BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ffan will be relieved that Curbishley has said he is out of the running for the job.

I think the fact that Barca's coach has said he was forced to sell a player for £10m whom he had wanted to keep puts their transfer mouthiness into perspective. A quiet insistence on cash up front should put any thoughts of Barca raiding the Prem to one side. Real Madrid are apparently OK over the media company going into receivership but their banks are not as the banks guarranteed Real their TV payments!!!

That asymetric arrangement of course means that Real's bankers will be out to kill the media company ASAP to get someone else lined up to generate the cash. Which may or probably may not be what Barca want at this stage.

Does La Liga have the wit or the power to step in and sort out a more equitable TV deal in Spain? There are enough cash-strapped Spanish clubs who could be desperate enough to force the issue.

I would imagine Man City and Chelsea are watching for opportunities to sign Barca/Spain World Cup players although they would have to strike with a military precision neither club is exactly any good at.

There have been rumblings in the media that Barcelona are struggling with their short-term debt. I agree with you Philipl that they are unlikely to raid the PL.

On the other hand they have just sold Toure for £200m and some ukranian dude to Shaktar Donetsk for £120m, but they are struggling with the money making.

So to summarise, Barca are in the crap, whereas Real are potentially in trouble if the banks get a bit shirty over the failing TV company, and a new TV deal isn't quickly set up. Real will be fine then, as no bank will stick the knife into Real. Unless they're a foreign bank who doesn't mind a bit of bad PR.

On the other hand they have just sold Toure for £200m and some ukranian dude to Shaktar Donetsk for £120m, but they are struggling with the money making.

I hope you have a few extra 0s in there, otherwise they are really up the ###### :lol:

Why did ye put money on Bilic lads? just a hunch or a guess?

Well the first big give away that he would get the job was the fact that you didn't want him, always works that way.

I thought Sven was a little old, Hughes expensive and Bilic is worth taking the risk on. He already has alot of contacts in the world game and can keep you on the right track.

There have been rumblings in the media that Barcelona are struggling with their short-term debt. I agree with you Philipl that they are unlikely to raid the PL.

wtf, Toure worth 200mill and the Ukranian at 120Mill? :unsure: Do you like have a special number pad, where you can go from 1 to 200 with the push of 1 button? :lol:;)

With all the financial problems at Barça, I wonder if Blackburn could tempt any of the talent to Ewood Park for a season on loan. Obviously we don't need Messi when we've got Diouf and Xavi would never get in the team ahead of Andrews but if we're targetting the likes of Guti and Raul then how about some of the fringe Barcelona players like Jeffrén or Hleb who would both be permanent fixtures in the first team and would also improve our team.

With all the financial problems at Barça, I wonder if Blackburn could tempt any of the talent to Ewood Park for a season on loan. Obviously we don't need Messi when we've got Diouf and Xavi would never get in the team ahead of Andrews but if we're targetting the likes of Guti and Raul then how about some of the fringe Barcelona players like Jeffrén or Hleb who would both be permanent fixtures in the first team and would also improve our team.

We could always just buy Pique?

Archived