? Seriously? Have you ever watched Barcelona or just played them on some video game?

Archived