BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently James Milner off to City when he gets back from his holidays. It's disappointing as he's come on so much and he's been brilliant this season, and looking at Barry it's clear they don't know how to get these players playing to the level that we do, but when it'sfigures like 25m/30m you have to take notice as it's huge money and theres not much of it about at lots of clubs these days. That money could get 2/3 good players into this squad.

Hopefully Ireland will be a part of the deal in some way.

NEVER a £30m Player.....Snap their hands off, Sell him, take Ireland & Sign Bentley for about £7m - stronger team, with money to spare!

That's the problem with English players and people complain why clubs sign foreigners.

30m pounds for James Milner when David Silva moves for 30m Euros or someone like Ozil is available for about 15m Euros, Fabio Coentrao at 15m Euros, Maicon at about 28-30m Euros, and a 100 other examples.

Welcome to the real world. Money talks;players go and they mostly stagnate or go backwards. We can think of plenty of examples from Rovers. Although you do have money it's obvious that you are nowhere near competing at this moment in terms of holding on to your players. Ashley Young next?

You say welcome to the real world as if we've never had to sell a player we didn't want to before, Barry was just last summer. I don't think it's a case of not being able to hold onto players, if an average or similar club to us comes in we keep the player, Man City are one of a kind and you simply can't refuse the deals they offer to you.

Ashley Young won't leave I don' think, I'd cope if he did though, Agbonlahor is the only one I really don't want to sell from this squad to be honest.

Like others say, one season in centre mid and figures of 30m being touted, take their hands off.

You say welcome to the real world as if we've never had to sell a player we didn't want to before, Barry was just last summer. I don't think it's a case of not being able to hold onto players, if an average or similar club to us comes in we keep the player, Man City are one of a kind and you simply can't refuse the deals they offer to you.

Ashley Young won't leave I don' think, I'd cope if he did though, Agbonlahor is the only one I really don't want to sell from this squad to be honest.

Like others say, one season in centre mid and figures of 30m being touted, take their hands off.

And if chelsea or Man Utd came calling you wouldn't hold onto players either. In fact since Spurs pay over the odds if they have to and this season at least have potentially CL proper to play if they can get through the qualifiers you might even struggle if they came calling. Don't see why you are too bothered about Agbonlahor - fast but no real football brain.

And if chelsea or Man Utd came calling you wouldn't hold onto players either. In fact since Spurs pay over the odds if they have to and this season at least have potentially CL proper to play if they can get through the qualifiers you might even struggle if they came calling. Don't see why you are too bothered about Agbonlahor - fast but no real football brain.

I'd much rather keep Agbonlahor than Young. The whole quick but no football brain argument has gotten so old, it makes me wonder if anyone even watches him play anymore or just remember a few MOTD flashes from 4 years ago when he first came through.

As for the list of clubs who could take our players, well....nearly every club in the world loses a player if Chelsea or United want them. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

It amazes me when people tell fans of other clubs about their own players with such authority. Tom likely watches Agbonlahor every week, you are mostly going on a stereotype. Much like fans of other clubs telling us we're dirty or "bully boys".

From what I've seen Agbonlahor has grown as a player and in my opinion should have been in South Africa. Our resident seemingly well informed Villa fan seems to corroborate this.

Sven has lost it, if he ever had it. Bilic would be a gamble but one that might pay off. Hughes is the sure bet.

In my opinion, without being told anything, here is how it will break down.

Sven won't get it, maybe we are just linking our name to him to boost season ticket sales.

That leaves Bilic and Hughes.

Hughes brings a big, expensive entourage but will get the job done. Ray Lewington is a mainstay at Fulham, so that may cause a few problems with Hughes wanting to bring in his own backroom staff.

Bilic is an unproven manager but Mo likes him and he would be the cheapest of the lot. Problem that I have with Bilic is that he has failed with a very good Croatian team in the last few years. Also I don't know how good he was at Hadjuk but it's a very poor league so if he didn't do well I would be surprised.

So, again in my opinion, Bilic looks like the favourite. I'd be genuinely surprised if Fulham got Sven.

Hughes brings a big, expensive entourage but will get the job done. Ray Lewington is a mainstay at Fulham, so that may cause a few problems with Hughes wanting to bring in his own backroom staff.

Ask Tony Parkes what he thinks of Mark Hughes. Parkes left Rovers in November 2004, after 34 years at the club, following then-manager Mark Hughes' decision to bring in his own backroom team. Parkes criticised the club after he learned of his sacking from his daughter, who had heard the news on the radio, saying, "Usually Blackburn do it the right way, but they got it wrong. I think I deserve a bit more respect than to have my daughter telling me she's just heard it on the radio

Ask Tony Parkes what he thinks of Mark Hughes. Parkes left Rovers in November 2004, after 34 years at the club, following then-manager Mark Hughes' decision to bring in his own backroom team. Parkes criticised the club after he learned of his sacking from his daughter, who had heard the news on the radio, saying, "Usually Blackburn do it the right way, but they got it wrong. I think I deserve a bit more respect than to have my daughter telling me she's just heard it on the radio

No doubt about it Hughes is definitely not Mr Personality. He can be a nasty and viscous piece of work like many of his countrymen but maybe thats part of what made him a success with us. Nice guys rarely become leaders of men.

Hughes is a leader of men, he is a great scout too but tactically I think he's lacking. It's possibly to do with the fact that most of the clubs he played for did not have to bother too much about the tactics of the opposition.

To be honest, and I know this will sound strange, but if that's the case and I had to chose between Ray Lew and Mark Hughes it would be Ray everyday of the week. I don't want any manager upsetting the stability that Fulham has now. Cheers for that insight by the way.

Whilst I agree with the decision to get rid of Parkes, who was in employment out of sentiment, the way it seems to have happened was not right at all.

Daum is a name I've not heard for a good while. Wasn't he the one who blew the German job over blow?

Is there any truth in the rumours doing the rounds that Liverpool are about to be sold to some Arabs???

my mate told me the same today. dont know who told him. could be DIC who would to buy liverpool before. One of them is a season ticket holder at liverpool.

It amazes me when people tell fans of other clubs about their own players with such authority. Tom likely watches Agbonlahor every week, you are mostly going on a stereotype. Much like fans of other clubs telling us we're dirty or "bully boys".

From what I've seen Agbonlahor has grown as a player and in my opinion should have been in South Africa. Our resident seemingly well informed Villa fan seems to corroborate this.

I'm not telling him - I'm giving an opinion, based on what I've seen in a fair few matches and also heard from Villa supporting friends. It's only an opinion; I don't claim to know everything, but he does not impress me as much as he seems to impress others. That's all. I'm not stereotyping anyone; I just am not as impressed as our resident Villa fan is.

I'm not telling him - I'm giving an opinion, based on what I've seen in a fair few matches and also heard from Villa supporting friends. It's only an opinion; I don't claim to know everything, but he does not impress me as much as he seems to impress others. That's all. I'm not stereotyping anyone; I just am not as impressed as our resident Villa fan is.

Opinions are opinions, all entitled to them. Gab divides the fanbase. I am in the pro camp. He gets better every season, scores and sets more goals up each season, he's now way bigger and stronger than that first season, holds the ball up well, good in the air, he's got a bit of everything. If he got a bit more adventurous in the box and got the tap ins we'd be sorted. Lots get frustrated with him but most of the time when he's bad it's down to our manager and his questionable tactics and football.

Martin Boughton the Liverpool Chairman has publicly said he wants the club sold this summer so it is not surprising there are rumours flying around.

No doubt Hick/Gillett will flog to the highest bidder which could leave some interesting people with deep pockets frustrated at not having bought a Premier League club...

Archived