BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

Of all the realistic possibilities for the Fulham position Slaven Bilic and Mark Hughes would stand out for me. I don't even see John Gregory in the betting market, but for some weird reason I've always really liked John Gregory. Just seems to talk a lot of sense when doing pundit work. As a manager for my team right enough..... Not so sure. I wonder if any of the International managers who were on short term contracts for the World Cup or who have under-achieved will come into the reckoning now the tournament is comming to an end (for example a Dunga or a Carlos Quieroz)?

Have to say, I'd be less than impressed with Lee Clark myself. That one reeks of Paul Ince.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought John Gergory was a nob. He always bad mouthed his own players in public, and made himself look an idiot. If I was a Fulham fan, I'd want him to stay over in Israel. Lee Clark may turn out to be a good manager, but he really needs more experience, and not fancy the big time like Ince. I don't think he's got Paul's ego in his defence, and he is more likely to get his coaching badges.

£220,000 p/w for Toure? Good player, but good God, not that good. That's Rooney, Tevez, Messi wages.

FIFA and the other governing bodies should have put in the wage cap when they had a chance......now there is no way they can claw things back......soon players will be on ridiculous amounts like some of then chaps over in america in their so called sports of baseball and other sports like basketball and american pass around (cough) i mean football

No Footballer is worth 220K a week, its ridiculous and is getting well out of hand.

No wonder he was "desperate" to come to England. Do these jokers really expect us to believe it's for the football?

This thought just occured to me. He's more than likely on more a week than the entire Blackpool squad!

It's thought to have been less than £5M/yr last season, which would be less than £100k/w. Obviously it'll grow for the upcoming season due to transfers and possible wage increase clauses.

Just met Fabio Cannavaro at the Moroccan joint Momo's (also found in London) here in Dubai and he looked like he was well and truly over the Italian heartbreak at the WC! :P

PS. He has confirmed to local media that he didnt join Al Ahli for the money. Good to know! :) Cant blame him though.

Just met Fabio Cannavaro at the Moroccan joint Momo's (also found in London) here in Dubai and he looked like he was well and truly over the Italian heartbreak at the WC! :P

PS. He has confirmed to local media that he didnt join Al Ahli for the money. Good to know! :) Cant blame him though.

No doubt he was a childhood Al Ahli fan etc!

Right John Gregory was a wind up but Bilic is one of the main contenders.

We should have hired Bilic two years ago, when the club wanted to follow the Hughes' model. He was a promising young manager with international pedigree. Instead, we turned to the "Guvnor".

We should have hired Bilic two years ago, when the club wanted to follow the Hughes' model. He was a promising young manager with international pedigree. Instead, we turned to the "Guvnor".

Bilic was on my shortlist too but subsequent events prove that we should really have signed Allardyce (also on my early wish list :tu: ) from the off.

Apparently James Milner off to City when he gets back from his holidays. It's disappointing as he's come on so much and he's been brilliant this season, and looking at Barry it's clear they don't know how to get these players playing to the level that we do, but when it'sfigures like 25m/30m you have to take notice as it's huge money and theres not much of it about at lots of clubs these days. That money could get 2/3 good players into this squad.

Hopefully Ireland will be a part of the deal in some way.

Apparently James Milner off to City when he gets back from his holidays. It's disappointing as he's come on so much and he's been brilliant this season, and looking at Barry it's clear they don't know how to get these players playing to the level that we do, but when it'sfigures like 25m/30m you have to take notice as it's huge money and theres not much of it about at lots of clubs these days. That money could get 2/3 good players into this squad.

Hopefully Ireland will be a part of the deal in some way.

Welcome to the real world. Money talks;players go and they mostly stagnate or go backwards. We can think of plenty of examples from Rovers. Although you do have money it's obvious that you are nowhere near competing at this moment in terms of holding on to your players. Ashley Young next?

From an England perspective, Milner will be another promising young player destroyed.

Plenty of indications that Torres will be leaving Liverpool in today's press.

Philip... did you really need to read that in the press? :rolleyes: It's as sure as a dog has fleas that he'll be off.

Welcome to the real world. Money talks;players go and they mostly stagnate or go backwards. We can think of plenty of examples from Rovers.

Nowt new gumboots. Fred Pick was the first to find that out.

Philip... did you really need to read that in the press? :rolleyes: It's as sure as a dog has fleas that he'll be off.

Nowt new gumboots. Fred Pick was the first to find that out.

Never heard of him. But it's always been the case since football started that players will chase the glory/money and often do themselves no favours whatsoever. You'd think after about 150 years it would dawn on someone of even limited intelligence that moving clubs is not always the best thing to do but no - they carry on repeating the mistakes of previous players always thinking they'll be the one to buck the trend.

Never heard of him. But it's always been the case since football started that players will chase the glory/money and often do themselves no favours whatsoever. You'd think after about 150 years it would dawn on someone of even limited intelligence that moving clubs is not always the best thing to do but no - they carry on repeating the mistakes of previous players always thinking they'll be the one to buck the trend.

Wash out your mouth with soap gumboots! He was our equivalent of your Brian Clough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Pickering

N.B. 3 English international appearences and 5 goals scored and he was never selected to play again!!!! Quite a timely compariosn wouldn't you say? :rolleyes:

Archived