BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That can't be a done deal, Pompey have a player embargo in place.

"To finance the CVA and establish a sound financial footing Andronikou has to sell players and cut the wage bill, so it is imperative that the player registration embargo is lifted as soon as possible for Portsmouth to replenish the squad."

Possibility of it happening soon accordin to the article.

Chainrai 'wants to be Portsmouth owner for second time'

Guest Kamy100

Manchester Evening News are reporting that Manchester City are close to arranging a swop deal which will see Robinho going to Barcelona and Ibrahimovic coming the otherway.

So they are going to swop one problem for another!

Selling Loric Cana who was probably one of the best players in a Sunderland team last season is a big mistake I think.

Happy to see that United doesn't always get what they want all the time them either.

Looks like City wait to see who Utd want then just throw in a ridiculous bid to drive the price up. Doesn't sit well with me, although I know some are loving it :P

Manchester Evening News are reporting that Manchester City are close to arranging a swop deal which will see Robinho going to Barcelona and Ibrahimovic coming the otherway.

So they are going to swop one problem for another!

Given that their players have apparently not been paid last month why would any top player's agent want his charge to sign for barca?

Barca players are now paid- after an emmergency E150m loan was taken out raising the club's indebtedness even further.

At the risk of taking this off 'Premier League' topic - Even though Barcelona have never worn corporate advertisements on their shirt, with the UNICEF deal ending next year (the club announced a five year agreement in 2006), do you think Philip, or anyone else, that they may consider breaking with tradition and selling their souls to the devil in exchange for some wonga!!?

Selling Loric Cana who was probably one of the best players in a Sunderland team last season is a big mistake I think.

Happy to see that United doesn't always get what they want all the time them either.

Cana was far from one of our best players last season, he was very poor at times away from home and only seemed to perform at home. Him & Cattermole just didn't work in the same team.

Suprised we managed to attract him in first place tbh, but if he wants to move for family reasons good luck to him. Just hope we use the money well !

That can't be a done deal, Pompey have a player embargo in place.

"To finance the CVA and establish a sound financial footing Andronikou has to sell players and cut the wage bill, so it is imperative that the player registration embargo is lifted as soon as possible for Portsmouth to replenish the squad."

Possibility of it happening soon accordin to the article.

Chainrai 'wants to be Portsmouth owner for second time'

It's been confirmed by the Pompey chief executive David Lampitt in the local Portsmouth newspaper and he goes on to say say: 'Nadir has made a very positive contribution to Pompey during his two years at the club, during which time he has developed as a player to the point of his impressive displays for Algeria at the World Cup. We'd like to thank Nadir for his efforts towards the Pompey cause and wish him all the best for the future.'

Also confirmed on their official website.

At the risk of taking this off 'Premier League' topic - Even though Barcelona have never worn corporate advertisements on their shirt, with the UNICEF deal ending next year (the club announced a five year agreement in 2006), do you think Philip, or anyone else, that they may consider breaking with tradition and selling their souls to the devil in exchange for some wonga!!?

When they took Unicef, it was speculated as preparing the fans for the shirt to carry a commercial logo.

Barca players are now paid- after an emmergency E150m loan was taken out raising the club's indebtedness even further.

wow.... I can't get my arms around this one!!!

How long before we see sponsorship on the Barca kit?

sorry doaksie.... missed your post.

I wouldnt worry about Barca having money cash flow issues, they own land and assets worth billions and own 2 stadiums to put. That is not to mention playing staff worth billions.

The debt they may currently have is easily serviced.

I wouldnt worry about Barca having money cash flow issues, they own land and assets worth billions and own 2 stadiums to put. That is not to mention playing staff worth billions.

The debt they may currently have is easily serviced.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

The income figures Barca report are notoriously suspect.

In September last year, Barcelona’s vice-chairman for finance, Joan Boix, announced that at the end of October the club’s syndicated loan would be down to zero. He also offered reassurance in the light of the world economic situation.

When the current board took over at the club in the summer of 2003, Barcelona applied for a syndicated bank facility to restructure the club’s debt. Joan Boix, club vice-chairman for finance and treasurer announced on ‘Zona Mixta' on Barça TV that this loan will be paid off on 31 October.

Now we know that Barca's debt stands at E530m- a slight rounding difference from zero.

Barca clearly have an issue with qualifying under the Platini rules and because of the way they are set up as a members' club don't have a convenient owner's holding company to shuffle the debt into like Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool have.

Like Man U, Barca have cash flow to keep them out of short term doodah and like Man U can and do flog off players for tens of millions when things get a bit tight. They also have more assets but selling off football grounds etc into the current Spanish real estate market is an interesting prospect.

I suspect that all round Europe (except Germany probably), the sound of financial chickens coming home to roost during 2010/11 will be more deafening in football clubs than the vuvuzelas. That is why I am relaxed about Rovers remaining in Walker Trust ownership just now- next summer will be the time to have a war chest and get real value and a competitive leg up, not this summer.

When they took Unicef, it was speculated as preparing the fans for the shirt to carry a commercial logo.

It was a pretty obvious move. They were praised for having unicef but it was also quite obvious what the long-term economic benefits will be.

The first company to sponsor Barca will pay through the nose for it. Will smash all previous records.

Barca clearly have an issue with qualifying under the Platini rules and because of the way they are set up as a members' club don't have a convenient owner's holding company to shuffle the debt into like Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool have

You could add Real Madrid and a couple of Italian teams into the mix.

Somehow i don't think these clubs will be chucked out of european competitions

Archived